I'll say it again for the logic impaired. -- Larry Wall

computers / comp.mobile.android / Can you run a test for the team using the Google Maps offline find-my-car parking lot feature please?

SubjectAuthor
* Can you run a test for the team using the Google Maps offline find-my-car parkinAndy Burnelli
`* Re: Can you run a test for the team using the Google Maps offlineJoerg Lorenz
 `* Re: Can you run a test for the team using the Google Maps offlineCarlos E.R.
  +* Re: Can you run a test for the team using the Google Maps offline find-my-car paAndy Burnelli
  |`- Re: Can you run a test for the team using the Google Maps offlineJoerg Lorenz
  `- Re: Can you run a test for the team using the Google Maps offlineJoerg Lorenz

1
Can you run a test for the team using the Google Maps offline find-my-car parking lot feature please?

<tqcrcr$uvb$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=36645&group=comp.mobile.android#36645

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Can you run a test for the team using the Google Maps offline find-my-car parking lot feature please?
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2023 01:39:51 +0000
 by: Andy Burnelli - Fri, 20 Jan 2023 01:39 UTC

In another post just now, I explained to The Real Bev that the Google Maps
has a parking lot feature which "may" work offline on downloaded maps.

I generlaly test all my recommendations, but I can't test this one for her.
But you can.

Most people have a Google Account set up on their phone. I don't.

I've been testing offline Google Maps since it started, but over time
Google revoked that capability for people like me with no phone account.

So I can't test it for her.
Would you?

This is the thread:
*find my car*
<https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android/c/VYqRnd9t6dM>

This is The Real Bev's question:
<https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android/c/VYqRnd9t6dM/m/AkweoxQ3DgAJ>

This is my reply, which suggested that offline Google Maps might work.
<https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android/c/VYqRnd9t6dM/m/J892IM0LAAAJ>

Would someone kindly test for the team if the find-my-car feature of Google
Maps works without the Internet on a previously saved offline Google map?

Re: Can you run a test for the team using the Google Maps offline find-my-car parking lot feature please?

<tqde2c$1b7dl$1@solani.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=36682&group=comp.mobile.android#36682

From: hugyb...@gmx.ch (Joerg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Can you run a test for the team using the Google Maps offline
find-my-car parking lot feature please?
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2023 07:58:20 +0100
 by: Joerg Lorenz - Fri, 20 Jan 2023 06:58 UTC

Am 20.01.23 um 02:39 schrieb Andy Burnelli:
> In another post just now, I explained to The Real Bev that the Google Maps
> has a parking lot feature which "may" work offline on downloaded maps.
>
> I generlaly test all my recommendations, but I can't test this one for her.
> But you can.
>
> Most people have a Google Account set up on their phone. I don't.
>
> I've been testing offline Google Maps since it started, but over time
> Google revoked that capability for people like me with no phone account.
>
> So I can't test it for her.
> Would you?

For her yes, if she asks. This is none of *your* business.
Here is no such thing like a team of which you would be allowed to be a
member.

--
Gutta cavat lapidem (Ovid)

Re: Can you run a test for the team using the Google Maps offline find-my-car parking lot feature please?

<irdq9jx56e.ln2@Telcontar.valinor>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=36692&group=comp.mobile.android#36692

From: robin_li...@es.invalid (Carlos E.R.)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
find-my-car parking lot feature please?
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2023 13:25:54 +0100
 by: Carlos E.R. - Fri, 20 Jan 2023 12:25 UTC

On 2023-01-20 07:58, Joerg Lorenz wrote:
> Am 20.01.23 um 02:39 schrieb Andy Burnelli:
>> In another post just now, I explained to The Real Bev that the Google Maps
>> has a parking lot feature which "may" work offline on downloaded maps.
>>
>> I generlaly test all my recommendations, but I can't test this one for her.
>> But you can.
>>
>> Most people have a Google Account set up on their phone. I don't.
>>
>> I've been testing offline Google Maps since it started, but over time
>> Google revoked that capability for people like me with no phone account.
>>
>> So I can't test it for her.
>> Would you?
>
> For her yes, if she asks. This is none of *your* business.
> Here is no such thing like a team of which you would be allowed to be a
> member.

Last time I remember, he was insulting a lot of us, so not inclined to help.

--
Cheers, Carlos.

Re: Can you run a test for the team using the Google Maps offline find-my-car parking lot feature please?

<tqf1r9$mgb$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=36757&group=comp.mobile.android#36757

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2023 21:42:13 +0000
 by: Andy Burnelli - Fri, 20 Jan 2023 21:42 UTC

Carlos E.R. wrote:

>> For her yes, if she asks. This is none of *your* business.
>> Here is no such thing like a team of which you would be allowed to be a
>> member.
>>

> Last time I remember, he was insulting a lot of us, so not inclined to help.

Hi Carlos,
I don't see whom you responded to (probably Alan Baker though, or Joerg, or
some other IQ 40 person who doesn't even own an android phone to test).

I do see your posts, but I will make the point that when I saw your name on
this thread, I though - wow - maybe Carlos isn't a piece of worthless shit
after all - since you would have volunteered to help The Real Bev with her
question.

Alas...

You prove me right - unfortunately - once more.

Never, in the entire history of Usenet, have you ever contributed even a
single iota of intentionally helpful value to any thread topic, Carlos.

It's who you are.

It's not just me telling you that, Carlos, as people your entire life have
been calling you a stupid worthless person - because - that's who you are.

Nonetheless, I'm still asking a team member to help The Real Bev out by
simply checking to see if the parking feature works in Google offline maps.

Is that too hard to do to help out a faithful member of the team?

Re: Can you run a test for the team using the Google Maps offline find-my-car parking lot feature please?

<tqglgn$1cqa3$2@solani.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=36789&group=comp.mobile.android#36789

From: hugyb...@gmx.ch (Joerg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
find-my-car parking lot feature please?
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2023 13:23:51 +0100
 by: Joerg Lorenz - Sat, 21 Jan 2023 12:23 UTC

Am 20.01.23 um 13:25 schrieb Carlos E.R.:
> On 2023-01-20 07:58, Joerg Lorenz wrote:
>> For her yes, if she asks. This is none of *your* business.
>> Here is no such thing like a team of which you would be allowed to be a
>> member.
>>

> Last time I remember, he was insulting a lot of us, so not inclined to help.

He is always stammering funny things about cooks. He is a stupid crétin.

--
Gutta cavat lapidem (Ovid)

Re: Can you run a test for the team using the Google Maps offline find-my-car parking lot feature please?

<tqglna$1cqa3$3@solani.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=36790&group=comp.mobile.android#36790

From: hugyb...@gmx.ch (Joerg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
find-my-car parking lot feature please?
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2023 13:27:22 +0100
 by: Joerg Lorenz - Sat, 21 Jan 2023 12:27 UTC

Am 20.01.23 um 22:42 schrieb Andy Burnelli:
> Carlos E.R. wrote:
>
>>> For her yes, if she asks. This is none of *your* business.
>>> Here is no such thing like a team of which you would be allowed to be a
>>> member.
>>>

>> Last time I remember, he was insulting a lot of us, so not inclined to help.
>
> Hi Carlos,
> I don't see whom you responded to (probably Alan Baker though, or Joerg, or
> some other IQ 40 person who doesn't even own an android phone to test).

Like always you know you are lying.
I own Android phones for years and always devices comparable to iPhones.

The only thing you are capable of is stammering funny things about
cooks. You are a stupid crétin and a dirty liar.

--
Gutta cavat lapidem (Ovid)