From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Quick: Can I stop, prevent or stave off the upcoming December update?
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2022 15:12:42 +0000
 by: Andy Burnelli - Tue, 20 Dec 2022 15:12 UTC

My phone is updating too much to the point that I wish to stave off, if
possible, or stop altogether if possible, the upcoming update which will
happen in a day if I don't figure out how to stop it.

<https://i.postimg.cc/PJfyknG9/secupdate03.jpg> Stave off Dec 2022 update

My main question, as I'm in a rush to try to prevent this update is that,
but also I ask how I would know if the baseband will be updated or just
the security patch level with this update.

How can we tell?
<https://i.postimg.cc/W1d93VDP/secupdate04.jpg> Baseband >=6 not rootable

Re: Quick: Can I stop, prevent or stave off the upcoming December update?

<to2irk$1iun$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=35723&group=comp.mobile.android#35723

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2022 03:10:16 +0530
 by: Andy Burnelli - Thu, 22 Dec 2022 21:40 UTC

Andy Burnelli wrote:

> My phone is updating too much to the point that I wish to stave off, if
> possible, or stop altogether if possible, the upcoming update which will
> happen in a day if I don't figure out how to stop it.

I couldn't stop it. Sigh.

Re: Quick: Can I stop, prevent or stave off the upcoming December update?

<to56pt$mu2$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=35736&group=comp.mobile.android#35736

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,alt.comp.microsoft.windows,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2022 21:32:57 +0000
 by: Andy Burnelli - Fri, 23 Dec 2022 21:32 UTC

Andy Burnelli wrote:

>> My phone is updating too much to the point that I wish to stave off, if
>> possible, or stop altogether if possible, the upcoming update which will
>> happen in a day if I don't figure out how to stop it.
>
> I couldn't stop it. Sigh.

SOLVED! (I think)

As those who know me know about me, I _hate_ when I can't solve a technical
problem, and, as a result, I almost never fail to solve any problem tasked.

I "think" I solved this problem, just moments ago, but I need to test more.
<https://i.postimg.cc/4dFG6GNq/secupdate01.jpg> May, Jun & Jul 2022 update
<https://i.postimg.cc/HL5Bwt4Z/secupdate02.jpg> Baseband <=5 is rootable
<https://i.postimg.cc/PJfyknG9/secupdate03.jpg> Stave off Dec 2022 update
<https://i.postimg.cc/W1d93VDP/secupdate04.jpg> Baseband >=6 not rootable
<https://i.postimg.cc/ryhSH4f4/secupdate05.jpg> I couldn't stop the update
<https://i.postimg.cc/RZJQK0QH/secupdate06.jpg> com.sec.android.soagent
<https://i.postimg.cc/zvfTBDG3/secupdate07.jpg> com.ws.dm vs com.wssyncmldm
<https://i.postimg.cc/k5rNcdfh/secupdate08.jpg> test disabling/re-enabling
<https://i.postimg.cc/5NRSXzvJ/secupdate09.jpg> disable com.sec.android.soagent
<https://i.postimg.cc/nLv4SwWV/secupdate10.jpg> disable com.wssyncmldm

In summary, these commands should prevent Samsung A32 5G system updates.
(I think.)

C:\> adb shell pm list packages | findstr /i wssyncmldm
C:\> adb shell pm list packages -d | findstr /i wssyncmldm
C:\> adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.wssyncmldm
C:\> adb shell pm enable --user 0 com.wssyncmldm

C:\> adb shell pm list packages | findstr /i soagent
C:\> adb shell pm list packages -d | findstr /i soagent
C:\> adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.sec.android.soagent
C:\> adb shell pm enable --user 0 com.sec.android.soagent

I'm adding the Windows users since the interoperability of Windows and
Android was "required" in order for me to disable system packages which
couldn't otherwise be disabled since my phone is not currently rootable.

For those Windows users, note that I used the Google-supplied stripped-down
adb package, which few people seem to know about, which doesn't require the
whole Android Studio assemblage of executables that most people download.

<https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/platform-tools.html>
You get adb & fastboot without having to install the entire Android SDK.
<https://dl.google.com/android/repository/platform-tools_r33.0.3-windows.zip>

C:\> adb version
Android Debug Bridge version 1.0.41
Version 33.0.3-8952118

Unzipped it contains:
12/08/2022 04:06 PM 5,992,960 adb.exe
12/08/2022 04:06 PM 97,792 AdbWinApi.dll
12/08/2022 04:06 PM 62,976 AdbWinUsbApi.dll
12/08/2022 04:06 PM 241,664 dmtracedump.exe
12/08/2022 04:06 PM 434,176 etc1tool.exe
12/08/2022 04:06 PM 1,775,104 fastboot.exe
12/08/2022 04:06 PM 44,032 hprof-conv.exe
12/08/2022 04:06 PM 231,594 libwinpthread-1.dll
12/08/2022 04:06 PM 150,528 make_f2fs.exe
12/08/2022 04:06 PM 150,528 make_f2fs_casefold.exe
12/08/2022 04:06 PM 1,157 mke2fs.conf
12/08/2022 04:06 PM 749,568 mke2fs.exe
12/08/2022 04:06 PM 1,073,883 NOTICE.txt
12/08/2022 04:06 PM 38 source.properties
12/08/2022 04:06 PM 1,153,536 sqlite3.exe
15 File(s) 12,159,536 bytes

Note that, far less known than even the stripped-down adb is, there
is a little-known "local adb" (aka ladb) which does NOT require a PC.

Since I already have adb working perfectly with Windows over Wi-Fi already
I didn't bother running ladb to execute the adb commands without the PC.

But for others to benefit, as always, here are the links to ladb:
<https://github.com/tytydraco/ladb>
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.draco.ladb>
<https://www.xda-developers.com/debloat-your-phone-run-adb-shell-commands-no-root-no-pc/>
--
Posted out of the goodness of my heart to disseminate useful information
which, in this case, is to supply all the links and commands necessary