The goal of science is to build better mousetraps. The goal of nature is to build better mice.

computers / comp.mobile.android / Re: Copying files -- Win10 laptop to Android cellphone

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Copying files -- Win10 laptop to Android cellphoneAndy Burnelli
`* Re: Copying files -- Win10 laptop to Android cellphoneCarlos E.R.
 +- Re: Copying files -- Win10 laptop to Android cellphoneAndy Burnelli
 +* Re: Copying files -- Win10 laptop to Android cellphoneNewyana2
 |+- Re: Copying files -- Win10 laptop to Android cellphoneAndy Burnelli
 |+- Re: Copying files -- Win10 laptop to Android cellphoneJoerg Lorenz
 |`* Re: Copying files -- Win10 laptop to Android cellphoneCarlos E.R.
 | `* Re: Copying files -- Win10 laptop to Android cellphoneKen Blake
 |  `* Re: Copying files -- Win10 laptop to Android cellphoneCarlos E.R.
 |   +- Re: Copying files -- Win10 laptop to Android cellphoneAndy Burnelli
 |   +* Re: Copying files -- Win10 laptop to Android cellphoneChar Jackson
 |   |`* Re: Copying files -- Win10 laptop to Android cellphoneCarlos E.R.
 |   | `* Re: Copying files -- Win10 laptop to Android cellphoneNewyana2
 |   |  `- Re: Copying files -- Win10 laptop to Android cellphoneJoerg Lorenz
 |   `* Re: Copying files -- Win10 laptop to Android cellphoneKen Blake
 |    +- Re: Copying files -- Win10 laptop to Android cellphoneJoerg Lorenz
 |    `* Re: Copying files -- Win10 laptop to Android cellphoneTim Slattery
 |     `* Re: Copying files -- Win10 laptop to Android cellphoneKen Blake
 |      +* Re: Copying files -- Win10 laptop to Android cellphoneCarlos E.R.
 |      |+* Re: Copying files -- Win10 laptop to Android cellphonePaul
 |      ||`- Re: Copying files -- Win10 laptop to Android cellphonenospam
 |      |`* Re: Copying files -- Win10 laptop to Android cellphonesms
 |      | `* Re: Copying files -- Win10 laptop to Android cellphoneCarlos E.R.
 |      |  `* Re: Copying files -- Win10 laptop to Android cellphonePaul
 |      |   `* Re: Copying files -- Win10 laptop to Android cellphoneCarlos E.R.
 |      |    `* Re: Copying files -- Win10 laptop to Android cellphonenospam
 |      |     `- Re: Copying files -- Win10 laptop to Android cellphoneCarlos E.R.
 |      `* Re: Copying files -- Win10 laptop to Android cellphoneStan Brown
 |       `- Re: Copying files -- Win10 laptop to Android cellphoneKen Blake
 `- Re: Copying files -- Win10 laptop to Android cellphoneJoerg Lorenz

Pages:12
Re: Copying files -- Win10 laptop to Android cellphone

<tq9qgk$1gan$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=36565&group=comp.mobile.android#36565

Followup: alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.mobile.android
From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Copying files -- Win10 laptop to Android cellphone
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2023 22:06:25 +0000
 by: Andy Burnelli - Wed, 18 Jan 2023 22:06 UTC

Newyana2 wrote:

> I've tried asking this in the Android group. No answers.

That's a lie.
It's so easy to prove you lied, that I wonder why you bothered.

Nothing wrong with asking the question here of course, but don't lie about
it as that's not a good start given you didn't even act on the help you did
get almost immediately after you had asked the question on the Android ng.

*Moving files*
<https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android/c/MFjtFd_f430>

Did you even _look_ for the answers you _did_ get on the Android newsgroup?

Here are just some of the illustrative screenshots that were supplied:
Here are some screenshots but ALL of this is in the Android archives.
<https://i.postimg.cc/sxzR0Pg8/webdav01.jpg> WebDav has no sd permission
<https://i.postimg.cc/X7FS61HD/webdav02.jpg> X-plore has no permission
<https://i.postimg.cc/BvmRBrbt/webdav03.jpg> File Manager has permission
<https://i.postimg.cc/3xCsd4HX/webdav04.jpg> My Files has permission
<https://i.postimg.cc/Njm6ZXsc/webdav05.jpg> Permissions are the same
<https://i.postimg.cc/BvJdKWzt/webdav06.jpg> Both sdcards mounted
<https://i.postimg.cc/cJLK1wt0/webdav07.jpg> Mount the entire filesystem
<https://i.postimg.cc/qv6HJ7GN/webdav08.jpg> Mount sdcard as drive letter
<https://i.postimg.cc/D0qMxTMB/webdav09.jpg> FOSS general purpose solution
<https://i.postimg.cc/wM4Z45pN/webdav10.jpg> Free Android WebDAV servers
<https://i.postimg.cc/BQyRxCN9/webdav11.jpg> Mount sdcards read & write
<https://i.postimg.cc/yYWwgGmy/webdav12.jpg> As Windows drive letters
<https://i.postimg.cc/QtbR1GY0/webdav13.jpg> Over Wi-Fi on your home LAN
<https://i.postimg.cc/JhjpnRgh/webdav14.jpg> Mirroring Android on Windows
<https://i.postimg.cc/gcKXV6F7/webdav16.jpg> A third free WebDAV server
<https://i.postimg.cc/90HqTpw2/nitroshare01.jpg> Open Windows firewall
<https://i.postimg.cc/Z5382rkR/nitroshare02.jpg> Android NitroShare
<https://i.postimg.cc/CMzvhP9r/nitroshare03.jpg> Select file(s)
<https://i.postimg.cc/qBsN34fN/nitroshare04.jpg> Select desktop
<https://i.postimg.cc/s24LWMJn/nitroshare05.jpg> Closed Windows firewall
<https://i.postimg.cc/QNwjsCDM/vysor01.jpg> Vysor Android/iOS PC mirroring
<https://i.postimg.cc/V6TPYG3h/vysor02.jpg> Vysor console operation
<https://i.postimg.cc/v8gc5pHc/vysor03.jpg> Vysor remote sharing
<https://i.postimg.cc/XY3qSqKC/vysor04.jpg> Vysor ADB USB setup switches
<https://i.postimg.cc/d0V03fxQ/vysor05.jpg> Vysor Internet mirroring
<https://i.postimg.cc/ydJYXZKw/vysor06.jpg> Remote mirror over the net
<https://i.postimg.cc/Y2WCvYbF/vysor07.jpg> iOS requires Apple AMDS kluge
<https://i.postimg.cc/yYCYcxbb/vysor08.jpg> Apple Mobile Device Support
<https://i.postimg.cc/2S2zsw8s/vysor09.jpg> Classic Apple Error code 2503
<https://i.postimg.cc/XvPnJY5x/vysor10.jpg> Vysor Windows Virtual Camera
<https://i.postimg.cc/wxL9qHjc/vysor11.jpg> Vysor searches for Android/iOS
<https://i.postimg.cc/sg6r6gTy/vysor12.jpg> Vysor easily finds Android
<https://i.postimg.cc/bv4jPFXB/vysor13.jpg> Vysor Camera virtual webcam
<https://i.postimg.cc/SRhF22xL/vysor14.jpg> Connect over the Internet
<https://i.postimg.cc/c4TyCJyY/vysor15.jpg> Apple Mobile Device Support
<https://i.postimg.cc/Jzdf3dhz/vysor16.jpg> Classic Apple Error Code 2503
<https://i.postimg.cc/ZqB1wF9F/vysor17.jpg> Install Apple AMDS engine
<https://i.postimg.cc/V6X28fWJ/vysor18.jpg> Apple Mobile Device Support
<https://i.postimg.cc/yxP5DL5B/vysor19.jpg> Classic Apple error 2503
<https://i.postimg.cc/J7cSYhhg/vysor20.jpg> Classic Apple error 2502
<https://i.postimg.cc/QdVPMkqG/vysor21.jpg> Apple iPad on Win10 over USB
<https://i.postimg.cc/Kz7pW9mL/vysor22.jpg> Apple Win10 iOS drivers suck
<https://i.postimg.cc/tCvS8nGr/vysor23.jpg> iPad is connected to Win10
<https://i.postimg.cc/3wmtyL46/vysor24.jpg> Apple Device working properly
<https://i.postimg.cc/fTy57WSY/vysor25.jpg> Best iOS drivers installed
<https://i.postimg.cc/hP6R2xqV/vysor26.jpg> iTunes crapware won't install
<https://i.postimg.cc/MGbkZFfY/vysor27.jpg> The bloatware is everywhere
<https://i.postimg.cc/KYbVWDp3/vysor28.jpg> Nuking Apple shitware 1 by 1
<https://i.postimg.cc/XqrD5Hqm/vysor29.jpg> Removing Apple iTunes crap
<https://i.postimg.cc/N0G1TXcZ/scrcpy01.jpg> Mirror Android on any PC
<https://i.postimg.cc/tTmdgKTB/scrcpy02.jpg> An efficient program setup
<https://i.postimg.cc/Vvrq0K0m/scrcpy03.jpg> The efficient setup explained
<https://i.postimg.cc/wvsbcNBz/scrcpy05.jpg> Drag APK from Windows
<https://i.postimg.cc/Sx1hgWmY/scrcpy06.jpg> Press two hardware buttons
<https://i.postimg.cc/hjkVFyqJ/scrcpy07.jpg> Android mnt as drive letter
<https://i.postimg.cc/nV6K0Cfn/scrcpy08.jpg> CMD test of showwin.bat
<https://i.postimg.cc/66Gn2t2g/scrcpy09.jpg> REG test of showwin.bat
<https://i.postimg.cc/fyWw2nXh/scrcpy10.jpg> The console came up :(
<https://i.postimg.cc/7LWJhWxq/scrcpy11.jpg> Shortcut test of showwin.lnk
<https://i.postimg.cc/yYKNnHxD/scrcpy12.jpg> REG test of showwin.lnk
<https://i.postimg.cc/CxXH6N2r/scrcpy13.jpg> No scrcpy console window!
<https://i.postimg.cc/XqZsmVFM/scrcpy14.jpg> AppPath & shortcut TARGET
<https://i.postimg.cc/g2yNftw0/scrcpy15.jpg> Trick to pin batch shortcut
<https://i.postimg.cc/5NrK7jtg/scrcpy16.jpg> powershell hide-console trick
<https://i.postimg.cc/bvRXdbxg/scrcpy17.jpg> AutoIT & IFFT & Automate
<https://i.postimg.cc/Y93b1z0n/scrcpy18.jpg> Free Automation APKs
<https://i.postimg.cc/3R6nTz7s/scrcpy19.jpg> Start /b TARGET fails :(
<https://i.postimg.cc/Y9jbTtcN/scrcpy20.jpg> Start /b as a CMD works! :)
<https://i.postimg.cc/9FJMKYch/scrcpy21.jpg> Windows Drive: === Android
<https://i.postimg.cc/c4Wq5x9j/scrcpy22.jpg> Vysor IP address option
<https://i.postimg.cc/mrz6gJpC/scrcpy23.jpg> Android SMS/MMS on Windows
<https://i.postimg.cc/Hnw59ZHm/scrcpy24.jpg> Compare Vysor to scrcpy
<https://i.postimg.cc/tgvzsMRm/scrcpy25.jpg> Connect over Wi-Fi sans USB

Re: Copying files -- Win10 laptop to Android cellphone

<sqam9jxhik.ln2@Telcontar.valinor>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=36572&group=comp.mobile.android#36572

From: robin_li...@es.invalid (Carlos E.R.)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.mobile.android
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2023 00:09:48 +0100
 by: Carlos E.R. - Wed, 18 Jan 2023 23:09 UTC

On 2023-01-18 23:06, Andy Burnelli wrote:
> Newyana2 wrote:
>
>> I've tried asking this in the Android group. No answers.
>
> That's a lie.
> It's so easy to prove you lied, that I wonder why you bothered.

I checked. He is saying the truth. He got two non-answers from two chaps.

--
Cheers, Carlos.

Re: Copying files -- Win10 laptop to Android cellphone

<tq9utq$189u$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=36574&group=comp.mobile.android#36574

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.mobile.android
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2023 23:21:43 +0000
 by: Andy Burnelli - Wed, 18 Jan 2023 23:21 UTC

Carlos E.R. wrote:

>> That's a lie.
>> It's so easy to prove you lied, that I wonder why you bothered.
>
> I checked. He is saying the truth. He got two non-answers from two chaps.

Hi Carlos,

Why do you _always_ prove me right?
You can _never_ add any technical value to any thread.

You've _never_ been able to add technical value in your entire life,
Carlos. It's why everyone you know has been calling you stupid.

To wit...

Please post, in its entirety, the two non answers here Carlos.

If you don't, then it proves you're not only stupid, but you're a liar too.

Post them in your next response - both of them (and yes, I see the second
one only because I looked on Google groups and it was from Joerg Lorenz who
has about the same IQ as you do, Carlos).

Post it or admit you lied, Carlos.
Some of us are actually trying to help this OP troll.

But you can't.
You're too stupid.

And you're proving me right Carlos.
You've _never_ been able to answer a technical question in your entire life

Post it.

Re: Copying files -- Win10 laptop to Android cellphone

<tqa454$14ato$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=36578&group=comp.mobile.android#36578

From: Newya...@invalid.nospam (Newyana2)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.mobile.android
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2023 19:50:38 -0500
 by: Newyana2 - Thu, 19 Jan 2023 00:50 UTC

"Carlos E.R." <robin_listas@es.invalid> wrote

| I checked. He is saying the truth. He got two non-answers from two chaps.

Strange. I don't see any answers at all. I checked on AIOE, just
in case. No answers there. Maybe they were people I block. ("Andy
Burnelli" is also someone I block.) I never used to block anyone, but
I got tired of nonsense and rudeness, like this one telling me I'm
a liar.

Re: Copying files -- Win10 laptop to Android cellphone

<tqa7vq$5rn$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=36581&group=comp.mobile.android#36581

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2023 01:56:23 +0000
 by: Andy Burnelli - Thu, 19 Jan 2023 01:56 UTC

Newyana2 wrote:

> Strange. I don't see any answers at all. I checked on AIOE, just
> in case. No answers there. Maybe they were people I block. ("Andy
> Burnelli" is also someone I block.) I never used to block anyone, but
> I got tired of nonsense and rudeness, like this one telling me I'm
> a liar.

Classic Alan Baker...

I knew, from the start, this thread had the hallmark of the iKooks.
*Moving files* by Newyana2
<https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android/c/MFjtFd_f430>
And...
*Copying files -- Win10 laptop to Android cellphone*
<https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android/c/LbhmR25ySTQ>

1. We've established beyond any reasonable doubt this thread is a troll.
2. We've also established this "new" poster is a brazen liar.
3. Based on this troll's history, it's doubtful the troll even has an
Android, as this thread fit the Alan Baker pattern from the get go.

Here's the classic Alan Baker approach... which, by the way, he used
today and yesterday in this thread, so it's easy to show the iKook MO:
*find my car*
<https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android/c/VYqRnd9t6dM>

Notice what transpired on the _android_ newsgroup (not Apple! Android):
A. Someone asked a question
B. Ten people responded, nine of whom posted rather detailed help
C. One though, Alan Baker, merely posted this, as his first "help"
"Sure! It's called an iPhone!
<https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android/c/VYqRnd9t6dM/m/pVVUGbCxDQAJ>
D. Then Alan posted yet again his iPhone propaganda to Android threads:
"Or you get an iPhone... "
<https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android/c/VYqRnd9t6dM/m/BS3p60LnDQAJ>

Notice the iKooks _hate_ that Android isn't crippled like iOS is.
So they post that drivel which is _never_ intended to be helpful.

The same thing happened in this thread, ostensibly about "copying files".

1. Alan Baker creates a new nym & posts a defeatist Android post;
2. In that defeatist message body, he claims nothing works on Android;
3. At the first chance he gets, he brings in that iOS just works;
4. He repeats this propaganda, daily (which is the iKook MO).

Happens all the time.
It's what these iKooks do.

Do you know why?
I do.

The iKooks all suffer from the same abnormal maladies:
a. They're all of low IQ and almost no formal education to speak of
b. As a result, they're incapable of processing facts like most adults
c. They _believe_ everything Apple says - to the point of cult religion

The problem is that the iPhone is basically like Santa Claus.
And the iKooks are basically like fifth grade held-back low-IQ bullies.

Here's how almost all factual conversations go with these iKooks:
iKook: Santa exists. And he's great! Free gifts on Christmas for the world!
Adult: No it doesn't exist. It's impossible for Apple's claim to be true.
iKook: But I saw Santa at the mall Apple Store. You didn't see him! I did!
Adult: That was just a clever marketing trick; it's an Apple marketing gimmick.
iKook: No. You are wrong! It _was_ Santa. I saw him. You are a dumb fuck (JR)
Adult: Unfortunately, I repeat: Santa is just a marketing gimmick son.
iKook: Liar! You are a dumb fuck. You are a dick head. ftfy (nospam hallmark)
Adult: How could it possibly be that Santa can fly through the sky like that?
iKook: He does! Apple has a whitepaper on it. Apple said it was so! It's real!
Adult: That's just clever Apple marketing, son. Sorry Santa doesn't exist.
iKook: You are an idiot and a troll and a dickhead and a liar! Santa is real!
(This discussion goes on forever with all the iKooks joining in...)
iKook: You are an asshole. Liar! Liar... Liar... Pants on fire!

Re: Copying files -- Win10 laptop to Android cellphone

<tqacog$19m7a$1@solani.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=36587&group=comp.mobile.android#36587

From: hugyb...@gmx.ch (Joerg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.mobile.android
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2023 04:17:36 +0100
 by: Joerg Lorenz - Thu, 19 Jan 2023 03:17 UTC

Am 19.01.23 um 00:09 schrieb Carlos E.R.:
> On 2023-01-18 23:06, Andy Burnelli wrote:
>> Newyana2 wrote:
>>
>>> I've tried asking this in the Android group. No answers.
>>
>> That's a lie.
>> It's so easy to prove you lied, that I wonder why you bothered.
>
> I checked. He is saying the truth. He got two non-answers from two chaps.

Guess why.

--
Gutta cavat lapidem (Ovid)

Re: Copying files -- Win10 laptop to Android cellphone

<tqacrb$19m7a$2@solani.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=36588&group=comp.mobile.android#36588

From: hugyb...@gmx.ch (Joerg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.mobile.android
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2023 04:19:07 +0100
 by: Joerg Lorenz - Thu, 19 Jan 2023 03:19 UTC

Am 19.01.23 um 01:50 schrieb Newyana2:
> "Carlos E.R." <robin_listas@es.invalid> wrote
>
> | I checked. He is saying the truth. He got two non-answers from two chaps.
> |

> Strange. I don't see any answers at all. I checked on AIOE, just
> in case. No answers there. Maybe they were people I block. ("Andy
> Burnelli" is also someone I block.) I never used to block anyone, but
> I got tired of nonsense and rudeness, like this one telling me I'm
> a liar.

You are liar and a nymeshifter.

--
Gutta cavat lapidem (Ovid)

Re: Copying files -- Win10 laptop to Android cellphone

<94kn9jx0ur.ln2@Telcontar.valinor>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=36592&group=comp.mobile.android#36592

From: robin_li...@es.invalid (Carlos E.R.)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.mobile.android
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2023 11:54:33 +0100
 by: Carlos E.R. - Thu, 19 Jan 2023 10:54 UTC

On 2023-01-19 01:50, Newyana2 wrote:
> "Carlos E.R." <robin_listas@es.invalid> wrote
>
> | I checked. He is saying the truth. He got two non-answers from two chaps.
> |

> Strange. I don't see any answers at all. I checked on AIOE, just
> in case. No answers there. Maybe they were people I block. ("Andy
> Burnelli" is also someone I block.) I never used to block anyone, but
> I got tired of nonsense and rudeness, like this one telling me I'm
> a liar.

Yes, he is one.

I don't know about Outlook, but in Thunderbird you can disable
temporarily the filters and see what was there.

--
Cheers, Carlos.

Re: Copying files -- Win10 laptop to Android cellphone

<d4kishdrpulfjpel5km59idc0m6pb0gh3i@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=36597&group=comp.mobile.android#36597

From: Ken...@invalid.news.com (Ken Blake)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.mobile.android
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2023 07:16:07 -0700
 by: Ken Blake - Thu, 19 Jan 2023 14:16 UTC

On Thu, 19 Jan 2023 11:54:33 +0100, "Carlos E.R."
<robin_listas@es.invalid> wrote:

>On 2023-01-19 01:50, Newyana2 wrote:
>> "Carlos E.R." <robin_listas@es.invalid> wrote
>>
>> | I checked. He is saying the truth. He got two non-answers from two chaps.
>> |

>> Strange. I don't see any answers at all. I checked on AIOE, just
>> in case. No answers there. Maybe they were people I block. ("Andy
>> Burnelli" is also someone I block.) I never used to block anyone, but
>> I got tired of nonsense and rudeness, like this one telling me I'm
>> a liar.
>
>Yes, he is one.
>
>I don't know about Outlook, but in Thunderbird you can disable
>temporarily the filters and see what was there.

Outlook doesn't do newsgroups.

Re: Copying files -- Win10 laptop to Android cellphone

<tc2o9jxofs.ln2@Telcontar.valinor>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=36598&group=comp.mobile.android#36598

From: robin_li...@es.invalid (Carlos E.R.)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.mobile.android
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2023 15:58:05 +0100
 by: Carlos E.R. - Thu, 19 Jan 2023 14:58 UTC

On 2023-01-19 15:16, Ken Blake wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Jan 2023 11:54:33 +0100, "Carlos E.R."
> <robin_listas@es.invalid> wrote:
>
>> On 2023-01-19 01:50, Newyana2 wrote:
>>> "Carlos E.R." <robin_listas@es.invalid> wrote

>>> Strange. I don't see any answers at all. I checked on AIOE, just
>>> in case. No answers there. Maybe they were people I block. ("Andy
>>> Burnelli" is also someone I block.) I never used to block anyone, but
>>> I got tired of nonsense and rudeness, like this one telling me I'm
>>> a liar.
>>
>> Yes, he is one.
>>
>> I don't know about Outlook, but in Thunderbird you can disable
>> temporarily the filters and see what was there.
>

> Outlook doesn't do newsgroups.

He is using Outlook. Check for yourself:

Cheers, Carlos.

Re: Copying files -- Win10 laptop to Android cellphone

<tqbr0j$1cab$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=36600&group=comp.mobile.android#36600

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.mobile.android
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2023 16:27:11 +0000
 by: Andy Burnelli - Thu, 19 Jan 2023 16:27 UTC

Carlos E.R. wrote:

>> Outlook doesn't do newsgroups.
>
> He is using Outlook. Check for yourself:

There is value for everyone in the second half of this post.
Please skip to the words "Second half" to learn the answer to the question
asked in this thread.

The first half is trying to knock sense into Carlos & Ken Blake.

First half...

What I find interesting, and revealing, and yet disturbing is these two low
IQ uneducated trolls, Carlos and Ken Blake, have had this _same_
conversation seemingly dozens of times on how to simply plonk someone.

These two trolls have _never_ in the entire history of Usenet, ever added a
single iota of technical value to _any_ thread they've _ever_ posted to.

If they did, please point me to that thread they authored which added
technical value because I've seen their drivel for many years running.

My point here is these two trolls call _everyone else_ a troll, which is
fine, but then they endlessly bicker amongst themselves (usually bringing
Frank Slootweg in and a few others who aren't necessarily trolls even as
they don't add any value with this bickering).

All because they can't figure out something as simple as a killfile, which,
let's be clear, is NOT the topic of this thread or any thread they bicker
in.

If both the low IQ uneducated Carlos & Ken Blake stopped sending their
drivel to these newsgroups, the value would go up when they stop posting.

I'm not telling them to stop posting since anyone can filter them out, but
I am asking them to move their endless bickering about how to do something
as simple as a plonk to a thread of that specific topic.

And then they can _link_ to that thread whenever these two uneducated low
IQ trolls, Carlos and Ken Blake want to renew their endless bickering on
how to filter out any given poster.

Second half...

Back to adding value to the topic at hand, for the Windows and Android
users who do care to copy files between Android & Windows, I've done
_every_ single free approach ever suggested in this newsgroup and I've
written all that up many times.

You can _find_ those tutorials on the Android and Linux newsgroups but it's
much harder to find on the Windows newsgroups that are frequented.

Often I will post a summary tutorial to the WinXP newsgroup _because_ it is
archived in the deja Google "google groups" archives, and often I add the
one canonical Windows operating system newsgroup that is also archived.

Hence, if you do want to know how to copy files between Android and
Windows, seamlessly, and simultaneously with Linux perhaps, then use those
keywords ("seamless" "cross-platform" "tutorial" "copy files", etc.) in
your search of these autoarchives maintained by Google (previously
dejanews).

I _created_ these tinyurls before I complained to Google about their URLs:
<http://tinyurl.com/comp-mobile-android>
<http://tinyurl.com/alt-os-linux>
After my discussion with Google, they _changed_ their long Google Groups
URLs to what I had suggested, which was exactly like the tinyurls I created
<http://groups.google.com/g/{name of Usenet group verbatim}

So, for example, to search the deja Google archives for Android, use this:
<http://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android>

To search the deja Google archives for the Windows newsgroup, use this:
<http://groups.google.com/g/alt.comp.microsoft.windows>

In summary, if you have an honest question of how to seamlessly copy
between Android and Windows, please ask and I and paul and others will help
you since we've done _all_ the approaches and we aren't stymied by the fact
that the OP feels the need to cut a hole in the back of the phone so as to
get access to the sd card (which is a hallmark of these iKooks' posts).
--
Posted out of the goodness of my heart to disseminate useful information
which, in this case, is to ask the morons to bicker about filtering

Re: Copying files -- Win10 laptop to Android cellphone

<1ctishdgbi1vt737dps1if2jhsl261df0v@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=36601&group=comp.mobile.android#36601

From: non...@none.invalid (Char Jackson)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.mobile.android
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2023 10:54:31 -0600
 by: Char Jackson - Thu, 19 Jan 2023 16:54 UTC

On Thu, 19 Jan 2023 15:58:05 +0100, "Carlos E.R."
<robin_listas@es.invalid> wrote:

>On 2023-01-19 15:16, Ken Blake wrote:
>> On Thu, 19 Jan 2023 11:54:33 +0100, "Carlos E.R."
>> <robin_listas@es.invalid> wrote:

>>> Yes, he is one.
>>>
>>> I don't know about Outlook, but in Thunderbird you can disable
>>> temporarily the filters and see what was there.
>>

>> Outlook doesn't do newsgroups.
>
>He is using Outlook. Check for yourself:

The Microsoft naming committee claims another victim.

Outlook and Outlook Express are two different applications.

Re: Copying files -- Win10 laptop to Android cellphone

<ms9o9jxc21.ln2@Telcontar.valinor>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=36603&group=comp.mobile.android#36603

From: robin_li...@es.invalid (Carlos E.R.)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.mobile.android
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2023 18:05:58 +0100
 by: Carlos E.R. - Thu, 19 Jan 2023 17:05 UTC

On 2023-01-19 17:54, Char Jackson wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Jan 2023 15:58:05 +0100, "Carlos E.R."
> <robin_listas@es.invalid> wrote:
>
>> On 2023-01-19 15:16, Ken Blake wrote:

>>> Outlook doesn't do newsgroups.
>>
>> He is using Outlook. Check for yourself:

> The Microsoft naming committee claims another victim.
>
> Outlook and Outlook Express are two different applications.

:-DDD

--
Cheers, Carlos.

Re: Copying files -- Win10 laptop to Android cellphone

<tqbvjf$1l3ap$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=36605&group=comp.mobile.android#36605

From: Newya...@invalid.nospam (Newyana2)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.mobile.android
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2023 12:45:09 -0500
 by: Newyana2 - Thu, 19 Jan 2023 17:45 UTC

"Carlos E.R." <robin_listas@es.invalid> wrote

| > The Microsoft naming committee claims another victim.
| >
| > Outlook and Outlook Express are two different applications.
| | :-DDD

I use TBird now for email, but OE is easy for usenet.
It's simple but also has filters. I don't like to enable
HTML, anyway, so all I need is a text rendering window.
I find all the color syntax highlighting more confusing
than helpful.

OE came with Windows from 98 through XP. It's a
surprisingly functional program for email and newsgroups.
Very lightweight. No limit on accounts. But it doesn't
handle encryption. Outlook is something I've never used.
I think it's more email and calendaring. For office people
who might otherwise carry an appt book.

Re: Copying files -- Win10 laptop to Android cellphone

<4k1jshhe40a1v27hcorchcnhq8bqo3d778@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=36610&group=comp.mobile.android#36610

From: Ken...@invalid.news.com (Ken Blake)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.mobile.android
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2023 11:33:46 -0700
 by: Ken Blake - Thu, 19 Jan 2023 18:33 UTC

On Thu, 19 Jan 2023 15:58:05 +0100, "Carlos E.R."
<robin_listas@es.invalid> wrote:

>On 2023-01-19 15:16, Ken Blake wrote:
>> On Thu, 19 Jan 2023 11:54:33 +0100, "Carlos E.R."
>> <robin_listas@es.invalid> wrote:

>>> Yes, he is one.
>>>
>>> I don't know about Outlook, but in Thunderbird you can disable
>>> temporarily the filters and see what was there.
>>

>> Outlook doesn't do newsgroups.
>
>He is using Outlook. Check for yourself:

No he's not. Outlook and Outlook Express are two very different
programs.

You're far from the first person to have mixed those two up. As is so
often the case, Microsoft has done a disservice to many people,
confusing them by naming two different things so similarly.

Re: Copying files -- Win10 laptop to Android cellphone

<tqcdsd$1ao9c$1@solani.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=36626&group=comp.mobile.android#36626

From: hugyb...@gmx.ch (Joerg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.mobile.android
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2023 22:49:01 +0100
 by: Joerg Lorenz - Thu, 19 Jan 2023 21:49 UTC

Am 19.01.23 um 18:45 schrieb Newyana2:
> "Carlos E.R." <robin_listas@es.invalid> wrote

> | > The Microsoft naming committee claims another victim.
> | >
> | > Outlook and Outlook Express are two different applications.
> |
> | :-DDD
>
> I use TBird now for email, but OE is easy for usenet.
> It's simple but also has filters. I don't like to enable
> HTML, anyway, so all I need is a text rendering window.
> I find all the color syntax highlighting more confusing
> than helpful.
>
> OE came with Windows from 98 through XP. It's a
> surprisingly functional program for email and newsgroups.

Thanks to its noncompliance with standards this Outlook Excess is
completely disfunctional.

It would be much more acceptable to use TB for mail and usenet.

--
Gutta cavat lapidem (Ovid)

Re: Copying files -- Win10 laptop to Android cellphone

<tqcdus$1ao9c$2@solani.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=36628&group=comp.mobile.android#36628

From: hugyb...@gmx.ch (Joerg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.mobile.android
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2023 22:50:20 +0100
 by: Joerg Lorenz - Thu, 19 Jan 2023 21:50 UTC

Am 19.01.23 um 19:33 schrieb Ken Blake:
> On Thu, 19 Jan 2023 15:58:05 +0100, "Carlos E.R."
> <robin_listas@es.invalid> wrote:
>> He is using Outlook. Check for yourself:
>

> No he's not. Outlook and Outlook Express are two very different
> programs.
>
> You're far from the first person to have mixed those two up. As is so
> often the case, Microsoft has done a disservice to many people,
> confusing them by naming two different things so similarly.

Outlook Excess is out of service and support for over 10 years.

--
Gutta cavat lapidem (Ovid)

Re: Copying files -- Win10 laptop to Android cellphone

<teelshpm8egdve4s9ch9vc12d1hcvignjt@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=36704&group=comp.mobile.android#36704

From: tim...@risingdove.com (Tim Slattery)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.mobile.android
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2023 10:59:40 -0500
 by: Tim Slattery - Fri, 20 Jan 2023 15:59 UTC

Ken Blake <Ken@invalid.news.com> wrote:

>No he's not. Outlook and Outlook Express are two very different
>programs.
>
>You're far from the first person to have mixed those two up. As is so
>often the case, Microsoft has done a disservice to many people,
>confusing them by naming two different things so similarly.

Yes, but it's not restricted to Microsoft. Netscape long ago renamed
their browser's scripting language "JavaScript" to capitalize on the
buzz around Sun Microsystem's Java language. The two are totally
different, but people have been confusing them ever since.

--
Tim Slattery
tim <at> risingdove <dot> com

Re: Copying files -- Win10 laptop to Android cellphone

<3fjlsh9g4ddm9lkfhjfe4r9vtb820amvga@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=36714&group=comp.mobile.android#36714

From: Ken...@invalid.news.com (Ken Blake)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.mobile.android
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2023 10:24:18 -0700
 by: Ken Blake - Fri, 20 Jan 2023 17:24 UTC

On Fri, 20 Jan 2023 10:59:40 -0500, Tim Slattery <tim@risingdove.com>
wrote:

>Ken Blake <Ken@invalid.news.com> wrote:
>

>>No he's not. Outlook and Outlook Express are two very different
>>programs.
>>
>>You're far from the first person to have mixed those two up. As is so
>>often the case, Microsoft has done a disservice to many people,
>>confusing them by naming two different things so similarly.
>
>Yes, but it's not restricted to Microsoft. Netscape long ago renamed
>their browser's scripting language "JavaScript" to capitalize on the
>buzz around Sun Microsystem's Java language. The two are totally
>different, but people have been confusing them ever since.

You're right of course--it's not restricted to Microsoft. However as
far as I'm concerned Microsoft has done it more than any other
company.

Re: Copying files -- Win10 laptop to Android cellphone

<paut9jxpdj.ln2@Telcontar.valinor>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=36832&group=comp.mobile.android#36832

From: robin_li...@es.invalid (Carlos E.R.)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.mobile.android
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2023 21:25:29 +0100
 by: Carlos E.R. - Sat, 21 Jan 2023 20:25 UTC

On 2023-01-20 18:24, Ken Blake wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Jan 2023 10:59:40 -0500, Tim Slattery <tim@risingdove.com> wrote:
>> Ken Blake <Ken@invalid.news.com> wrote:
>>

>>> No he's not. Outlook and Outlook Express are two very different
>>> programs.
>>>
>>> You're far from the first person to have mixed those two up. As is so
>>> often the case, Microsoft has done a disservice to many people,
>>> confusing them by naming two different things so similarly.
>>
>> Yes, but it's not restricted to Microsoft. Netscape long ago renamed
>> their browser's scripting language "JavaScript" to capitalize on the
>> buzz around Sun Microsystem's Java language. The two are totally
>> different, but people have been confusing them ever since.
>

> You're right of course--it's not restricted to Microsoft. However as
> far as I'm concerned Microsoft has done it more than any other
> company.

They all do...

I was tricked once when buying a modem "compatible" with V90. It did not
have V90 in hardware, it needed a driver in the operating system, which
meant it only worked in Windows, and I waas double booting
Linux/Windows. The wording on the box was clever: compatible. This time
I was lucky and a coworker bought it from me, and I bought another one,
an usr robotics that I still have somewhere. The trick was making sure
it was external, via rs232 cable.

Years before they tricked me with another modem that I think did 28800
or 30something, but it only worked with its own "terminal" application,
and not with the Fidonet software I used (it wen down to 9600 or
14something). I don't remember what "compatible with" wording they used.

I hate this. I had forgotten, but these things leave a mark.

--
Cheers, Carlos.

Re: Copying files -- Win10 laptop to Android cellphone

<tqi45k$2r2sb$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=36862&group=comp.mobile.android#36862

From: nos...@needed.invalid (Paul)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.mobile.android
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2023 20:40:02 -0500
 by: Paul - Sun, 22 Jan 2023 01:40 UTC

On 1/21/2023 3:25 PM, Carlos E.R. wrote:
> On 2023-01-20 18:24, Ken Blake wrote:

>>> Yes, but it's not restricted to Microsoft. Netscape long ago renamed
>>> their browser's scripting language "JavaScript" to capitalize on the
>>> buzz around Sun Microsystem's Java language. The two are totally
>>> different, but people have been confusing them ever since.
>>

>> You're right of course--it's not restricted to Microsoft. However as
>> far as I'm concerned Microsoft has done it more than any other
>> company.
>

> They all do...
>
> I was tricked once when buying a modem "compatible" with V90. It did not have V90 in hardware, it needed a driver in the operating system, which meant it only worked in Windows, and I waas double booting Linux/Windows. The wording on the box was clever: compatible. This time I was lucky and a coworker bought it from me, and I bought another one, an usr robotics that I still have somewhere. The trick was making sure it was external, via rs232 cable.
>
> Years before they tricked me with another modem that I think did 28800 or 30something, but it only worked with its own "terminal" application, and not with the Fidonet software I used (it wen down to 9600 or 14something). I don't remember what "compatible with" wording they used.
>
> I hate this. I had forgotten, but these things leave a mark.

A 56K modem, does 53.3K in one direction (because the volume
won't go high enough on a phone line, to make it to 56K),
while in the other direction it is only 33K. It's not
actually "56K" in both directions. But I suppose we should
look at the V.90 and V.92 articles, for the details.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V.92

"V.92 is... a modem standard allowing
near 56 kb/s download and 48 kb/s upload rates.

With V.92, PCM is used for both the upstream and downstream connections;
previously 56K modems only used PCM for downstream data [upstream 33K].
"

The reference to PCM, is the practice of doing digital backhaul,
which allows "perfect signal transmission" to get to the
terminating equipment. This reduces the length of cable running
in analog mode (potential for SNR improvement).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ITU-T_V-series_recommendations

"V.90 is an ITU-T recommendation for a modem, allowing
56 kbit/s digital download and 33.6 kbit/s analog upload.

It replaced two vendor standards (K56flex and X2) and was
designed to allow modems from both prior standards to be
flash upgraded to support it.
"

Other details, include the difference between a "WinModem"
(which is little more than an ADC and a DAC, for a phone line),
versus a modem that has a DSP datapump and processes the
frequency bins, as soon as the analog signal is turned into
digital form.

In many ways, there are similarities between dialup modems
and DSL modems. In that, they both have frequency bins, and
if a particular bin is "disturbed" by a loading coil,
the modem does not use that bin and uses the other bins
instead. On a dialup modem, after a session ends, you
can dump SNR information on the bins and figure out whether
a bin or two are not delivering the goods.

Back in the K56 and X2 era, we had issues such as
"the Spiral of Death", where the modem is willing
to negotiate down the rate used, but refuses to dial
it back up. The modem will keep reducing the datarate,
until the connection state changes to "dropped" and
the modem hangs up :-) And that is the Spiral. This is
why you would keep both a K56 and an X2 modem, and
"use the one that works" :-)

Are the nightmares coming back yet ??? Yes,
they were good times. 5KB/sec good times.

Paul

Re: Copying files -- Win10 laptop to Android cellphone

<210120232130238758%nospam@nospam.invalid>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=36866&group=comp.mobile.android#36866

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.mobile.android
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2023 21:30:23 -0500
References: <tq9nf7$12832$1@dont-email.me> <tq9qgk$1gan$1@gioia.aioe.org> <sqam9jxhik.ln2@Telcontar.valinor> <tqa454$14ato$1@dont-email.me> <94kn9jx0ur.ln2@Telcontar.valinor> <d4kishdrpulfjpel5km59idc0m6pb0gh3i@4ax.com> <tc2o9jxofs.ln2@Telcontar.valinor> <4k1jshhe40a1v27hcorchcnhq8bqo3d778@4ax.com> <teelshpm8egdve4s9ch9vc12d1hcvignjt@4ax.com> <3fjlsh9g4ddm9lkfhjfe4r9vtb820amvga@4ax.com> <paut9jxpdj.ln2@Telcontar.valinor> <tqi45k$2r2sb$1@dont-email.me>
 by: nospam - Sun, 22 Jan 2023 02:30 UTC

In article <tqi45k$2r2sb$1@dont-email.me>, Paul <nospam@needed.invalid>
wrote:

> A 56K modem, does 53.3K in one direction (because the volume
> won't go high enough on a phone line, to make it to 56K),

that was only a limitation for k56flex due to crosstalk.
v.92 could do 56k.

> while in the other direction it is only 33K.

true for v.90, but not for v.92, which replaced v.90 and had a faster
uplink.

> It's not
> actually "56K" in both directions.

nor does it need to be, since nearly everyone uses more downstream
bandwidth than upstream.

> But I suppose we should
> look at the V.90 and V.92 articles, for the details.

yes we should.

> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V.92
>
> "V.92 is... a modem standard allowing
> near 56 kb/s download and 48 kb/s upload rates.

yep.

> Back in the K56 and X2 era, we had issues such as
> "the Spiral of Death", where the modem is willing
> to negotiate down the rate used, but refuses to dial
> it back up.

no we didn't. anyone who experienced that had a misconfigured modem or
other issues.

> The modem will keep reducing the datarate,
> until the connection state changes to "dropped" and
> the modem hangs up :-) And that is the Spiral. This is
> why you would keep both a K56 and an X2 modem, and
> "use the one that works" :-)

those are two incompatible standards and one could not just switch to
the other on a whim.

Re: Copying files -- Win10 laptop to Android cellphone

<tqjknq$1mmv$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=36876&group=comp.mobile.android#36876

From: scharf.s...@geemail.com (sms)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.mobile.android
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2023 07:28:57 -0800
 by: sms - Sun, 22 Jan 2023 15:28 UTC

On 1/21/2023 12:25 PM, Carlos E.R. wrote:

<snip>

> I was tricked once when buying a modem "compatible" with V90. It did not
> have V90 in hardware, it needed a driver in the operating system, which
> meant it only worked in Windows, and I waas double booting
> Linux/Windows.

I remember WinModems aka soft modems. Reduced cost because Windows
performed the DSP functions with the x86 processor. There were also HP
inkjet printers like that, where Windows sent a bit map to the printer
and the printer didn't support PCL or Postscript.

Re: Copying files -- Win10 laptop to Android cellphone

<4ee0ajxk3a.ln2@Telcontar.valinor>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=36886&group=comp.mobile.android#36886

From: robin_li...@es.invalid (Carlos E.R.)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.mobile.android
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2023 20:12:36 +0100
 by: Carlos E.R. - Sun, 22 Jan 2023 19:12 UTC

On 2023-01-22 16:28, sms wrote:
> On 1/21/2023 12:25 PM, Carlos E.R. wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>> I was tricked once when buying a modem "compatible" with V90. It did
>> not have V90 in hardware, it needed a driver in the operating system,
>> which meant it only worked in Windows, and I waas double booting
>> Linux/Windows.
>
> I remember WinModems aka soft modems. Reduced cost because Windows
> performed the DSP functions with the x86 processor. There were also HP
> inkjet printers like that, where Windows sent a bit map to the printer
> and the printer didn't support PCL or Postscript.

Yes, those.

--
Cheers, Carlos.

Re: Copying files -- Win10 laptop to Android cellphone

<tqk3i6$37ve4$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=36889&group=comp.mobile.android#36889

From: nos...@needed.invalid (Paul)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.mobile.android
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2023 14:41:58 -0500
<sqam9jxhik.ln2@Telcontar.valinor> <tqa454$14ato$1@dont-email.me>
<94kn9jx0ur.ln2@Telcontar.valinor>
<d4kishdrpulfjpel5km59idc0m6pb0gh3i@4ax.com>
<tc2o9jxofs.ln2@Telcontar.valinor>
<4k1jshhe40a1v27hcorchcnhq8bqo3d778@4ax.com>
<teelshpm8egdve4s9ch9vc12d1hcvignjt@4ax.com>
<3fjlsh9g4ddm9lkfhjfe4r9vtb820amvga@4ax.com>
<paut9jxpdj.ln2@Telcontar.valinor> <tqjknq$1mmv$1@gioia.aioe.org>
<4ee0ajxk3a.ln2@Telcontar.valinor>
 by: Paul - Sun, 22 Jan 2023 19:41 UTC

On 1/22/2023 2:12 PM, Carlos E.R. wrote:
> On 2023-01-22 16:28, sms wrote:
>> On 1/21/2023 12:25 PM, Carlos E.R. wrote:
>>
>> <snip>
>>
>>> I was tricked once when buying a modem "compatible" with V90. It did not have V90 in hardware, it needed a driver in the operating system, which meant it only worked in Windows, and I waas double booting Linux/Windows.
>>
>> I remember WinModems aka soft modems. Reduced cost because Windows performed the DSP functions with the x86 processor. There were also HP inkjet printers like that, where Windows sent a bit map to the printer and the printer didn't support PCL or Postscript.
>
> Yes, those.

The shocker for me, is I was evaluating two dialup solutions,
hoping to "prove" that the USR datapump modem was "worth the money".
I compared the WinModem DSP code to the USR with its datapump,
and the WinModem managed to get 1% more thruput than the USR.
I even repeated the test (back and forth), just to be sure
it wasn't an anomaly and it was repeatable.

The canon of the time, was that the USR was "always better"
in contests like this.

The hard part of WinModem, was the finding of that magical driver.
It did take me a while to dig that one up.

Paul