From: malassim...@gmail.com (Bill Horne)
Newsgroups: comp.dcom.telecom
Subject: Jumping on the direct-to-cell bandwagon [telecom]
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2022 15:50:03 +0000
Sender: news@iecc.com
 by: Bill Horne - Sun, 16 Oct 2022 15:50 UTC

Jumping on the direct-to-cell bandwagon

by Jason Rainbow

Former mobile dead zones could be teeming with life in coming years as
more satellite operators consider jumping in to provide connectivity
directly to standard phones.

The momentum behind this direct-to-cell capability has shifted into a
higher gear following early product launches, big-name announcements,
and the progress startups are making for their dedicated
cell-compatible constellations.

https://spacenews.com/jumping-on-the-direct-to-cell-bandwagon/