From: malassim...@gmail.com (Bill Horne)
Newsgroups: comp.dcom.telecom
Subject: Four Reasons Why Telecoms Providers Must Improve Cybersecurity Measures [telecom]
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2022 15:04:54 +0000
Sender: news@iecc.com
 by: Bill Horne - Fri, 23 Sep 2022 15:04 UTC

by Edwin Bentley

The telecoms industry is not immune to cyber security breaches. It is
more susceptible than ever. A dependence on telecommunications
products and services due to remote working during the pandemic, and
more has produced an increasingly connected world that significantly
relies on these telco service providers. And where there is
dependence, there are threats to disrupt it.

In August 2021, a security breach hit T-Mobile and impacted more than
40 million current, former, and prospective customers. A recently
discovered cyber incident at a critical supplier to Vodafone also had
"scope to impact the entire telecoms industry."

https://tinyurl.com/5d897rrr

Re: Four Reasons Why Telecoms Providers Must Improve Cybersecurity Measures [telecom]

<tgkrdf$2iaqb$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3578&group=comp.dcom.telecom#3578

From: mo0...@posteo.de (Marco Moock)
Newsgroups: comp.dcom.telecom
Date: 23 Sep 2022 19:46:23 +0200
Sender: news@iecc.com
 by: Marco Moock - Fri, 23 Sep 2022 17:46 UTC

Am 23.09.2022 um 15:04:54 Uhr schrieb Bill Horne:

> In August 2021, a security breach hit T-Mobile and impacted more than
> 40 million current, former, and prospective customers. A recently
> discovered cyber incident at a critical supplier to Vodafone also had
> "scope to impact the entire telecoms industry."

In many big companies security problems aren't solved for months, see
the recent things in the news about Twitter.
They don't care until it breaks.