From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.mobile.android,alt.comp.microsoft.windows
Subject: Re: Copying files -- Win10 laptop to Android cellphone
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2023 18:55:52 +0000
 by: Andy Burnelli - Sat, 21 Jan 2023 18:55 UTC

Paul wrote:

> There's no drama involved.
>
> I just checked, and fat32format will be fine.

Hi Paul,

I need to thank you...

Years ago, you had suggested I format and _name_ my sdcard to something I
can remember, because if you let the format name the card, you get
gibberish.

<https://i.postimg.cc/yYWwgGmy/webdav12.jpg> format as 0000-0001

So I've been naming them 0000-0001 ever since you had suggested that
fantastic trick to make all the sd cards more portable in Androids.

<https://i.postimg.cc/QtbR1GY0/webdav13.jpg> Same easy filespec always!

As shown in that illustrated screenshot, if I need the full filespect to
the internal sdcard, it's easy as it's /storage/emulated/0 always.

<https://i.postimg.cc/gcKXV6F7/webdav16.jpg> You always know the filespec!

Better yet, the external storage sd card is always /0000-0001 which is
easy to remember, and which doesn't change between sd cards & phones!
Thanks for that trick as I've read every one of your posts and I learn from
each of them, simply because you, like me, care about people & are detailed
in your responses (you and I both often illustrate our posts
fantastically).

Thanks!
--
Posted out of the goodness of my heart to disseminate useful information
which, in this case, is to thank Paul for his helpful technical suggestion.