From: malQRMas...@gmail.com (Bill Horne)
Newsgroups: comp.dcom.telecom
Subject: Consolidated’s fiber expansion in Vermont gets a $9M boost [telecom]
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2022 01:02:22 +0000
Sender: news@iecc.com
 by: Bill Horne - Mon, 24 Oct 2022 01:02 UTC

By Diana Goovaerts

Consolidated Communications laid out plans to deploy fiber to more
than 19,000 locations across Vermont next year, using a combination of
its own money, federal funds and a state grant from the Vermont
Community Broadband Board. The news comes as the operator hustles to
expand its Fidium Fiber footprint at a rapid clip, aiming to reach a
total of 2 million passings by the end of 2025.

The operator said in a press release it plans to invest $10.8 million
to run fiber to 13,000 locations across Vermont in 2023. This rollout
will be partially funded by federal money it won in 2020’s Rural
Digital Opportunity Fund (RDOF) auction. Consolidated snagged $19
million in the auction to help it cover more than 10,123 locations in
Vermont, with the support set to be distributed over a 10-year period.

https://www.fiercetelecom.com/broadband/consolidateds-fiber-expansion-vermont-gets-9m-boost

--
(Please remove QRM from my email address to write to me directly)