Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2022 15:03:42 -0500
Subject: Re: Halting problem proofs refuted on the basis of software
engineering (Simplified so that most anyone here can validate it)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.c++,comp.theory
<XqqdnZWta5oKL0z_nZ2dnUU7_8zNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<20220715194148.00005b14@reddwarf.jmc.corp>
<y6qdnTUA2dGqJ0z_nZ2dnUU7_83NnZ2d@giganews.com>
<d8011969-f074-434b-ade1-dc040c42dcfen@googlegroups.com>
<20220715202328.00006942@reddwarf.jmc.corp>
<50c5706c-1ef1-4dbe-bfd2-ab2291d21934n@googlegroups.com>
<20220715202711.0000351b@reddwarf.jmc.corp>
<07200acb-eef3-4fe0-b7a3-7b21539fe959n@googlegroups.com>
<20220715204141.00006e0a@reddwarf.jmc.corp>
<1a3335cc-f3a8-4e20-a682-16101d7d0a44n@googlegroups.com>
From: NoO...@NoWhere.com (olcott)
 by: olcott - Fri, 15 Jul 2022 20:03 UTC

On 7/15/2022 2:53 PM, Skep Dick wrote:
> On Friday, 15 July 2022 at 21:41:57 UTC+2, Mr Flibble wrote:
>> However H and P are not equivalent: H is a "special" function known to
>> the simulator.
> Which is a configuration entirely not in the spirit of the halting problem.
>
> We know that there are particular solutions to the halting problem.
> We know that more powerful models of computations (Turing machines with Oracles) can solve the halting problem for less powerful models of computation (Turing machines without Oracles).
>
> But the halting problem is explicit about seeking a general solution.
>
> No model of computation can solve the halting problem for computational systems of equal power.

I am not solving the halting problem that would require that I present
an omniscient (all knowing) computer program.

I have correctly refuted the conventional halting problem proofs by
showing how a Turing a computable function would correctly determine the
halt status of the previously "impossible" pathological inputs.

*Halting problem proofs refuted on the basis of software engineering*
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/361701808_Halting_problem_proofs_refuted_on_the_basis_of_software_engineering

--
Copyright 2022 Pete Olcott

Arthur Schopenhauer