From: no_spam_...@x_i_d.com (Bill Honaker)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.tandem
Subject: Re: IDE for TAL programming.
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2022 14:28:16 -0600
 by: Bill Honaker - Wed, 23 Feb 2022 20:28 UTC

On Wed, 23 Feb 2022 09:34:28 -0800 (PST), "jagadhee...@gmail.com" <jagadheeshwaran.j@gmail.com> wrote:

>Is it possible to configure "Eclipse Atom or Neon" for TAL programming language.
>I expect syntax checkers , navigate through procs and subprocs easily. Thanks in advance.

You can get this support from NSDEE (NonStop Developers Eclipse Edition) from HPE. It has different versions, currently is Version 11.
It comes bundled with appropraite Eclipse versions as well (and can be loaded in parallel with existing Eclipse, although it will use a separate Workspace folder).

Not sure what 'Atom' is, but Neon (4.6) was compatible with/bundled with Version 8, I think, It's very important that you use the bundled version because
the product is closely tied with the CDT plugin version. Updating the plugins will often cause the NSDEE platform to stop working directly.
Instead, you should update your NSDEE version periodicaly, which will provied you updated Eclipse versions.

NSDEE includes remote debugging of Native code on your NonStop, as it works well with Native Inspect.
If you are used to using Eclipse debugger locally (for Java or C, for example), you'll find that remote debugging works exactly the same.

If you also license the Cross Compilers (pTAL, Cobol or C/C++), NSDEE also helps you in allowing the local compiles to work with embedded SQL/MP or SQL/MX
for languages that support them.

Re: IDE for TAL programming.

<096b23df-c13e-4602-bde2-a37b23c9126an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=368&group=comp.sys.tandem#368

Newsgroups: comp.sys.tandem
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2022 03:29:52 -0800 (PST)
From: jagadhee...@gmail.com (jagadhee...@gmail.com)
 by: jagadhee...@gmail.co - Thu, 24 Feb 2022 11:29 UTC

On Thursday, February 24, 2022 at 1:58:19 AM UTC+5:30, Bill Honaker wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Feb 2022 09:34:28 -0800 (PST), "jagadhee...@gmail.com" <jagadhee...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Is it possible to configure "Eclipse Atom or Neon" for TAL programming language.
> >I expect syntax checkers , navigate through procs and subprocs easily. Thanks in advance.
> You can get this support from NSDEE (NonStop Developers Eclipse Edition) from HPE. It has different versions, currently is Version 11.
> It comes bundled with appropraite Eclipse versions as well (and can be loaded in parallel with existing Eclipse, although it will use a separate Workspace folder).
>
> Not sure what 'Atom' is, but Neon (4.6) was compatible with/bundled with Version 8, I think, It's very important that you use the bundled version because
> the product is closely tied with the CDT plugin version. Updating the plugins will often cause the NSDEE platform to stop working directly.
> Instead, you should update your NSDEE version periodicaly, which will provied you updated Eclipse versions.
>
> NSDEE includes remote debugging of Native code on your NonStop, as it works well with Native Inspect.
> If you are used to using Eclipse debugger locally (for Java or C, for example), you'll find that remote debugging works exactly the same.
>
> If you also license the Cross Compilers (pTAL, Cobol or C/C++), NSDEE also helps you in allowing the local compiles to work with embedded SQL/MP or SQL/MX
> for languages that support them.
Hi Bill Honker,
Thanks for your response. Is there any other IDE in the market supports TAL programming.

Re: IDE for TAL programming.

<madf1hp5v808cai5vetj8kokagtmsgp5gk@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=369&group=comp.sys.tandem#369

From: no_spam_...@x_i_d.com (Bill Honaker)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.tandem
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2022 10:42:11 -0600
 by: Bill Honaker - Thu, 24 Feb 2022 16:42 UTC

On Thu, 24 Feb 2022 03:29:52 -0800 (PST), "jagadhee...@gmail.com" <jagadheeshwaran.j@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Thursday, February 24, 2022 at 1:58:19 AM UTC+5:30, Bill Honaker wrote:
>> On Wed, 23 Feb 2022 09:34:28 -0800 (PST), "jagadhee...@gmail.com" <jagadhee...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Is it possible to configure "Eclipse Atom or Neon" for TAL programming language.
>> >I expect syntax checkers , navigate through procs and subprocs easily. Thanks in advance.
>> You can get this support from NSDEE (NonStop Developers Eclipse Edition) from HPE. It has different versions, currently is Version 11.
>> It comes bundled with appropraite Eclipse versions as well (and can be loaded in parallel with existing Eclipse, although it will use a separate Workspace folder).
>>
>> Not sure what 'Atom' is, but Neon (4.6) was compatible with/bundled with Version 8, I think, It's very important that you use the bundled version because
>> the product is closely tied with the CDT plugin version. Updating the plugins will often cause the NSDEE platform to stop working directly.
>> Instead, you should update your NSDEE version periodicaly, which will provied you updated Eclipse versions.
>>
>> NSDEE includes remote debugging of Native code on your NonStop, as it works well with Native Inspect.
>> If you are used to using Eclipse debugger locally (for Java or C, for example), you'll find that remote debugging works exactly the same.
>>
>> If you also license the Cross Compilers (pTAL, Cobol or C/C++), NSDEE also helps you in allowing the local compiles to work with embedded SQL/MP or SQL/MX
>> for languages that support them.
>Hi Bill Honker,
>Thanks for your response. Is there any other IDE in the market supports TAL programming.

None that I'm aware of.

Re: IDE for TAL programming.

<bd02396b-62ca-460b-a193-487026898428n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=377&group=comp.sys.tandem#377

Newsgroups: comp.sys.tandem
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2022 16:24:31 -0800 (PST)
From: jason.gi...@gmail.com (qzilla)
 by: qzilla - Thu, 10 Mar 2022 00:24 UTC

On Friday, February 25, 2022 at 5:42:13 AM UTC+13, Bill Honaker wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Feb 2022 03:29:52 -0800 (PST), "jagadhee...@gmail.com" <jagadhee...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> You can get this support from NSDEE (NonStop Developers Eclipse Edition) from HPE. It has different versions, currently is Version 11.
> >> It comes bundled with appropraite Eclipse versions as well (and can be loaded in parallel with existing Eclipse, although it will use a separate Workspace folder).
> >>
> >> Not sure what 'Atom' is, but Neon (4.6) was compatible with/bundled with Version 8, I think, It's very important that you use the bundled version because
> >> the product is closely tied with the CDT plugin version. Updating the plugins will often cause the NSDEE platform to stop working directly.
> >> Instead, you should update your NSDEE version periodicaly, which will provied you updated Eclipse versions.
> >>
> >> NSDEE includes remote debugging of Native code on your NonStop, as it works well with Native Inspect.
> >> If you are used to using Eclipse debugger locally (for Java or C, for example), you'll find that remote debugging works exactly the same.
> >>
> >> If you also license the Cross Compilers (pTAL, Cobol or C/C++), NSDEE also helps you in allowing the local compiles to work with embedded SQL/MP or SQL/MX
> >> for languages that support them.
> >Hi Bill Honker,
> >Thanks for your response. Is there any other IDE in the market supports TAL programming.
> None that I'm aware of.

If you are OK with an editor more than an IDE there is a VSCode extension for TAL (same extension supports TACL) - Allows syntax highlighting and PROC navigation, auto completion etc. It can be found here: https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=KNovichikhin.tal

Re: IDE for TAL programming.

<t0bgpp$kbm$1@redfloyd.dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=378&group=comp.sys.tandem#378

From: no.spam....@its.invalid (red floyd)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.tandem
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2022 16:29:45 -0800
 by: red floyd - Thu, 10 Mar 2022 00:29 UTC

On 3/9/2022 4:24 PM, qzilla wrote:
> On Friday, February 25, 2022 at 5:42:13 AM UTC+13, Bill Honaker wrote:

>>> Hi Bill Honker,
>>> Thanks for your response. Is there any other IDE in the market supports TAL programming.
>> None that I'm aware of.
>
> If you are OK with an editor more than an IDE there is a VSCode extension for TAL (same extension supports TACL) - Allows syntax highlighting and PROC navigation, auto completion etc. It can be found here: https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=KNovichikhin.tal

There are also extensions to vim for TAL/pTAL.
https://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=1967