From: crobe...@gmail.com (Charlie Roberts)
Newsgroups: comp.graphics.apps.gimp
Subject: Error messages after installing GIMP 2.10.32
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2022 16:23:19 -0400
 by: Charlie Roberts - Sun, 18 Sep 2022 20:23 UTC

I have had GIMP 2.10.14 running very well for the past 3 years.
No issues at all.

Yesterday I read that the Alpha to Logo filters were back and that
I should install the "latest" GIMP version. I went to the site and
got 2.10.32. I installed it and when I started it up I got the
following error messages:

The procedure entry point g_dir_open could not be located in the
dynamic link library c:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Programs\GIMP
2\bin\libgegl-0.4-0.dll

The procedure entry point g_dir_open could not be located in the
dynamic link library c:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Programs\GIMP
2\bin\libgimp-2.0-0.dll

The procedure entry point g_dir_open could not be located in the
dynamic link library c:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Programs\GIMP
2\bin\libobject-2.0-0.dll

The procedure entry point g_dir_open could not be located in the
dynamic link library c:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Programs\GIMP
2\bin\libgio-2.0-0.dll

After clicking the 'OK' button, GIMP does fire up and seems to
work, but I am not sure what the above messages are doing.
Any help will be useful.

It was a bad move on my part for other reasons. The tools
came in grouped and I had to ungroup them. But, now, they
are all in positions different from where they were in ver 14.
It is a real pain to go looking for them .... any help on how
to rearrage them would be most appreicated.

thanks

Re: Error messages after installing GIMP 2.10.32

<457gihdd9dhl1mfcote1qligqat8c2o6v2@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=34&group=comp.graphics.apps.gimp#34

From: not.in....@invalid.xor (lisa)
Newsgroups: comp.graphics.apps.gimp
Subject: Re: Error messages after installing GIMP 2.10.32
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2022 09:54:52 +0200
 by: lisa - Mon, 19 Sep 2022 07:54 UTC

On Sun, 18 Sep 2022 16:23:19 -0400, Charlie Roberts
<croberts@gmail.com> wrote:

>Yesterday I read that the Alpha to Logo filters were back and that
>I should install the "latest" GIMP version. I went to the site and
>got 2.10.32. I installed it and when I started it up I got the
>following error messages:

>After clicking the 'OK' button, GIMP does fire up and seems to
>work, but I am not sure what the above messages are doing.
>Any help will be useful.

I had the same problem with a lot of .dll files, but I can't remember
the solution.
Maybe you need to insatll the latest version of gmic, but you don't
have gmic error messages ( as I had ).

Have a look at : https://www.dll-files.com/libgimp-2.0-0.dll.html
You can search on that site for your other .dll problems

>It was a bad move on my part for other reasons. The tools
>came in grouped and I had to ungroup them. But, now, they
>are all in positions different from where they were in ver 14.
>It is a real pain to go looking for them .... any help on how
>to rearrage them would be most appreicated.

that's a new feature :-)
Go to edit-preference-toolbox.
In the middle is an option if you want to use toolgroups and below you
can arrange them how you prefer them.
--

Even miracles take a little time

Re: Error messages after installing GIMP 2.10.32

<hv9hihlvl9aoshlf1vrabf6md6cc1hgfm1@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=35&group=comp.graphics.apps.gimp#35

From: crobe...@gmail.com (Charlie Roberts)
Newsgroups: comp.graphics.apps.gimp
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2022 13:37:30 -0400
 by: Charlie Roberts - Mon, 19 Sep 2022 17:37 UTC

On Mon, 19 Sep 2022 09:54:52 +0200, lisa <not.in.use@invalid.xor>
wrote:

>On Sun, 18 Sep 2022 16:23:19 -0400, Charlie Roberts
><croberts@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>I had the same problem with a lot of .dll files, but I can't remember
>the solution.
>Maybe you need to insatll the latest version of gmic, but you don't
>have gmic error messages ( as I had ).
>
>Have a look at : https://www.dll-files.com/libgimp-2.0-0.dll.html
>You can search on that site for your other .dll problems

Lisa, You are always an incredible help! Thanks again for your
reply.

I uninstalled GIMP, removed whatever residual files I could find
and then did a "fresh" install of ver 32. The library error messages
disappeard. But, I got gmic error messages. Following your advice
I installed the latest GMIC version, and, lo and behold ..... no
more error messages.

>>It was a bad move on my part for other reasons. The tools
>>came in grouped and I had to ungroup them. But, now, they
>>are all in positions different from where they were in ver 14.
>>It is a real pain to go looking for them .... any help on how
>>to rearrage them would be most appreicated.
>
>that's a new feature :-)
>Go to edit-preference-toolbox.
>In the middle is an option if you want to use toolgroups and below you
>can arrange them how you prefer them.

I figured out the ungrouping, but overlooked the arrangement part!
Again, many thanks for all your help over the years.

Re: Error messages after installing GIMP 2.10.32

<3uviihhphgbbu596u10fapa685m1ubge7l@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=36&group=comp.graphics.apps.gimp#36

From: not.in....@invalid.xor (lisa)
Newsgroups: comp.graphics.apps.gimp
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2022 11:29:41 +0200
 by: lisa - Tue, 20 Sep 2022 09:29 UTC

On Mon, 19 Sep 2022 13:37:30 -0400, Charlie Roberts
<croberts@gmail.com> wrote:

>I uninstalled GIMP, removed whatever residual files I could find
>and then did a "fresh" install of ver 32. The library error messages
>disappeard. But, I got gmic error messages. Following your advice
>I installed the latest GMIC version, and, lo and behold ..... no
>more error messages.

you did all the hard work. I only gave some hints and you translated
them in a working solution.
That you also got a solution for a problem ( gmic ) we didn't know you
could get, is a nice bonus and one problem less to solve.

---
I'm not good in handling compliments.