From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Copying files -- Win10 laptop to Android cellphone
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2023 02:27:12 +0000
 by: Andy Burnelli - Thu, 19 Jan 2023 02:27 UTC

Newyana2 wrote:

> Thanks, everybody. I don't use cellphones much so I
> don't have experience with any of this. I do have developer
> mode enabled, for reasons I don't remember now.
>
> Kenny: No LAN. I don't want to get into that. I've got all computers
> configured for no networking, for security.
>
> Keith: Android 9. No luck with either system seeing the other via bluetooth.
>
> V: USB debugging didn't help. I also enabled something
> in there about allow sharing files. No luck. (I changed
> the name for personal reasons. Kind of a dumb name,
> but I wanted it to be recognizable to the regulars.)
>
> Paul: Sure enough, there's a microSD slot hidden under
> the back. A lot of good it does there! There's no slot
> for it in the cover. So... If I buy a microSD card and
> a reader to hook up to a PC, I could use the card (FAT32?)
> to load up PDFs and then I'll be able to see them in
> Android? I could then cut a hole in the cover and keep
> tape over it, to make the slot usable.

While I faithfully tried to help this "defeatist" supposed Android user who
posted this outlandish troll thread essentially saying that he's the only
one on the planet who can't get a USB cable to work with Android, I suggest
others responding take note this is most likely yet another Alan Baker
thread.

His entire intent is to be defeatist about the simplest things about
Android (like copying files between Windows & Android, which is trivial).

He's acting like it's a huuuuuuuuuuuuge deal, in this post, for example, to
do something as trivial as inserting a $20 card into the sd slot.

Classic iKook.
a. Claim to have a problem that nobody has
b. Throw defeatist hurdles into _every_ suggestion
c. Then claim that if it was the iPhone, it would all "just work"

Just watch.

He hasn't gotten to the point of his intended pre-planned payload, which is
he will claim that "I'm leaving Android forever" and "going to Apple".

It's classic.
They do this once a month or more.

The intent isn't to waste our valuable time trying to help them, but more
to their goal, their intent is to complain about Android not working for
the simplest things (which everyone knows works just fine), and then, the
payload is _always_ that they're giving up in frustration on Android.

And moving to Apple.
Because Android so very much frustrates them.

Like their claim they have to "cut a hole" in the case to insert the sd
card, which, they're so childishly low IQ, they don't even realize how
ridiculous they sound as they are desperate to sound defeatist on Android.

What they really hate, by the way, is this datapoint compiled just today:
*0% of iPhones have key modern hardware capabilities - while from 66%*
*to 78% of Android phone have that key modern hardware functionality*
<https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android/c/vLB-bIF-P5Q>

Seconds after that was posted, guess who the first person to post?
Yup. Alan Baker.

To the fact that three quarters of all current Androids have the headphone
jack and three quarters have the sdcard slot and two thirds have both,
Alan Baker hated those facts, writing...
"That's not a modern feature, nor is there any "standard"
about what sort of headphone jack a smartphone should have. "
<https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android/c/vLB-bIF-P5Q/m/Xb3P7w_2DQAJ>

What drives these low IQ uneducated iKooks is, as a result of their
inability to process facts like an adult, they _believe_ all Apple
propaganda.

Which is fine - but as a result of being called stupid their whole lives,
they own low self esteem - which Apple products allow them to regain.

But then they lose their self esteem when the truth about Apple comes out.
It's a vicious cycle for them because of the confluence of three traits:
a. Low IQ & no education, and as a result, they can't process facts
b. As a result, they believe everything Apple leads them to believe
c. To the point that they deny all facts that don't fit into their
purely imaginary belief system about their supposed "superiority"
of what is clearly a crippled product line, compared to Android.

And _that_...

_that_...

_That!_ is what the iKooks hate.

The iKooks are like stunted bullies who believe Santa Claus marketing.