Trespassers will be shot. Survivors will be SHOT AGAIN!

computers / comp.mobile.android / What does this number mean? What does this sound mean?

SubjectAuthor
* What does this number mean? What does this sound mean?micky
+* Re: What does this number mean? What does this sound mean?Andy Burns
|`- Re: What does this number mean? What does this sound mean?micky
`* Re: What does this number mean? What does this sound mean?Carlos E.R.
 `- Re: What does this number mean? What does this sound mean?micky

1
What does this number mean? What does this sound mean?

<2h5mrhdrjql5b51pchoemda1pa4unuj3te@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=36186&group=comp.mobile.android#36186

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: What does this number mean? What does this sound mean?
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2023 14:41:11 -0500
 by: micky - Sun, 8 Jan 2023 19:41 UTC

1) Every time I turn on the phone, Xiaomi Android 11, Redmi Note 8 Pro,
using the built-in dialer, there is a number 1 in the upper right corner
of the dialer icon (I forget what that number is called.)

So I tap the icon and it opens the dialer and there is never a new call
for me. Right now it shows an outgoing call by me last Friday and below
that a call TO voicemail the day before, Thursdays.

Now that I opened the dialer, the 1 is gone, but if I reboot the phone,
it's back! No one has called me in the last 60 seconds. Every time I
turn on the phone.

How can I get the phony numbers to stop so I can rely on a number there
to mean I got a call.

2) Also I get sounds, like a little drop of water into water, or maybe
a bubble, and yet there is no notification or any other change anywhere.
What does that mean. I know different phones make different sounds.
FWIW, this is a default sound of some sort.

Re: What does this number mean? What does this sound mean?

<k20kldFltcdU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=36187&group=comp.mobile.android#36187

From: use...@andyburns.uk (Andy Burns)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2023 19:42:33 +0000
 by: Andy Burns - Sun, 8 Jan 2023 19:42 UTC

micky wrote:

> here is a number 1 in the upper right corner
> of the dialer icon

Is it a dual SIM phone?

Re: What does this number mean? What does this sound mean?

<43qr8jxa67.ln2@Telcontar.valinor>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=36194&group=comp.mobile.android#36194

From: robin_li...@es.invalid (Carlos E.R.)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2023 22:44:36 +0100
 by: Carlos E.R. - Sun, 8 Jan 2023 21:44 UTC

On 2023-01-08 20:41, micky wrote:
> 1) Every time I turn on the phone, Xiaomi Android 11, Redmi Note 8 Pro,
> using the built-in dialer, there is a number 1 in the upper right corner
> of the dialer icon (I forget what that number is called.)
>
> So I tap the icon and it opens the dialer and there is never a new call
> for me. Right now it shows an outgoing call by me last Friday and below
> that a call TO voicemail the day before, Thursdays.
>
> Now that I opened the dialer, the 1 is gone, but if I reboot the phone,
> it's back! No one has called me in the last 60 seconds. Every time I
> turn on the phone.
>
> How can I get the phony numbers to stop so I can rely on a number there
> to mean I got a call.

Don't turn it off :-D

Maybe it wants you to listen to that voicemail.

> 2) Also I get sounds, like a little drop of water into water, or maybe
> a bubble, and yet there is no notification or any other change anywhere.
> What does that mean. I know different phones make different sounds.
> FWIW, this is a default sound of some sort.

Some app that sounds for a reason of its own :-)

--
Cheers, Carlos.

Re: What does this number mean? What does this sound mean?

<s27nrh1o5mt5b219svvvlsfrsrm20bqohj@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=36197&group=comp.mobile.android#36197

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2023 23:47:59 -0500
 by: micky - Mon, 9 Jan 2023 04:47 UTC

In comp.mobile.android, on Sun, 8 Jan 2023 19:42:33 +0000, Andy Burns
<usenet@andyburns.uk> wrote:

>micky wrote:
>
>> here is a number 1 in the upper right corner
>> of the dialer icon
>
>Is it a dual SIM phone?

It has a place for two sims, but I only have one.

Re: What does this number mean? What does this sound mean?

<447nrh1597ubqi29elocpea1u9kged0mv9@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=36198&group=comp.mobile.android#36198

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2023 23:51:14 -0500
 by: micky - Mon, 9 Jan 2023 04:51 UTC

In comp.mobile.android, on Sun, 8 Jan 2023 22:44:36 +0100, "Carlos E.R."
<robin_listas@es.invalid> wrote:

>On 2023-01-08 20:41, micky wrote:
>> 1) Every time I turn on the phone, Xiaomi Android 11, Redmi Note 8 Pro,
>> using the built-in dialer, there is a number 1 in the upper right corner
>> of the dialer icon (I forget what that number is called.)
>>
>> So I tap the icon and it opens the dialer and there is never a new call
>> for me. Right now it shows an outgoing call by me last Friday and below
>> that a call TO voicemail the day before, Thursdays.
>>
>> Now that I opened the dialer, the 1 is gone, but if I reboot the phone,
>> it's back! No one has called me in the last 60 seconds. Every time I
>> turn on the phone.
>>
>> How can I get the phony numbers to stop so I can rely on a number there
>> to mean I got a call.
>
>Don't turn it off :-D

That might work. Maybe if there's really a call, the number will be 2
or more. OTOH, maybe if I turn it on and off twice, the number will
be 2 for no good reason. I'll test tomorrow.

>Maybe it wants you to listen to that voicemail.

I did. (Although this is a phone which has tried and failed to install
visual voice mail. It's a bug in some Xiaomi phones. I asked about that
here earlier, but didn't think it was based on who made the phone, but
it was.)

>> 2) Also I get sounds, like a little drop of water into water, or maybe
>> a bubble, and yet there is no notification or any other change anywhere.
>> What does that mean. I know different phones make different sounds.
>> FWIW, this is a default sound of some sort.
>
>Some app that sounds for a reason of its own :-)

I know that was a hard question.