Quod licet Iovi non licet bovi. (What Jove may do, is not permitted to a cow.)

computers / alt.online-service.comcast / Re: STOCKS App

SubjectAuthor
* STOCKS AppKen
`* Re: STOCKS AppMarta Stewert
 `* Re: STOCKS AppKenW
  `* Re: STOCKS AppKen
   `* Re: STOCKS AppKenW
    `* Re: STOCKS AppKen
     `* Re: STOCKS Appzvkmpw
      `- Re: STOCKS AppKenW

1
STOCKS App

<tbp298$224bc$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=359&group=alt.online-service.comcast#359

From: Ken...@invalid.com (Ken)
Newsgroups: alt.online-service.comcast
Subject: STOCKS App
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2022 10:46:46 -0500
 by: Ken - Tue, 26 Jul 2022 15:46 UTC

Until recently, there was a TV app in "Daily Life" where one could list
a stock symbol and use the app to see what the current price of that
stock was. It appears that Comcast has modified their APP screen and I
no longer see the STOCKS app or Daily Life listed. It could be they
have moved it or renamed it. If so I cannot find it. Does anyone know
what happened to the app??

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-stock-app-access

Re: STOCKS App

<owZEK.1068084$WVT9.942416@fx11.ams1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=360&group=alt.online-service.comcast#360

Subject: Re: STOCKS App
Newsgroups: alt.online-service.comcast
From: marta.st...@redacted.wef (Marta Stewert)
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2022 18:49:49 -0400
 by: Marta Stewert - Fri, 29 Jul 2022 22:49 UTC

On 7/26/2022 11:46:46 AM, Ken wrote:
> Until recently, there was a TV app in "Daily Life" where one could list a stock symbol and use the app to see what the current price of that stock was.  It appears that Comcast has modified their APP screen and I no longer see the STOCKS app or Daily
> Life listed.  It could be they have moved it or renamed it.  If so I cannot find it.  Does anyone know what happened to the app??
>
> https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-stock-app-access

If you're not averse to insider trading, there is an app that tracks and reports Paul Pelosi's stock trades. Maybe someone here knows the name?

Re: STOCKS App

<8us8ehljn0rjgktueopjn14kica96c9cpm@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=361&group=alt.online-service.comcast#361

From: ken1...@invalid.net (KenW)
Newsgroups: alt.online-service.comcast
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2022 17:58:22 -0600
 by: KenW - Fri, 29 Jul 2022 23:58 UTC

On Fri, 29 Jul 2022 18:49:49 -0400, Marta Stewert
<marta.stewert@redacted.wef> wrote:

>On 7/26/2022 11:46:46 AM, Ken wrote:
>> Until recently, there was a TV app in "Daily Life" where one could list a stock symbol and use the app to see what the current price of that stock was.  It appears that Comcast has modified their APP screen and I no longer see the STOCKS app or Daily
>> Life listed.  It could be they have moved it or renamed it.  If so I cannot find it.  Does anyone know what happened to the app??
>>
>> https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-stock-app-access

I have been using Takestock2 for years >>>>freeware

KenW

Re: STOCKS App

<tc34hc$3rb4r$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=362&group=alt.online-service.comcast#362

From: Ken...@invalid.com (Ken)
Newsgroups: alt.online-service.comcast
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2022 06:26:34 -0500
 by: Ken - Sat, 30 Jul 2022 11:26 UTC

KenW wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Jul 2022 18:49:49 -0400, Marta Stewert
> <marta.stewert@redacted.wef> wrote:
>
>> On 7/26/2022 11:46:46 AM, Ken wrote:
>>> Until recently, there was a TV app in "Daily Life" where one could list a stock symbol and use the app to see what the current price of that stock was.  It appears that Comcast has modified their APP screen and I no longer see the STOCKS app or Daily
>>> Life listed.  It could be they have moved it or renamed it.  If so I cannot find it.  Does anyone know what happened to the app??
>>>
>>> https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-stock-app-access
>>
> I have been using Takestock2 for years >>>>freeware
>

> KenW

Is this app accessible via the TV? I can go on my computer and find the
data, but I liked the ability to check a holding on TV.

Re: STOCKS App

<dn8aehplgr6ss4k5o49gj6hmnvm3morsao@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=363&group=alt.online-service.comcast#363

From: ken1...@invalid.net (KenW)
Newsgroups: alt.online-service.comcast
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2022 06:24:36 -0600
 by: KenW - Sat, 30 Jul 2022 12:24 UTC

>Is this app accessible via the TV? I can go on my computer and find the
>data, but I liked the ability to check a holding on TV.

Have no idea

KenW

Re: STOCKS App

<tcqtm1$u1hs$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=377&group=alt.online-service.comcast#377

From: Ken...@invalid.com (Ken)
Newsgroups: alt.online-service.comcast
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2022 06:56:48 -0500
 by: Ken - Mon, 8 Aug 2022 11:56 UTC

KenW wrote:

>> Is this app accessible via the TV? I can go on my computer and find the
>> data, but I liked the ability to check a holding on TV.
>
> Have no idea
>

> KenW

For what it is worth, the app was there again yesterday. Apparently it
was removed and has since been returned.

Re: STOCKS App

<3911117a-eafb-46c2-b7a3-74be3e153f10n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=380&group=alt.online-service.comcast#380

Newsgroups: alt.online-service.comcast
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2022 17:04:10 -0700 (PDT)
From: zvk...@comcast.net (zvkmpw)
 by: zvkmpw - Wed, 10 Aug 2022 00:04 UTC

On Monday, August 8, 2022 at 4:56:51 AM UTC-7, Ken wrote:

> Until recently, there was a TV app in "Daily Life" where one could list
> a stock symbol and use the app to see what the current price of that
> stock was. It appears that Comcast has modified their APP screen and I
> no longer see the STOCKS app or Daily Life listed.
Here’s a method that might fill the need, but it doesn’t use a TV.

Consider Yahoo’s web site: https://finance.yahoo.com/

The site’s “My Portfolio” tab lets you save a list of ticker symbols for stocks, mutual funds, and market averages. You set things up by entering your column of ticker symbols. You can look at the page whenever convenient to see the current values.

You can also click the Yahoo page’s “Export” button.. This downloads a “comma separated value" file, quotes.csv to your computer. This file can be opened by spreadsheet programs, It contains a column of ticker symbols and a column with the corresponding current prices, plus other statistics. I copy the “Symbol” and “Current Price” columns and paste them into my spreadsheet, which has been prepared with columns for “Symbol” and “Number of Shares.” Then I use Excel’s VLOOKUP function to insert the Current Prices in next to Symbols. (By using VLOOKUP to link my prepared columns to the downloaded columns, there’s no need to for the two lists to be in the same order.)

I realize this response is kind-of off-topic, but I’m hoping it’s useful.

Re: STOCKS App

<01b7fhpr4e29t4p6h1r78t2n96vrvui4d5@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=381&group=alt.online-service.comcast#381