It's easy to get on the internet and forget you have a life -- Topic on #LinuxGER

computers / comp.mobile.android / Is it possible to delete all xoiicemail at once?

SubjectAuthor
* Is it possible to delete all xoiicemail at once?micky
+- Re: Is it possible to delete all xoiicemail at once?micky
+- Re: Is it possible to delete all xoiicemail at once?Carlos E.R.
`* Re: Is it possible to delete all xoiicemail at once?Joerg Lorenz
 `* Re: Is it possible to delete all xoiicemail at once?micky
  +* Re: Is it possible to delete all xoiicemail at once?Joerg Lorenz
  |`- Re: Is it possible to delete all xoiicemail at once?micky
  `- Re: Is it possible to delete all xoiicemail at once?Carlos E.R.

1
Is it possible to delete all xoiicemail at once?

<c88oshlut7rj2j6dklmr4lnnkdltmudbbb@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=36796&group=comp.mobile.android#36796

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Is it possible to delete all xoiicemail at once?
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2023 12:34:16 -0500
 by: micky - Sat, 21 Jan 2023 17:34 UTC

I'd like to empty all the voicemails from my phone, well, my brother's
phone. All the webpages seem to talk about doing this one at at time,
or at least checking each one, one at a time, and then deleting them .

Is it possible to do this? Should I keep looking? Is it dependant on
what cell-phone provider is used?

My brother's phone is frequently full, and when it's not, soon it is
again. He doens't like this stuff and i'm trying to make it easy for
him.

Re: Is it possible to delete all xoiicemail at once?

<6v9oshp3qv0hjkjhrshroj3r0683rg31gh@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=36804&group=comp.mobile.android#36804

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Is it possible to delete all xoiicemail at once?
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2023 12:59:55 -0500
 by: micky - Sat, 21 Jan 2023 17:59 UTC

In comp.mobile.android, on Sat, 21 Jan 2023 12:34:16 -0500, micky
<NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com> wrote:

>I'd like to empty all the voicemails from my phone, well, my brother's
>phone. All the webpages seem to talk about doing this one at at time,
>or at least checking each one, one at a time, and then deleting them .

But I want to delete all of them at once with only a few steps, not
having to do anything separate for each one.

>Is it possible to do this? Should I keep looking? Is it dependant on
>what cell-phone provider is used?
>

>My brother's phone is frequently full, and when it's not, soon it is
>again. He doens't like this stuff and i'm trying to make it easy for
>him.

Re: Is it possible to delete all xoiicemail at once?

<3brt9jxg6f.ln2@Telcontar.valinor>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=36821&group=comp.mobile.android#36821

From: robin_li...@es.invalid (Carlos E.R.)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2023 20:34:27 +0100
 by: Carlos E.R. - Sat, 21 Jan 2023 19:34 UTC

On 2023-01-21 18:34, micky wrote:
> I'd like to empty all the voicemails from my phone, well, my brother's
> phone. All the webpages seem to talk about doing this one at at time,
> or at least checking each one, one at a time, and then deleting them .
>
> Is it possible to do this? Should I keep looking? Is it dependant on
> what cell-phone provider is used?
>

> My brother's phone is frequently full, and when it's not, soon it is
> again. He doens't like this stuff and i'm trying to make it easy for
> him.

You should try to disable voice mail, then.

--
Cheers, Carlos.

Re: Is it possible to delete all xoiicemail at once?

<tqhj72$1ce6k$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=36835&group=comp.mobile.android#36835

From: hugyb...@gmx.ch (Joerg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2023 21:50:42 +0100
 by: Joerg Lorenz - Sat, 21 Jan 2023 20:50 UTC

Am 21.01.23 um 18:34 schrieb micky:
> My brother's phone is frequently full, and when it's not, soon it is
> again. He doens't like this stuff and i'm trying to make it easy for
> him.

That means he doesn't check the mail box anyway. *Turn ist off* in the
first place and afterwards delete all the messages on the box.

--
Gutta cavat lapidem (Ovid)

Re: Is it possible to delete all xoiicemail at once?

<bo6psh5fcedc07pfmeb59r4lui4rglalv6@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=36865&group=comp.mobile.android#36865

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2023 21:13:35 -0500
 by: micky - Sun, 22 Jan 2023 02:13 UTC

In comp.mobile.android, on Sat, 21 Jan 2023 21:50:42 +0100, Joerg Lorenz
<hugybear@gmx.ch> wrote:

>Am 21.01.23 um 18:34 schrieb micky:
>> My brother's phone is frequently full, and when it's not, soon it is
>> again. He doens't like this stuff and i'm trying to make it easy for
>> him.
>
>That means he doesn't check the mail box anyway.

He does, but the bigger problem is he's not very likely to delete a
message after he plays it.

> *Turn ist off* in the
>first place and afterwards delete all the messages on the box.

Will it be possible to delete all of them at once when voicemail is off?

Easier than when voicemail is on?

Is it hard to then turn voicemail back on?

Re: Is it possible to delete all xoiicemail at once?

<tqihak$1domh$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=36872&group=comp.mobile.android#36872

From: hugyb...@gmx.ch (Joerg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2023 06:24:36 +0100
 by: Joerg Lorenz - Sun, 22 Jan 2023 05:24 UTC

Am 22.01.23 um 03:13 schrieb micky:
> In comp.mobile.android, on Sat, 21 Jan 2023 21:50:42 +0100, Joerg Lorenz
> <hugybear@gmx.ch> wrote:
>
>> Am 21.01.23 um 18:34 schrieb micky:
>>> My brother's phone is frequently full, and when it's not, soon it is
>>> again. He doens't like this stuff and i'm trying to make it easy for
>>> him.
>>
>> That means he doesn't check the mail box anyway.
>
> He does, but the bigger problem is he's not very likely to delete a
> message after he plays it.
>
>> *Turn ist off* in the
>> first place and afterwards delete all the messages on the box.
>
> Will it be possible to delete all of them at once when voicemail is off?

Depends probably on the provider. Try to manage it over the web
interface of the provider if you know the credentials of your brother's
account.

> Easier than when voicemail is on?
>
> Is it hard to then turn voicemail back on?

Should be as easy to turn back on as it was to turn off.

--
Gutta cavat lapidem (Ovid)

Re: Is it possible to delete all xoiicemail at once?

<loipshl752uqj88nv9aolrp33ha640b30k@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=36873&group=comp.mobile.android#36873

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2023 00:36:16 -0500
 by: micky - Sun, 22 Jan 2023 05:36 UTC

In comp.mobile.android, on Sun, 22 Jan 2023 06:24:36 +0100, Joerg Lorenz
<hugybear@gmx.ch> wrote:

>Am 22.01.23 um 03:13 schrieb micky:
>> In comp.mobile.android, on Sat, 21 Jan 2023 21:50:42 +0100, Joerg Lorenz
>> <hugybear@gmx.ch> wrote:

>>> That means he doesn't check the mail box anyway.
>>
>> He does, but the bigger problem is he's not very likely to delete a
>> message after he plays it.
>>
>>> *Turn ist off* in the
>>> first place and afterwards delete all the messages on the box.
>>
>> Will it be possible to delete all of them at once when voicemail is off?
>
>Depends probably on the provider. Try to manage it over the web
>interface of the provider if you know the credentials of your brother's
>account.

That's a good idea that I had not thought of. He might do it himself
that way, or have me do it.

>> Easier than when voicemail is on?
>>
>> Is it hard to then turn voicemail back on?
>
>Should be as easy to turn back on as it was to turn off.

Good.

Re: Is it possible to delete all xoiicemail at once?

<f6lv9jxs4m.ln2@Telcontar.valinor>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=36874&group=comp.mobile.android#36874

From: robin_li...@es.invalid (Carlos E.R.)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2023 13:01:51 +0100
 by: Carlos E.R. - Sun, 22 Jan 2023 12:01 UTC

On 2023-01-22 03:13, micky wrote:
> In comp.mobile.android, on Sat, 21 Jan 2023 21:50:42 +0100, Joerg Lorenz
> <hugybear@gmx.ch> wrote:
>
>> Am 21.01.23 um 18:34 schrieb micky:
>>> My brother's phone is frequently full, and when it's not, soon it is
>>> again. He doens't like this stuff and i'm trying to make it easy for
>>> him.
>>
>> That means he doesn't check the mail box anyway.
>
> He does, but the bigger problem is he's not very likely to delete a
> message after he plays it.
>
>> *Turn ist off* in the
>> first place and afterwards delete all the messages on the box.
>
> Will it be possible to delete all of them at once when voicemail is off?
>
> Easier than when voicemail is on?
>
> Is it hard to then turn voicemail back on?

No, the idea was simply to have no more voicemails and thus not having
to delete them.

--
Cheers, Carlos.