Real computer scientists like having a computer on their desk, else how could they read their mail?

devel / comp.theory / Re: A Possible Way For Me To Make Money

SubjectAuthor
* A Possible Way For Me To Make MoneyB.H.
+* A Possible Way For Me To Make MoneyB.H.
|`* A Possible Way For Me To Make MoneyB.H.
| `- A Possible Way For Me To Make MoneyB.H.
`* A Possible Way For Me To Make MoneyPaul N
 `* A Possible Way For Me To Make MoneyB.H.
  `* A Possible Way For Me To Make MoneyB.H.
   `- A Possible Way For Me To Make MoneyB.H.

1
A Possible Way For Me To Make Money

<bd1ba722-c2d7-44f3-883f-b867bdf90f17n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=35394&group=comp.theory#35394

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2022 16:10:46 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: A Possible Way For Me To Make Money
From: xlt....@gmail.com (B.H.)
 by: B.H. - Tue, 5 Jul 2022 23:10 UTC

Hi everyone,

Here's a possible way for me to make money from a business:

- Have a contest open to US MBA holders.
- The prize is 1% of the firm and the CEO job if they can meet their goals and have the max amount of money made by the firm annually over the course of 20 years.
- The challenge is: Present a set of definitely/on-paper-demonstrably achievable goals based on my IP while maximizing annual profits over the course of 20 years.
- The business would possess all of my IP and be able to sell it, license it to other firms, and, less favorably, product products of its own based on my ideas that could be sold to firms or made available to average consumers.
- I would withhold IP I didn't want the firm to own.
- I would probably sell my Nash equilibrium PTIME algorithm idea to fund the business.
- As I said, the winner would get 1% of ownership of the firm and the job as CEO to execute their vision. I would choose the best "clearly correct plan" as that makes the most money in a reasonable way as the winner. The CEO only receives 1% if the actual goals stated are precisely met by the firm--making as much money as planned or more.
- The plan could be as simple as successfully selling all of the IP.

-Philip White (philipjwhite@yahoo.com)

Re: A Possible Way For Me To Make Money

<916ef261-a8cb-462b-a754-663e1583ffe2n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=35398&group=comp.theory#35398

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2022 16:31:56 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: A Possible Way For Me To Make Money
From: xlt....@gmail.com (B.H.)
 by: B.H. - Tue, 5 Jul 2022 23:31 UTC

On Tuesday, July 5, 2022 at 7:10:47 PM UTC-4, B.H. wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Here's a possible way for me to make money from a business:
>
> - Have a contest open to US MBA holders.
> - The prize is 1% of the firm and the CEO job if they can meet their goals and have the max amount of money made by the firm annually over the course of 20 years.
> - The challenge is: Present a set of definitely/on-paper-demonstrably achievable goals based on my IP while maximizing annual profits over the course of 20 years.
> - The business would possess all of my IP and be able to sell it, license it to other firms, and, less favorably, product products of its own based on my ideas that could be sold to firms or made available to average consumers.
> - I would withhold IP I didn't want the firm to own.
> - I would probably sell my Nash equilibrium PTIME algorithm idea to fund the business.
> - As I said, the winner would get 1% of ownership of the firm and the job as CEO to execute their vision. I would choose the best "clearly correct plan" as that makes the most money in a reasonable way as the winner. The CEO only receives 1% if the actual goals stated are precisely met by the firm--making as much money as planned or more.
> - The plan could be as simple as successfully selling all of the IP.
>
> -Philip White (philip...@yahoo.com)

For those interesting in thinking about this, here's a preliminary list of IP items, with a few items withheld as a protest. I am not making the contest official yet, but I might do so. This might serve as an alternative to me delaying releases of things as a protest; I could scrap some ideas completely and withhold them, and just make as much money as possible from everything else.

restricted assignment problem
flying cars process
disease cures
Nash equilibrium solver (might be sold ahead of time)
non-combustion car engine
perpetual motion/powering idea
cheaper big-screen TVs
smaller cell phones
cheaper computers
fusion
silicon production via fusion
installable/strap-addable launcher-floaters
missing person finder drone
high-magnitude-force-vector-cap system safety device idea
bringing people back to life (algorithm would not be published or publicly known)
image recognition, including face recognition
physical disability aid device
floating cooking/cleaning devices
firefighting and weather and safety household device
indoor/outdoor conditions establishment
emotional monitoring/maintenance + feelings elicitation device
remote blackboard/whiteboard writing tool
new cryptology and derandomization
linear-time C++ compiler (algorithm would also not be known/published)
collaborative filtering with pebbling
business forecasting with graph theory
cue-reading AI
fast database tech (“fastSQL”)
linear time data-scraping accelerator
individual filtering algorithm
something based on the reconstruction conjecture (??)
graph isomorphism algorithm
CEO decision making assistant
event prediction and simulation software

I haven't completed all "write-up details" of these but I could, including for patents. It wouldn't take that much work.

I have 34 ideas listed above, including the NE one which I might sell ahead of time.

-Philip White (philipjwhite@yahoo.com)

Re: A Possible Way For Me To Make Money

<249e1501-e96f-4a1c-8b4c-4a67913acdean@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=35417&group=comp.theory#35417

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2022 08:55:40 -0700 (PDT)
From: gw7...@aol.com (Paul N)
 by: Paul N - Wed, 6 Jul 2022 15:55 UTC

On Wednesday, July 6, 2022 at 12:10:47 AM UTC+1, B.H. wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Here's a possible way for me to make money from a business:
>
> - Have a contest open to US MBA holders.
> - The prize is 1% of the firm and the CEO job if they can meet their goals and have the max amount of money made by the firm annually over the course of 20 years.
> - The challenge is: Present a set of definitely/on-paper-demonstrably achievable goals based on my IP while maximizing annual profits over the course of 20 years.
> - The business would possess all of my IP and be able to sell it, license it to other firms, and, less favorably, product products of its own based on my ideas that could be sold to firms or made available to average consumers.
> - I would withhold IP I didn't want the firm to own.
> - I would probably sell my Nash equilibrium PTIME algorithm idea to fund the business.
> - As I said, the winner would get 1% of ownership of the firm and the job as CEO to execute their vision. I would choose the best "clearly correct plan" as that makes the most money in a reasonable way as the winner. The CEO only receives 1% if the actual goals stated are precisely met by the firm--making as much money as planned or more.
> - The plan could be as simple as successfully selling all of the IP.

In my experience, there are plenty of people out there who think they have a great idea, which would make loads of money if only someone else would put in the legwork to make it happen. Occasionally they also think that the government should put money into it, as they will benefit eventually by all the extra taxes paid.

However, there seems to be almost no-one out there who is keen to put in the legwork to make someone else's idea a success.

Re: A Possible Way For Me To Make Money

<9dc88ab1-db49-44cd-a4ba-7861dd954399n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=35418&group=comp.theory#35418

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2022 09:00:13 -0700 (PDT)
From: xlt....@gmail.com (B.H.)
 by: B.H. - Wed, 6 Jul 2022 16:00 UTC

On Wednesday, July 6, 2022 at 11:55:42 AM UTC-4, Paul N wrote:
> On Wednesday, July 6, 2022 at 12:10:47 AM UTC+1, B.H. wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > Here's a possible way for me to make money from a business:
> >
> > - Have a contest open to US MBA holders.
> > - The prize is 1% of the firm and the CEO job if they can meet their goals and have the max amount of money made by the firm annually over the course of 20 years.
> > - The challenge is: Present a set of definitely/on-paper-demonstrably achievable goals based on my IP while maximizing annual profits over the course of 20 years.
> > - The business would possess all of my IP and be able to sell it, license it to other firms, and, less favorably, product products of its own based on my ideas that could be sold to firms or made available to average consumers.
> > - I would withhold IP I didn't want the firm to own.
> > - I would probably sell my Nash equilibrium PTIME algorithm idea to fund the business.
> > - As I said, the winner would get 1% of ownership of the firm and the job as CEO to execute their vision. I would choose the best "clearly correct plan" as that makes the most money in a reasonable way as the winner. The CEO only receives 1% if the actual goals stated are precisely met by the firm--making as much money as planned or more.
> > - The plan could be as simple as successfully selling all of the IP.
> In my experience, there are plenty of people out there who think they have a great idea, which would make loads of money if only someone else would put in the legwork to make it happen. Occasionally they also think that the government should put money into it, as they will benefit eventually by all the extra taxes paid.
>
> However, there seems to be almost no-one out there who is keen to put in the legwork to make someone else's idea a success.

You seem to be acting like you do not understand...it is simply a business plan contest.

A lot of these denials and discouragement declarations sound like recorded pro-Chinese propaganda to me.

-Philip White

Re: A Possible Way For Me To Make Money

<089a9460-5fa7-49cb-818f-908fa4ae6248n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=35440&group=comp.theory#35440

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2022 13:53:02 -0700 (PDT)
From: xlt....@gmail.com (B.H.)
 by: B.H. - Wed, 6 Jul 2022 20:53 UTC

On Wednesday, July 6, 2022 at 12:00:16 PM UTC-4, B.H. wrote:
> On Wednesday, July 6, 2022 at 11:55:42 AM UTC-4, Paul N wrote:
> > On Wednesday, July 6, 2022 at 12:10:47 AM UTC+1, B.H. wrote:
> > > Hi everyone,
> > >
> > > Here's a possible way for me to make money from a business:
> > >
> > > - Have a contest open to US MBA holders.
> > > - The prize is 1% of the firm and the CEO job if they can meet their goals and have the max amount of money made by the firm annually over the course of 20 years.
> > > - The challenge is: Present a set of definitely/on-paper-demonstrably achievable goals based on my IP while maximizing annual profits over the course of 20 years.
> > > - The business would possess all of my IP and be able to sell it, license it to other firms, and, less favorably, product products of its own based on my ideas that could be sold to firms or made available to average consumers.
> > > - I would withhold IP I didn't want the firm to own.
> > > - I would probably sell my Nash equilibrium PTIME algorithm idea to fund the business.
> > > - As I said, the winner would get 1% of ownership of the firm and the job as CEO to execute their vision. I would choose the best "clearly correct plan" as that makes the most money in a reasonable way as the winner. The CEO only receives 1% if the actual goals stated are precisely met by the firm--making as much money as planned or more.
> > > - The plan could be as simple as successfully selling all of the IP.
> > In my experience, there are plenty of people out there who think they have a great idea, which would make loads of money if only someone else would put in the legwork to make it happen. Occasionally they also think that the government should put money into it, as they will benefit eventually by all the extra taxes paid.
> >
> > However, there seems to be almost no-one out there who is keen to put in the legwork to make someone else's idea a success.
> You seem to be acting like you do not understand...it is simply a business plan contest.
>
> A lot of these denials and discouragement declarations sound like recorded pro-Chinese propaganda to me.
>
> -Philip White

Also, I just realized, I could offer 1% per individual idea...the person could develop a sales strategy for selling the idea, perhaps patented, and coordinate the sale and take a 1% cut per patent, treating the overall value as everything minus costs. That way I wouldn't have to definitely write up and unload everything all at once.

-Philip White

Re: A Possible Way For Me To Make Money

<44a58926-35ce-4a3b-9642-0d40a9991032n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=35441&group=comp.theory#35441

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2022 13:53:55 -0700 (PDT)
From: xlt....@gmail.com (B.H.)
 by: B.H. - Wed, 6 Jul 2022 20:53 UTC

On Wednesday, July 6, 2022 at 4:53:04 PM UTC-4, B.H. wrote:
> On Wednesday, July 6, 2022 at 12:00:16 PM UTC-4, B.H. wrote:

> > > In my experience, there are plenty of people out there who think they have a great idea, which would make loads of money if only someone else would put in the legwork to make it happen. Occasionally they also think that the government should put money into it, as they will benefit eventually by all the extra taxes paid.
> > >
> > > However, there seems to be almost no-one out there who is keen to put in the legwork to make someone else's idea a success.
> > You seem to be acting like you do not understand...it is simply a business plan contest.
> >
> > A lot of these denials and discouragement declarations sound like recorded pro-Chinese propaganda to me.
> >
> > -Philip White
> Also, I just realized, I could offer 1% per individual idea...the person could develop a sales strategy for selling the idea, perhaps patented, and coordinate the sale and take a 1% cut per patent, treating the overall value as everything minus costs. That way I wouldn't have to definitely write up and unload everything all at once.
>
> -Philip White

(I meant one percent over all selected patents.)

Re: A Possible Way For Me To Make Money

<eaf695ed-7acc-41f0-8fe9-22c34feea31fn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=35843&group=comp.theory#35843

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2022 16:30:14 -0700 (PDT)
From: xlt....@gmail.com (B.H.)
 by: B.H. - Mon, 18 Jul 2022 23:30 UTC

On Tuesday, July 5, 2022 at 7:31:58 PM UTC-4, B.H. wrote:
> [...]
> indoor/outdoor conditions establishment
> emotional monitoring/maintenance + feelings elicitation device
> remote blackboard/whiteboard writing tool
> new cryptology and derandomization
> linear-time C++ compiler (algorithm would also not be known/published)
> collaborative filtering with pebbling
> business forecasting with graph theory
> cue-reading AI
> fast database tech (“fastSQL”)
> linear time data-scraping accelerator
> individual filtering algorithm
> something based on the reconstruction conjecture (??)
> graph isomorphism algorithm
> CEO decision making assistant
> event prediction and simulation software
>
> I haven't completed all "write-up details" of these but I could, including for patents. It wouldn't take that much work.
>
> I have 34 ideas listed above, including the NE one which I might sell ahead of time.

Update on my plans:

To win my freedom, I had to infuriate lots of firms...my compression algorithm likely infuriated: Apple, Microsoft, Facebook, and Amazon. Maybe Google doesn't mind.

The point is, I may be unlikely to be able to sell any of my other great CS/EE ideas, due to obstruction by angry firms that have lost money because they wouldn't hire me so I had no choice but to share IP that would damage them because I don't want to die and they didn't see my talent.

So, here is a possible plan instead:

- Publish: BSD, P = NP (non-constructive argument version), Navier-Stokes, Riemann Hypothesis, Hodge Conjecture, Yang-Mills.
- Work as a computer programmer somewhere--hopefully LA--for two years to make ends meet.
- Quit and receive $6 million, and then begin designing disease cures for money.
- Sell cures for various diseases--I'm not so mean that I would give the whole world the death penalty over what happened to me--and make millions/billions from that.
- Write fiction/non-fiction, play chess, exercise, and socialize in my free time.

-Philip White (philipjwhite@yahoo.com)

Re: A Possible Way For Me To Make Money

<4878caab-27fb-4e4d-912e-ddf262b3e064n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=35844&group=comp.theory#35844

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2022 16:46:29 -0700 (PDT)
From: xlt....@gmail.com (B.H.)
 by: B.H. - Mon, 18 Jul 2022 23:46 UTC

On Monday, July 18, 2022 at 7:30:16 PM UTC-4, B.H. wrote:
> [...]
>
> The point is, I may be unlikely to be able to sell any of my other great CS/EE ideas, due to obstruction by angry firms that have lost money because they wouldn't hire me so I had no choice but to share IP that would damage them because I don't want to die and they didn't see my talent.
>
> So, here is a possible plan instead:
>
> - Publish: BSD, P = NP (non-constructive argument version), Navier-Stokes, Riemann Hypothesis, Hodge Conjecture, Yang-Mills.
> - Work as a computer programmer somewhere--hopefully LA--for two years to make ends meet.
> - Quit and receive $6 million, and then begin designing disease cures for money.
> - Sell cures for various diseases--I'm not so mean that I would give the whole world the death penalty over what happened to me--and make millions/billions from that.
> - Write fiction/non-fiction, play chess, exercise, and socialize in my free time.

Maybe I could sell an appliance based on my fusion capabilities and sell it to a firm. I don't know if firms like General Electric irrationally hate me or not.

It kind of seems like, if I picked a US firm name at random, the probability that the given firm secretly hates me for no good reason and has been trying to have me killed is unfortunately > 50%.

-Philip White (philipjwhite@yahoo.com)