Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2022 14:03:02 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: A possibly mistaken comment about Natalie Portman (??).
From: xlt....@gmail.com (B.H.)
 by: B.H. - Sun, 31 Jul 2022 21:03 UTC

Someone came to be the only person at Deep Run Park I saw other than me in the rain, while I was running 1 mile as my doctor told me to, at around 4 p..m. It was 3:56 p.m. Eventually, when I can talk again, I will stop responding to these things, which may not even be for real. Since the woman didn't know my pace, maybe she meant 3:58 p.m.? See Natalie Portman (because she played Evey Hammond in V for Vendetta?).

Since it's around 4, maybe it means, "a dislike." I found this story clip on Yahoo:

https://popculture.com/reality-tv/news/natalie-portman-bear-grylls-filter-water-through-underwear-running-wild/

After Grylls and Portman filled up two flasks with water, Grylls struggled to figure out what to use to filter the water. "We could use a sock, but then again, you kinda need your sock," Grylls said before a lightbulb went off in his head. He decided to use his underpants. "We're gonna filter sludge water through underpants?" Portman, who probably wasn't picturing her career going this way after winning an Oscar, asked.

Is she angry at me because I won't publish the diff eq paper to an academic journal? I might do it if invited by one of the Ph.D.'s, some academic journals invite people to write articles. I was very disappointed by seeing my correctly written logic/CS paper rejected for a bad reason by the JACM, and I don't trust academic math journals. If Natalie Portman is challenging me to a debate, again, she would really ideally confirm this via email. Otherwise, I assert that any "challenge," imaginary or real, to me is invalid. Why do you want me to publish research for you, if that's what you're saying? How far does this "abuse victim Philip White owes the world his personal possessions and intellectual property" thing go? If that is correct, why do people think I owe them math research behavior to aid often crooked and disrespectful academic professors, when I am not even sent an email?

If somebody slapped you and sent you to jail, and then demanded erotic photos of you to make up for it after you were released "because it would save lives," you would be wise to say no. I am withholding my property/ideas until it makes sense, too. We don't live in a Communism; I own my items until someone buys them.

My sense of it is, if Portman was really saying that, she wasn't just kidding or speaking for someone else. Do your own work and stop demanding things from me; unlike the actress-elites, I haven't inappropriately aided human traffickers who have victimized anyone. If someone objects to me having held a DOD clearance, feel free to a) read my Usenet posts clarifying my position after I learned more, and b) email me to discuss it, because I'm still not kidding, I don't talk in innuendo-code, that isn't a binding/precise way to communicate.

I did like the Walrasian equilibrium idea--great to think about that concept again, but that's not what I was asking for.

-Philip White (philipjwhite@yahoo.com)