From: laidl...@hotkey.net.au (Doug Laidlaw)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mageia
Subject: xorg using too much CPU.
Date: Fri, 14 May 2021 22:05:22 +1000
 by: Doug Laidlaw - Fri, 14 May 2021 12:05 UTC

When I start Mageia 8, the CPU load is enough to slow down responses to
keystrokes to 2 or 3 seconds. The journal shows the following, once a
second:

May 14 21:53:03 dougshost.douglaidlaw.net boinc[1975]: No protocol specified

As soon as I suspended BOINC, the CPU dropped to about 1%. This is a
well-known problem with BOINC, and nobody seems to know how to fix it,
but usually, it doesn't load the system so much. I just remembered that
there may be a problem with BOINC being unable to use the GPU, but it
hasn't happened before. Would I do better using Wayland?

Doug.