From: StendeJ...@nospam.net (Sten deJoode)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.system,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad
Subject: Re: how to access .mp4 & .pdf files on iPad after copying from Linux via ifuse
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2024 17:59:00 -0400
 by: Sten deJoode - Mon, 11 Mar 2024 21:59 UTC

On Tue, 12 Mar 2024 08:34:10 +1300, Your Name wrote:

> Do you put your kitchen utensils in the bathroom cabinet? Is your car
> parked in your bedroom?
>
> It's sensible to store things in proper locations to make them easy to find.
> The entire Mac OS, and hence almost every other modern OS, was designed
> so people could store their files in folders to make organising and
> finding them much easier.
>
> Putting things any old where is what lazy and disorganised people do,
> and then they complain that they can't ever find anything.
>
> If you use the iPad as it was meant to be used, then files
> automatically go where they need to. The problems occur when people
> start meddling by using "manager" apps to move files around. :-(

The Apple religious nutjobs like Your Name have no concept of what every
other operating system not from Apple has, which is the concept that you
can put anything you want anywhere you damn well want to put it.

Even when you're in the real world (i.e., Linux is in the real world) and
even though Apple says their operating systems don't work in the real
world.

<http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=18_ios180.jpg> Read & write all!
<http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=18_ios170.jpg> Anywhere you want
<http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=18_ios160.jpg> Any file you want
<http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=18_ios150.jpg> Copy Win10 to iOS
<http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=18_ios140.jpg> read & write iOS
<http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=18_ios130.jpg> iFuse mounts all!
<http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=18_ios120.jpg> iFuse mounts iOS
<http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=18_ios110.jpg> iFuse Windows mnt
<http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=18_ios100.jpg> iFuse is Ubuntu native
<http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=18_ios090.jpg> Which nobody knows!
<http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=18_ios080.jpg> This is the trick!
<http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=18_ios070.jpg> If you know a trick
<http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=18_ios060.jpg> For both read & write
<http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=18_ios050.jpg> Including DCIM folder
<http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=18_ios040.jpg> View iOS filesystem
<http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=18_ios030.jpg> iOS mounts on Ubuntu
<http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=18_ios020.jpg> Allow device access?
<http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=18_ios010.jpg> Trust This Computer?
<http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=18_ios000.jpg> Ubuntu before iOS

To be fair to Apple, Apple's operating systems are written exclusively for
people who have absolutely zero technical knowledge, and hence no
experience with putting data wherever YOU want to put your data.

Since Apple operating systems are made, essentially, for people who know
nothing about computers, it makes sense that Apple spectacularly constrains
where your data can go. Everything has to stay inside the walled garden.

But the OP is coming from Linux world, where Linux owners aren't ignorant
of computers like Apple owners tend to be (naive owners are whom Apple
advertises to, if you witness their ads for "emoji" being the biggest thing
they can put into the iOS 17.4 operating system and "yellow" colors being
the best they can do for the iPhone 14 hardware).

Apple's own advertisements prove Apple thinks its own customer is naive.
And they are.

But the OP isn't naive. He can choose wherever he wants to put his data.
Apple coders don't know how to code software that works in the real world.

But I've done everything the OP wants to do with Linux so it can be done.
(It just has been years since I've done it as those images are mine but old).