From: jaugust...@verizon.net
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Samsung Galaxy A11 "Contacts" icon relocate
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2022 15:41:13 -0500
 by: jaugust...@verizon.net - Thu, 8 Dec 2022 20:41 UTC

Hi,

I have a Samsung Galaxy A11 smart phone (Tracfone).

I would like to move or copy the "Contacts" icon from
the group (an icon with multiple dots) to my home screen.

I know how to move an icon from one screen to another,
but how do you move one that is part of a group?

Thank You in advance, John

Re: Samsung Galaxy A11 "Contacts" icon relocate

<ipg6ph5945bq9512ol9jm98mmmdodjk5pl@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=35613&group=comp.mobile.android#35613

From: jaugust...@verizon.net
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Samsung Galaxy A11 "Contacts" icon relocate
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2022 09:28:07 -0500
 by: jaugust...@verizon.net - Fri, 9 Dec 2022 14:28 UTC

> I have a Samsung Galaxy A11 smart phone (Tracfone).
>
> I would like to move or copy the "Contacts" icon from
>the group (an icon with multiple dots) to my home screen.
>
> I know how to move an icon from one screen to another,
>but how do you move one that is part of a group?

Here is more information:

Note: the group of apps (icon with multiple dots) is on my
home screen.

When I hold my finger on the "Contacts" icon within the
group, I am presented with options, one is "Add to home".

I selected "Add to home", but it creates a "Contacts" icon
on the next screen, NOT the home screen!!

I tried to drag that icon over to the home screen, but it does
not "work"!!

Does anyone know how I can get a "Contacts" icon on
my phone's home screen?

Thank You in advance, John