From: malQRMas...@gmail.com (Bill Horne)
Newsgroups: comp.dcom.telecom
Subject: 'It???s just flopping around': T-Mobile accused of using flimsy ratchet straps on 5G cell towers [telecom]
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2022 15:37:22 +0000
Sender: news@iecc.com
 by: Bill Horne - Fri, 7 Oct 2022 15:37 UTC

'I mean, this is heavy freaking stuff here, and it's just floating around in the wind'

By Braden Bjella

A user on TikTok has gone viral after alleging that T-Mobile used
ratchet straps and "no other supports" to hold their cabling on a 5G
cellular tower.

In a video with over 595,000 views, user Cam shows the cables in
question. The 3G and 4G coaxial cables are held in place using ratchet
straps, while the new 5G cables appear to not be secured to the tower
at all, barring "the top strain relief," writes Cam.

https://www.dailydot.com/irl/t-mobile-flimsy-straps-5g-towers/

--
(Please remove QRM to send a reply to my private inbox.)

Re: 'It’s just flopping around': T-Mobile accused of using flimsy ratchet straps on 5G cell towers [telecom]

<aD10L.324875$9Yp5.298463@fx12.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3618&group=comp.dcom.telecom#3618

From: michael....@att.net (Michael Trew)
Newsgroups: comp.dcom.telecom
Date: 7 Oct 2022 18:21:00 -0400
Sender: news@iecc.com
 by: Michael Trew - Fri, 7 Oct 2022 22:21 UTC

On 10/7/2022 11:37, Bill Horne wrote:
> 'I mean, this is heavy freaking stuff here, and it's just floating around in the wind'
>
> By Braden Bjella
>
> A user on TikTok has gone viral after alleging that T-Mobile used
> ratchet straps and "no other supports" to hold their cabling on a 5G
> cellular tower.

I wouldn't be surprised if that was temporary to hasten the 5G roll-out.
Hopefully contractors will be rolling back through with permanent
supports. If not, this publicity will probably be a kick in the seat
for them.

Either way, some people might be surprised how strong ratchet straps
are. I once drove to Washington DC from eastern Ohio in a '65 Ford
Galaxie with the frame *held together* in the rear with a heavy-duty
ratchet strap.