From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Subject: Re: 67W USB GaN adapter (2 USB-C, 1 USB-A) 70% off today for Amazon Prime members
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2022 07:25:04 +0000
 by: Andy Burnelli - Thu, 15 Dec 2022 07:25 UTC

sms wrote:

> I ordered two of those chargers for $9 each. When you check the 70% off
> coupon it doesn't show up until just before you pay.
>
> I have two Amazon Prime accounts for the next week. The old one is about
> to expire and has a technical issue that Amazon can't or won't fix. The
> new one came with a $200 Amazon credit on their Amazon Prime Visa.

This is a great stocking stuffer that Steve kindly let us know about!
*67W USB GaN adapter (2 USB-C, 1 USB-A) 70% off today for Amazon Prime*
<https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/ogCIlz-PogY>

The beauty of this gaN technology charger is it does everything.
a. It has three ports, two of which are USB-C and one is USB-A
b. It supports PD (which is the only standard Apple supports)
c. It supports QC (which is a standard many Androids support)
d. It has enough power for iPads, tablets, and even laptops (macbook)
e. I don't know much about "magsafe" but it says it supports that too
f. It only has fewer than 50 ratings but it has an 18 month warranty
g. It's perfect for travel due to the ports, power & folding prongs
h. It's really powerful (67 watts is a ton)
i. Its Gallium Nitride (GaN) technology is the most efficient today

Compare it to the 5W charging brick that came with most devices in the
olden days, and to the 15W to 20W chargers that come with most Android
phones today (and, sigh, Apple supplies no charger anymore - where they lie
to you that you "already" have plenty but what Apple (innocently?) neglects
to mention is _none_ of them charge the phone at the speeds it was designed
for - but this charger _does_ charge that extremely expensive at the speeds
Apple advertised (that you'll never get unless you buy one of these).

I have to thank Steve for his acumen in finding the best chargers at the
best prices, where I just ordered it for $9.82 (with high CA sales tax).

I tried ordering four of them at $9 on one Amazon Prime account, but it
only applied the 70% discount at checkout on one so I reduced it to one.

While Steve and I differ greatly on political views (he's far to the left
and I'm almost dead center balanced in the middle) I love that Steve finds
the best prices on the net for electronics (and I've bought his recommended
stuff almost every time he's mentioned it on this & the Android newsgroup).

I often forward Steve's posts to others in my family because if Steve says
it's good, it's a great buy (he's the same with finding cellular plans).

Kudos to Steve for this find.
--
Posted out of the goodness of my heart to disseminate useful information
which, in this case, is to let as many people know about it so they can

Re: 67W USB GaN adapter (2 USB-C, 1 USB-A) 70% off today for Amazon Prime members

<tnlmgu$1ko4$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=35677&group=comp.mobile.android#35677

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2022 00:23:06 +0000
 by: Andy Burnelli - Sun, 18 Dec 2022 00:23 UTC

Andy Burnelli wrote:

> This is a great stocking stuffer that Steve kindly let us know about!
> *67W USB GaN adapter (2 USB-C, 1 USB-A) 70% off today for Amazon Prime*
> <https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/ogCIlz-PogY>

I love this GaN charger because it charges all my multi-platform devices!

I'd like to get more as $9 stocking stuffers so let us know the next sale.
Mine arrived just now and this is what it says printed on the box.

Onko 67w SuperPort S3 III
The Ultra-Compact 67WDual PD & GaN 3-port Laptop Charger
Design by Guang Dong Anke Intelligent Technology Company, LTD
Manufactured by Brightpower Optoelectronic Technology Company, LTD

Model CH-GN67W27C1A, B07XYNK5TG
Input 100-240V 50/60Hz, 1.5A Max
Dimensions 60.5mm by 37.1mm by 32mm, 108 g

USB C1 = 5VDC@3A, 9VDC@3A, 12VDC@3A, 15VDC@3A & 20VDC@3.35A; 67W Max
USB C2 = 5VDC@3A, 9VDC@3A, 12VDC@3A, 15VDC@3A & 20VDC@3.35A; 67W Max
USB A = 4.5VDC@5A, 5VDC@4.5A, 9VDC@2A & 12VDC@1.5A; 22.5W Max

USB C1 + USB C2 = 45W + 20W = 65W Max
USB C1 + USB A = 45W + 18W = 63 W Max
USB C1 + (USB C2 + USB A) Total Output = 45W + 18W (63 W Max)
PPS 3.3VDC to 20.3VDC = 3.3 A Max

Bearing in mind Apple lied about all their chargers, (Apple has _never_
supplied the correct charger that charges your iPhone at the speeds you
paid for), this is a nice multi-standard universal charger to replace not
only the imaginary charger Apple loudly advertises you don't need, but also
any recent Android phone (and even the chargers for modern laptops).

Given most Android phones come with not only a modern battery (4.5A or
greater nowadays), but most Androids still come with the correct charger,
this type of charger will be especially useful to the Apple consumer where
Apple has consistently removed functionality year after year so that its
hapless customer is forced to buy it back.

At least at $9 for this charger, being forced to buy back what Apple
crudely removed isn't too bad of an injury to your pocketbook
(compared to what you paid for the iPhone that Apple crippled).

If it doesn't work for pretty much everything, please let me know what it
won't work on, because it sure seems to be a modern charger for that price.

Re: 67W USB GaN adapter (2 USB-C, 1 USB-A) 70% off today for Amazon Prime members

<tnm03j$3t0g1$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=35678&group=comp.mobile.android#35678

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Subject: Re: 67W USB GaN adapter (2 USB-C, 1 USB-A) 70% off today for Amazon
Prime members
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2022 19:06:26 -0800
 by: Alan - Sun, 18 Dec 2022 03:06 UTC

On 2022-12-17 16:23, Andy Burnelli wrote:
> Andy Burnelli wrote:
>
>> This is a great stocking stuffer that Steve kindly let us know about!
>>  *67W USB GaN adapter (2 USB-C, 1 USB-A) 70% off today for Amazon Prime*
>>  <https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/ogCIlz-PogY>
>
> I love this GaN charger because it charges all my multi-platform devices!
>
> I'd like to get more as $9 stocking stuffers so let us know the next sale.
> Mine arrived just now and this is what it says printed on the box.
>
> Onko 67w SuperPort S3 III The Ultra-Compact 67WDual PD & GaN 3-port
> Laptop Charger
> Design by Guang Dong Anke Intelligent Technology Company, LTD
> Manufactured by Brightpower Optoelectronic Technology Company, LTD
>
> Model CH-GN67W27C1A, B07XYNK5TG
> Input 100-240V 50/60Hz, 1.5A Max
> Dimensions 60.5mm by 37.1mm by 32mm, 108 g
>
> USB C1 = 5VDC@3A, 9VDC@3A, 12VDC@3A, 15VDC@3A & 20VDC@3.35A; 67W Max
> USB C2 = 5VDC@3A, 9VDC@3A, 12VDC@3A, 15VDC@3A & 20VDC@3.35A; 67W Max
> USB A = 4.5VDC@5A, 5VDC@4.5A, 9VDC@2A & 12VDC@1.5A; 22.5W Max
>
> USB C1 + USB C2 = 45W + 20W = 65W Max
> USB C1 + USB A = 45W + 18W = 63 W Max
> USB C1 + (USB C2 + USB A) Total Output = 45W + 18W (63 W Max)
>
> PPS 3.3VDC to 20.3VDC = 3.3 A Max
>
> Bearing in mind Apple lied about all their chargers, (Apple has _never_
> supplied the correct charger that charges your iPhone at the speeds you
> paid for), this is a nice multi-standard universal charger to replace not
> only the imaginary charger Apple loudly advertises you don't need, but also
> any recent Android phone (and even the chargers for modern laptops).

Apple has never lied about their chargers.

> Given most Android phones come with not only a modern battery (4.5A or
> greater nowadays),

The capacity of a battery doesn't determine it's modernity or lack thereof.

> but most Androids still come with the correct charger,

So then you're buying a new charger when you buy each new phone?

That's awfully wasteful.

> this type of charger will be especially useful to the Apple consumer where
> Apple has consistently removed functionality year after year so that its
> hapless customer is forced to buy it back.

More lies.

> At least at $9 for this charger, being forced to buy back what Apple
> crudely removed isn't too bad of an injury to your pocketbook (compared
> to what you paid for the iPhone that Apple crippled).
>
> If it doesn't work for pretty much everything, please let me know what it
> won't work on, because it sure seems to be a modern charger for that price.

I don't see a single link to this "price"...

Re: 67W USB GaN adapter (2 USB-C, 1 USB-A) 70% off today for Amazon Prime members

<tpcvub$13ln$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=36173&group=comp.mobile.android#36173

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2023 23:41:08 +0000
 by: Andy Burnelli - Sat, 7 Jan 2023 23:41 UTC

Andy Burnelli wrote:

> I love this GaN charger because it charges all my multi-platform devices!
>
> I'd like to get more as $9 stocking stuffers so let us know the next sale.

UPDATE: (Since I always update threads because I care about people.)

I bought a few for stocking stuffers, and the one negative report that came
back was the unit has foldable blades, and it is rather long in length.

It's long and heavy and when plugged into a vertical (typical) outlet, it
can easily fall down with the weight of the cord or if brushed by.

It's so long, it sticks our twice as far as many others do, so it's best
when placed in a horizontal outlet such as those on power strips on a desk.
--
Posted out of the goodness of my heart to disseminate useful information
which, in this case, is to let people know of the one main charger flaw.