Anything cut to length will be too short.

devel / comp.theory / Re: Update: I might indeed need to go into politics.

SubjectAuthor
* Update: I might indeed need to go into politics.B.H.
+- Update: I might indeed need to go into politics.B.H.
`* Update: I might indeed need to go into politics.M Kfivethousand
 `- Update: I might indeed need to go into politics.B.H.

1
Update: I might indeed need to go into politics.

<a1cc55a8-dae8-4b09-b61c-1cb7b42c7df8n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=35250&group=comp.theory#35250

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2022 08:36:59 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Update: I might indeed need to go into politics.
From: xlt....@gmail.com (B.H.)
 by: B.H. - Fri, 1 Jul 2022 15:36 UTC

I've been so aggressively smeared, based on who I am descended from, my disability, and my left-wing pro-law disposition, that I might need to go into politics to improve my reputation. If I get famous as an artist or other leader, or if I don't get famous, I'm likely to remain smeared as a "political radical," which I am not, by people who won't leave me alone based on compulsive psychological issues.

Political election is the closest thing to revolt the US has, and I'm going to need to use that if I'm ever going to have a family and a life. Getting my release from captivity will be a win for me, but not enough to give me a fully happy, normal life. I'll need to keep pushing and winning against bad guys or I'll never get what I want in life, whether I discover or write or sell the greatest things or not.

Thus, I might wind up running for Congress or other similar office in the LA area if I can move there; I certainly have the capability.

-Philip White (philipjwhite@yahoo.com)

Re: Update: I might indeed need to go into politics.

<360aeb33-499e-4bec-8d26-fdc1e9539eacn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=35256&group=comp.theory#35256

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2022 09:32:52 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Update: I might indeed need to go into politics.
From: xlt....@gmail.com (B.H.)
 by: B.H. - Fri, 1 Jul 2022 16:32 UTC

On Friday, July 1, 2022 at 11:37:01 AM UTC-4, B.H. wrote:
> I've been so aggressively smeared, based on who I am descended from, my disability, and my left-wing pro-law disposition, that I might need to go into politics to improve my reputation. If I get famous as an artist or other leader, or if I don't get famous, I'm likely to remain smeared as a "political radical," which I am not, by people who won't leave me alone based on compulsive psychological issues.
>
> Political election is the closest thing to revolt the US has, and I'm going to need to use that if I'm ever going to have a family and a life. Getting my release from captivity will be a win for me, but not enough to give me a fully happy, normal life. I'll need to keep pushing and winning against bad guys or I'll never get what I want in life, whether I discover or write or sell the greatest things or not.
>
> Thus, I might wind up running for Congress or other similar office in the LA area if I can move there; I certainly have the capability.
>
> -Philip White (philip...@yahoo.com)

One neat thing: If I just was a Rep for 2 years, it would set a good precedent...either the CIA stops obsessively stalking me, or the President gets a tacit precedent-based green light to stalk and smear and attack any ex-Congressman/Congresswoman he/she pleases; just cite the Representative Philip White case as a precedent, and then you can stalk anyone you want to.

-Philip White

Re: Update: I might indeed need to go into politics.

<017283bf-3757-4fbc-934a-f72cb1fd9506n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=35332&group=comp.theory#35332

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2022 14:26:58 -0700 (PDT)
From: marika5...@gmail.com (M Kfivethousand)
 by: M Kfivethousand - Sun, 3 Jul 2022 21:26 UTC

On Friday, July 1, 2022 at 10:37:01 AM UTC-5, B.H. wrote:
> I've been so aggressively smeared, based on who I am descended from, my disability, and my left-wing pro-law disposition, that I might need to go into politics to improve my reputation.

Why not run to be a local judge. Get some name recognition then go on to more ambitious posts

You might actually enjoy being a judge more if you have a pro law disposition

I got back from court on friday.
My neighbor pissed off the judge and got thrown right back in jail.
Either he has a really crappy lawyer who did a lousy job telling him how to answer judge questions, or he is just too stubborn (and too honest) for his own good.
Next up: he has a trial date next month

I sat through 2 hours of hearings before they got to his case.
I heard like a dozen cases during that time. ALL MEN 20-35yrs old.
Every single one of them said “the right things” to the judge, who was actually kind of benevolent to all of them, except stoner who said all the “wrong things”.
Most were really boring DUIs, one was a drug dealer who I really thought would get probation but he got FIVE YEARS in jail.
But the most interesting one was a 22yr old guy who met a girl on Tinder, and she let him use her car (they had only been “dating” for one week at the time) when he stopped at a Wawa to buy gas. (He was alone, the girlfriend wasn’t with him).
When he backed up to leave, he hit an 85yr old man behind his car. They saw on video that the driver got out of the car, helped the guy up, talked to him for a couple minutes, and then drove away. The customers there described it as “fled the scene of an accident”.
So the cops tracked down the car owner (his girlfriend) and together they concocted some bunch of lies to the cops about how it “wasn’t him” driving the car. That of course fell apart and the guy was arrested for a bunch of stuff like driving without a license, vehicular injury, leaving scene of accident, lying to cops blah blah blah.
His lawyer was really good and outlined how the guy is the sole provider for his sick mother, has never been arrested before, works full time, goes to college, volunteers at a nursing home. Then he called his mother up to the stand to testify. She didn’t speak a word of English (sounded something like Persian to me) so the testimony was really prolonged with a translator, and she wept like a baby the entire time about what a good boy he is, and how she can’t survive without him if he goes to jail.

The judge split his speech to the lawyer into two parts: his opinion on driving without a license and hitting someone, vs his opinion on the concocted lies story.
He must have asked the guy a dozen times WHY did you do this?
And the guy’s answer was always “I was stupid, I was afraid of going to jail, I need to be home to take care of my mother, I’m all she has and I do all the housework and pay all the bills”. It was actually riveting.

You’re the pro law judge. Would you sentence him, and to what?

mk5000

If only I could put into words
The way I feel
Telling myself the situation's not real
Lost and sometimes I feel

https://www.letssingit.com/judge-lyrics-i-ve-lost-rklmmnz

Re: Update: I might indeed need to go into politics.

<6b647528-d406-4545-b86b-d92a159ac5ebn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=35346&group=comp.theory#35346

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2022 20:00:33 -0700 (PDT)
From: xlt....@gmail.com (B.H.)
 by: B.H. - Mon, 4 Jul 2022 03:00 UTC

On Sunday, July 3, 2022 at 5:27:00 PM UTC-4, M Kfivethousand wrote:
> [...]
>
> The judge split his speech to the lawyer into two parts: his opinion on driving without a license and hitting someone, vs his opinion on the concocted lies story.
> He must have asked the guy a dozen times WHY did you do this?
> And the guy’s answer was always “I was stupid, I was afraid of going to jail, I need to be home to take care of my mother, I’m all she has and I do all the housework and pay all the bills”. It was actually riveting.
>
> You’re the pro law judge. Would you sentence him, and to what?

Your comments are interesting and fine, but I'd rather not weigh in. a) Because I don't want to influence courts in cases where the facts aren't confirmed to be correct to me, and b) I don't feel like it and it's not an urgent debate to win me my freedom...it sort of doesn't interest me that much, I have a citizen's interest in the law but not any serious understanding of how courts operate, whereas lawyers would know that kind of thing.

It's nice of you to comment though. I don't really want to be a judge...I'm happy to be pro-law, I'm more likely to write about debating than to hear debates or become a lawyer. I like to be a "mind arms dealer" and supply competitors rather than jump in the ring myself when possible; I can be aggressive-minded, careful/safe, and speculative at the same time without risking making bad decisions or "losing" at a "contest" of sorts where there is a clear 1 vs. 0 in a non-game as opposed to a "quality high-score" to be maximized, with an evaluator to weed out bad entries to take responsibility.

Basically, I wasn't encouraged to be a pilot any more after I was a teenager. :)

Btw, if you took legal action against your neighbor, I would sort of recommend not bragging about it if it's "case closed." If you "got someone" and you needed to to stay at peace and protect your rights, and the risk of you getting damaged is over, I recommend calming down and trying to move on without mocking someone who's down and very likely to leave you alone...I think it's better not to be seen as sadistic. That's my opinion though, I don't mind if you want to discuss alternate viewpoints...that interests me somewhat, I mainly have my narrow perspective on sadism, seeking peace and prosperity, and despising out-of-bounds predatory behavior, and I haven't heard other philosophical viewpoints.

Anyway, welcome back, whoever you are.

-Philip White (philipjwhite@yahoo.com)