From: scharf.s...@geemail.com (sms)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Mid-Range Phones from HSN
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2023 14:27:00 -0800
 by: sms - Wed, 11 Jan 2023 22:27 UTC

Normally I stay away from HSN, since most of their stuff is no bargain.

But I recently told someone looking for a good price on a mid-range
phone, for light use, that HSN had the A53 5G, with a year of service
(unlimited talk and text, 24GB of data (for the whole year))
<https://www.hsn.com/products/samsung-galaxy-a53-5g-tracfone-unlimited-talk-and-text-/20821040>.
She paid $209.99 (plus tax) after a $50 referral promo and a $10 "new
customer" promo code, see <https://i.imgur.com/uxZnsy6.jpeg>.

Since it's on Verizon, it will be unlocked after 60 days so she can use
it on any carrier later. Tracfone is usually not a good deal for
service-only.

I think that Samsung is trying to clear out the A53 5G inventory prior
to the A54 5G coming out since several places are selling it a
significant discount. Not a flagship by any means, but a decent
mid-range device with a 120 Hz AMOLED screen and a MicroSD card slot.