"No matter where you go, there you are..." -- Buckaroo Banzai

computers / comp.mobile.android / Listening with two headphones at once?

SubjectAuthor
* Listening with two headphones at once?micky
+- Re: Listening with two headphones at once?Andy Burns
+* Re: Listening with two headphones at once?Carlos E.R.
|+- Re: Listening with two headphones at once?Joerg Lorenz
|`- Re: Listening with two headphones at once?sms
`- Re: Listening with two headphones at once?Carlos E.R.

1
Listening with two headphones at once?

<92kdsh5ar6qkud3kg1e29ka8rjekafe436@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=36461&group=comp.mobile.android#36461

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Listening with two headphones at once?
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2023 12:04:16 -0500
 by: micky - Tue, 17 Jan 2023 17:04 UTC

Listening with two headphones at once? With two bluetooth, or with
bluetooth and wired.

Any tips? Any of you ever manage to do this?

I've googled and followed the instructions and they never seem to fit my
phones, even though I list the brand of phone in the search terms.

I would like to be able to play video and have two people hear the sound
at the same time.. The spearkers are not loud enough, so I want to use
the plug-in earbuds and bluetooth headphones, or two sets of bluetooth.
Either is fine.

I have a Sansng A30, Android 10 and a
Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro, Android 11, MIUI 12.5.7..

I follow the instructions and find that the settings they refer to don't
exist on my phone. In one case it said it took no special effort, just
tap on both bluetooth entries, but when I tap on the second one, the
first one stops, and on the first one again the second one stops.

Similare with wired.

A friend could not go to the funeral of an old friend, but the funeral
home has video (for only 30 or maybe 60, 90 days), and she cannot look
at the graveside videos on his Facebook page. Because she has no
computer and no cellphone (even though I gave her one, she gave it back.
FWIW, she's 83). I'd like to watch and listen along with her,
especially the funeral, start to finish over 80 minutes, which I have
not seen. (The graveside videos, complete with the bluegrass
performance, are only about 4 minutes.) (I met him a couple times, but
he was good friends with my two good friends.)

Re: Listening with two headphones at once?

<k2o9veFb9vgU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=36468&group=comp.mobile.android#36468

From: use...@andyburns.uk (Andy Burns)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Listening with two headphones at once?
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2023 19:07:23 +0000
 by: Andy Burns - Tue, 17 Jan 2023 19:07 UTC

micky wrote:

> Listening with two headphones at once? With two bluetooth, or with
> bluetooth and wired.

two wired using a physical 1xmale->2xfemale splitter would be easy ...

Re: Listening with two headphones at once?

<emaj9jxiac.ln2@Telcontar.valinor>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=36475&group=comp.mobile.android#36475

From: robin_li...@es.invalid (Carlos E.R.)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2023 20:49:02 +0100
 by: Carlos E.R. - Tue, 17 Jan 2023 19:49 UTC

On 2023-01-17 18:04, micky wrote:
> Listening with two headphones at once? With two bluetooth, or with
> bluetooth and wired.

Interestingly, I wondered yesterday if this was possible with Bluetooth.
I don't know.

With hardware (cables) it should be easy: just connect to the phone a
headphone jack spliter, and then connect one headphone on each output.
Of course, the power will be split among the two, so they should be good
"soft" units, not "hard", and better if they have both their own volume
control (to _lower_ the level). Probably better if both are identical.

> Any tips? Any of you ever manage to do this?

Never tried with smartphones. With walkmans, certainly.

You could also do with external BT speakers. They have their own power
and amplifier.

--
Cheers, Carlos.

Re: Listening with two headphones at once?

<tq735p$18220$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=36479&group=comp.mobile.android#36479

From: hugyb...@gmx.ch (Joerg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2023 22:15:37 +0100
 by: Joerg Lorenz - Tue, 17 Jan 2023 21:15 UTC

Am 17.01.23 um 20:49 schrieb Carlos E.R.:
> On 2023-01-17 18:04, micky wrote:
>> Any tips? Any of you ever manage to do this?
>
> Never tried with smartphones. With walkmans, certainly.
>

> You could also do with external BT speakers. They have their own power
> and amplifier.

I agree. For hat kind of task I use my Logitech MEGABOOM 3.

https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffab&q=logitech+megaboom+3&atb=v242-1&ia=web
More comfortable and much better sound.

--
Gutta cavat lapidem (Ovid)

Re: Listening with two headphones at once?

<l8jj9jxkao.ln2@Telcontar.valinor>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=36488&group=comp.mobile.android#36488

From: robin_li...@es.invalid (Carlos E.R.)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2023 23:15:17 +0100
 by: Carlos E.R. - Tue, 17 Jan 2023 22:15 UTC

On 2023-01-17 18:04, micky wrote:
> Listening with two headphones at once? With two bluetooth, or with
> bluetooth and wired.
>
> Any tips? Any of you ever manage to do this?

I googled.

<https://support.google.com/android/answer/12374042?hl=en>

*Set up Multipoint headphones on your devices*

With Multipoint headphones, you can connect to 2 Bluetooth devices at
the same time and select which audio source to play. This way, if you’re
playing media on one device, your headphones can switch to calls on
another connected device.

This is the reverse of what you want.

But this other is what you want:

<https://www.headphonesty.com/2022/09/connect-two-bluetooth-headphones-android/>

*Connect Two Bluetooth Headphones to Android With This Handy Guide*

Our step-by-step guide to enabling *audio sharing* in Android devices.

Then there are dual headphones - but they use their own transmitter:

<https://www.amazon.com/dual-bluetooth-headphones/s?k=dual+bluetooth+headphones>

--
Cheers, Carlos.

Re: Listening with two headphones at once?

<tq7anv$1msr$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=36495&group=comp.mobile.android#36495

From: scharf.s...@geemail.com (sms)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2023 15:24:46 -0800
 by: sms - Tue, 17 Jan 2023 23:24 UTC

On 1/17/2023 11:49 AM, Carlos E.R. wrote:
> On 2023-01-17 18:04, micky wrote:
>> Listening with two headphones at once?  With two bluetooth, or with
>> bluetooth and wired.
>
> Interestingly, I wondered yesterday if this was possible with Bluetooth.
> I don't know.
>
> With hardware (cables) it should be easy: just connect to the phone a
> headphone jack spliter, and then connect one headphone on each output.
> Of course, the power will be split among the two, so they should be good
> "soft" units, not "hard", and better if they have both their own volume
> control (to _lower_ the level). Probably better if both are identical.

On iOS this capability is built in with audio sharing but only for
AirPods and Beat Audio devices.

On Android, Samsung S, Note and Z devices support dual audio sharing
with any Bluetooth audio devices. But for other Android devices you'll
need an external USB-C to dual Bluetooth or 3.5mm to dual Bluetooth adapter.

I added this information to page 106 of the Google Docs document
"Android and iOS features that Users of the Other Operating System Wish
they Had"
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JznrWfGJDA8CYVfjSnPTwfVy8-gAC0kPyaApuJTcUNE/>
as 205a.

✓ 46 iOS & iPhone Features Which [many] Android Users Wish they Had ✓
✓ 206 Android & Android Phone Features Which [many] iOS Users Wish
they Had ✓
<https://tinyurl.com/iOS-Android-Features>

✓ 108 Pages of Extensively Referenced Information with Hundreds of
Citations ✓
✓ 100% Fact Checked ✓