Asynchronous inputs are at the root of our race problems. -- D. Winker and F. Prosser

computers / comp.sys.mac.apps / Re: OS X sqlite reader for Facebook history file?

SubjectAuthor
* OS X sqlite reader for Facebook history file?Dudley Brooks
+* Re: OS X sqlite reader for Facebook history file?Jolly Roger
|`- Re: OS X sqlite reader for Facebook history file?Dudley Brooks
+* Re: OS X sqlite reader for Facebook history file?Lewis
|+* Re: OS X sqlite reader for Facebook history file?Jolly Roger
||+* Re: OS X sqlite reader for Facebook history file?Lewis
|||+- Re: OS X sqlite reader for Facebook history file?Dudley Brooks
|||+- Re: OS X sqlite reader for Facebook history file?nospam
|||`* Re: OS X sqlite reader for Facebook history file?Jolly Roger
||| `* Re: OS X sqlite reader for Facebook history file?Lewis
|||  `- Re: OS X sqlite reader for Facebook history file?Jolly Roger
||`- Re: OS X sqlite reader for Facebook history file?Dudley Brooks
|`- Re: OS X sqlite reader for Facebook history file?Dudley Brooks
`- Re: OS X sqlite reader for Facebook history file?Andre

1
OS X sqlite reader for Facebook history file?

<scacoe$ts1$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=350&group=comp.sys.mac.apps#350

From: dbro...@runforyourlife.org (Dudley Brooks)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.apps
Subject: OS X sqlite reader for Facebook history file?
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2021 13:49:16 -0700
 by: Dudley Brooks - Fri, 9 Jul 2021 20:49 UTC

I would like to find an sqlite reader for Facebook's history file,
places.sqlite, and similar files.

The only one I found only runs in Windows.

I run Windows in Parallels ... but trying to install the program caused
some major problems which I haven't yet resolved.

So I would very much like to find an OS X version.

I supposed I could just use some standard SQL program ... but then I
would probably have to use SQL myself to extract the details and get
them in a from I would like.

The Windows-based reader I found is specifically tailored to the
Facebook history file and has various built-in ways to interpret the
data, save it to other formats, etc.

So ... does anyone know of an OS X version?

Thanks.

--
Dudley Brooks, Artistic Director
Run For Your Life! ... it's a dance company!

Re: OS X sqlite reader for Facebook history file?

<ikrs6hFl04mU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=351&group=comp.sys.mac.apps#351

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.apps
Subject: Re: OS X sqlite reader for Facebook history file?
Date: 9 Jul 2021 21:08:33 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Fri, 9 Jul 2021 21:08 UTC

On 2021-07-09, Dudley Brooks <dbrooks@runforyourlife.org> wrote:
> I would like to find an sqlite reader for Facebook's history file,
> places.sqlite, and similar files.
>
> The only one I found only runs in Windows.
>
> I run Windows in Parallels ... but trying to install the program caused
> some major problems which I haven't yet resolved.
>
> So I would very much like to find an OS X version.
>
> I supposed I could just use some standard SQL program ... but then I
> would probably have to use SQL myself to extract the details and get
> them in a from I would like.
>
> The Windows-based reader I found is specifically tailored to the
> Facebook history file and has various built-in ways to interpret the
> data, save it to other formats, etc.
>
> So ... does anyone know of an OS X version?
>
> Thanks.

A quick web search for "macos sqlite reader" shows a few of them... Are
those not suitable for you?

JR

Re: OS X sqlite reader for Facebook history file?

<scaf6f$ia0$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=352&group=comp.sys.mac.apps#352

From: dbro...@runforyourlife.org (Dudley Brooks)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.apps
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2021 14:30:54 -0700
 by: Dudley Brooks - Fri, 9 Jul 2021 21:30 UTC

Weird. I tried that search and didn't find any!

Oh! Sorry, I tried "macos firefox history sqlite reader". Too
specific, I guess.

I will try the more general search and see if any of those fill the bill.

Thanks!

--
Dudley Brooks, Artistic Director
Run For Your Life! ... it's a dance company!
San Francisco

Re: OS X sqlite reader for Facebook history file?

<slrnsehl88.2js5.g.kreme@m1mini.local>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=355&group=comp.sys.mac.apps#355

From: g.kr...@kreme.dont-email.me (Lewis)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.apps
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2021 23:00:24 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Lewis - Fri, 9 Jul 2021 23:00 UTC

In message <scacoe$ts1$1@dont-email.me> Dudley Brooks <dbrooks@runforyourlife.org> wrote:
> I would like to find an sqlite reader for Facebook's history file,
> places.sqlite, and similar files.

I am not sure what you mean, sqlite3 is part of macOS and you can easily
use it to run SQL queries agains the databse and pretty much do whatever
you want.

/usr/bin/sqlite3

#v+
sqlite3 com.plexapp.plugins.library.db << ENDQUERY
SELECT
metadata_items.title,
metadata_items.added_at,
cast(ROUND(metadata_items.rating) as integer),
cast(ROUND(metadata_items.audience_rating) as integer),
metadata_items.year, guid,
metadata_items.originally_available_at, height,
video_codec, media_parts.size
FROM metadata_items
JOIN
media_parts,
media_items
WHERE
metadata_items.library_section_id=2
AND metadata_items.id=media_items.metadata_item_id
AND media_items.id=media_parts.media_item_id
AND media_parts.size>"200000000"
AND video_codec="hevc" AND height>"1200" ;
ENDQUERY
#v-

Works just fine and returns all the 4K HEVC files in the database.

> So I would very much like to find an OS X version.

> I supposed I could just use some standard SQL program ... but then I
> would probably have to use SQL myself to extract the details and get
> them in a from I would like.

that is how databases normally work, yes. You could also simply dump the entire
database to a text file and find whatever info you are looking for.

> The Windows-based reader I found is specifically tailored to the
> Facebook history file and has various built-in ways to interpret the
> data, save it to other formats, etc.

Yes, a tool to interact with a database needs to know how the database is
formatted and setup, otherwise you need to do the SQL queries on your own.

> So ... does anyone know of an OS X version?

#NeverFacebook

However, SQL is pretty straightforward. The hardest part will be figuring out
what bullshit Facebook has done to obfuscate the way the link the data.

--
Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was
its tendency to bend at the knees. --Feet of Clay

Re: OS X sqlite reader for Facebook history file?

<iksjn3FpaepU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=357&group=comp.sys.mac.apps#357

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.apps
Date: 10 Jul 2021 03:49:55 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Sat, 10 Jul 2021 03:49 UTC

On 2021-07-09, Lewis <g.kreme@kreme.dont-email.me> wrote:
> In message <scacoe$ts1$1@dont-email.me> Dudley Brooks <dbrooks@runforyourlife.org> wrote:
>> I would like to find an sqlite reader for Facebook's history file,
>> places.sqlite, and similar files.
>
> I am not sure what you mean, sqlite3 is part of macOS and you can easily
> use it to run SQL queries agains the databse and pretty much do whatever
> you want.
>
> /usr/bin/sqlite3
>
> #v+
> sqlite3 com.plexapp.plugins.library.db << ENDQUERY
> SELECT
> metadata_items.title,
> metadata_items.added_at,
> cast(ROUND(metadata_items.rating) as integer),
> cast(ROUND(metadata_items.audience_rating) as integer),
> metadata_items.year, guid,
> metadata_items.originally_available_at, height,
> video_codec, media_parts.size
> FROM metadata_items
> JOIN
> media_parts,
> media_items
> WHERE
> metadata_items.library_section_id=2
> AND metadata_items.id=media_items.metadata_item_id
> AND media_items.id=media_parts.media_item_id
> AND media_parts.size>"200000000"
> AND video_codec="hevc" AND height>"1200" ;
> ENDQUERY
> #v-
>
> Works just fine and returns all the 4K HEVC files in the database.

Yeah, I didn't bother mentioning that and figured he was looking for a
generic GUI SQLite app that would automate it.

JR

Re: OS X sqlite reader for Facebook history file?

<slrnsejdo8.2iu1.g.kreme@m1mini.local>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=361&group=comp.sys.mac.apps#361

From: g.kr...@kreme.dont-email.me (Lewis)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.apps
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2021 15:04:40 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Lewis - Sat, 10 Jul 2021 15:04 UTC

In message <iksjn3FpaepU1@mid.individual.net> Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote:
> On 2021-07-09, Lewis <g.kreme@kreme.dont-email.me> wrote:
>> In message <scacoe$ts1$1@dont-email.me> Dudley Brooks <dbrooks@runforyourlife.org> wrote:
>>> I would like to find an sqlite reader for Facebook's history file,
>>> places.sqlite, and similar files.
>>
>> I am not sure what you mean, sqlite3 is part of macOS and you can easily
>> use it to run SQL queries agains the databse and pretty much do whatever
>> you want.
>>
>> /usr/bin/sqlite3
>>
>> #v+
>> sqlite3 com.plexapp.plugins.library.db << ENDQUERY
>> SELECT
>> metadata_items.title,
>> metadata_items.added_at,
>> cast(ROUND(metadata_items.rating) as integer),
>> cast(ROUND(metadata_items.audience_rating) as integer),
>> metadata_items.year, guid,
>> metadata_items.originally_available_at, height,
>> video_codec, media_parts.size
>> FROM metadata_items
>> JOIN
>> media_parts,
>> media_items
>> WHERE
>> metadata_items.library_section_id=2
>> AND metadata_items.id=media_items.metadata_item_id
>> AND media_items.id=media_parts.media_item_id
>> AND media_parts.size>"200000000"
>> AND video_codec="hevc" AND height>"1200" ;
>> ENDQUERY
>> #v-
>>
>> Works just fine and returns all the 4K HEVC files in the database.

> Yeah, I didn't bother mentioning that and figured he was looking for a
> generic GUI SQLite app that would automate it.

Are there general purpose apps that just magically parse a database?
Seems to me they would need to be customized for the specific database
to be at all useful.

Something that understood the plex database and let you really muck
around in it without writing queries might be kind of cool, but I am not
going to write it (especially since they keep changing the database
format).

--
Your letters they all say that you're beside me now. Then why do I
feel alone? I'm standing on a ledge and your fine spider web Is

Re: OS X sqlite reader for Facebook history file?

<sccn7m$os2$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=362&group=comp.sys.mac.apps#362

From: dbro...@runforyourlife.org (Dudley Brooks)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.apps
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2021 11:00:15 -0700
 by: Dudley Brooks - Sat, 10 Jul 2021 18:00 UTC

On 7/9/21 4:00 PM, Lewis wrote:

> In message <scacoe$ts1$1@dont-email.me> Dudley Brooks <dbrooks@runforyourlife.org> wrote:
>
>> I would like to find an sqlite reader for Facebook's history file, places.sqlite, and similar files.
>
> I am not sure what you mean, sqlite3 is part of macOS and you can easily use it to run SQL queries agains the databse and pretty much do whatever you want.
>
> /usr/bin/sqlite3
>
> #v+
> sqlite3 com.plexapp.plugins.library.db << ENDQUERY
> SELECT
> metadata_items.title,
> metadata_items.added_at,
> cast(ROUND(metadata_items.rating) as integer),
> cast(ROUND(metadata_items.audience_rating) as integer),
> metadata_items.year, guid,
> metadata_items.originally_available_at, height,
> video_codec, media_parts.size
> FROM metadata_items
> JOIN
> media_parts,
> media_items
> WHERE
> metadata_items.library_section_id=2
> AND metadata_items.id=media_items.metadata_item_id
> AND media_items.id=media_parts.media_item_id
> AND media_parts.size>"200000000"
> AND video_codec="hevc" AND height>"1200" ;
> ENDQUERY
> #v-
>
> Works just fine and returns all the 4K HEVC files in the database.
>
>> So I would very much like to find an OS X version.
>
>> I supposed I could just use some standard SQL program ... but then I would probably have to use SQL myself to extract the details and get them in a from I would like.
>
> that is how databases normally work, yes. You could also simply dump the entire database to a text file and find whatever info you are looking for.

Doesn't it include a lot of non-text stuff because of being .sqlite?

>> The Windows-based reader I found is specifically tailored to the Facebook history file and has various built-in ways to interpret the data, save it to other formats, etc.
>
> Yes, a tool to interact with a database needs to know how the database is formatted and setup, otherwise you need to do the SQL queries on your own.
>
>> So ... does anyone know of an OS X version?
>
> #NeverFacebook
>
> However, SQL is pretty straightforward.

Yes, there was a time when I would have enjoyed learning a little SQL
and figuring out (or asking!) how to to what you show above ... plus how
to export it into other forms. I just don't have the leisure anymore

But thanks for supplying the above. And, especially, thanks for letting
me know that SQLite is included.

I'll probably still search for readers, just to see if any of them are
already configured to do exactly what I want.

> The hardest part will be figuring out
> what bullshit Facebook has done to obfuscate the way the link the data.

Yep, I rather imagine so! That would have been a nice thing about the
dedicated Facebook History SQLite Reader.

--
Dudley Brooks, Artistic Director
Run For Your Life! ... it's a dance company!
San Francisco

Re: OS X sqlite reader for Facebook history file?

<sccnfb$os2$2@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=363&group=comp.sys.mac.apps#363

From: dbro...@runforyourlife.org (Dudley Brooks)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.apps
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2021 11:04:26 -0700
 by: Dudley Brooks - Sat, 10 Jul 2021 18:04 UTC

On 7/9/21 8:49 PM, Jolly Roger wrote:

> On 2021-07-09, Lewis <g.kreme@kreme.dont-email.me> wrote:
>
>> In message <scacoe$ts1$1@dont-email.me> Dudley Brooks <dbrooks@runforyourlife.org> wrote:
>>
>>> I would like to find an sqlite reader for Facebook's history file, places.sqlite, and similar files.
>>
>> I am not sure what you mean, sqlite3 is part of macOS and you can easily use it to run SQL queries agains the databse and pretty much do whatever you want.
>>
>> /usr/bin/sqlite3
>>
>> #v+
>> sqlite3 com.plexapp.plugins.library.db << ENDQUERY
>> SELECT
>> metadata_items.title,
>> metadata_items.added_at,
>> cast(ROUND(metadata_items.rating) as integer),
>> cast(ROUND(metadata_items.audience_rating) as integer),
>> metadata_items.year, guid,
>> metadata_items.originally_available_at, height,
>> video_codec, media_parts.size
>> FROM metadata_items
>> JOIN
>> media_parts,
>> media_items
>> WHERE
>> metadata_items.library_section_id=2
>> AND metadata_items.id=media_items.metadata_item_id
>> AND media_items.id=media_parts.media_item_id
>> AND media_parts.size>"200000000"
>> AND video_codec="hevc" AND height>"1200" ;
>> ENDQUERY
>> #v-
>>
>> Works just fine and returns all the 4K HEVC files in the database.
>
> Yeah, I didn't bother mentioning that and figured he was looking for a generic GUI SQLite app that would automate it.

Quite right. Thanks!

--
Dudley Brooks, Artistic Director
Run For Your Life! ... it's a dance company!
San Francisco

Re: OS X sqlite reader for Facebook history file?

<sccnud$tlm$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=364&group=comp.sys.mac.apps#364

From: dbro...@runforyourlife.org (Dudley Brooks)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.apps
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2021 11:12:28 -0700
 by: Dudley Brooks - Sat, 10 Jul 2021 18:12 UTC

On 7/10/21 8:04 AM, Lewis wrote:

> In message <iksjn3FpaepU1@mid.individual.net> Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote:

>>> I am not sure what you mean, sqlite3 is part of macOS and you can easily use it to run SQL queries agains the databse and pretty much do whatever you want.
>>>
>>> /usr/bin/sqlite3
>>>
>>> #v+
>>> sqlite3 com.plexapp.plugins.library.db << ENDQUERY
>>> SELECT
>>> metadata_items.title,
>>> metadata_items.added_at,
>>> cast(ROUND(metadata_items.rating) as integer),
>>> cast(ROUND(metadata_items.audience_rating) as integer),
>>> metadata_items.year, guid,
>>> metadata_items.originally_available_at, height,
>>> video_codec, media_parts.size
>>> FROM metadata_items
>>> JOIN
>>> media_parts,
>>> media_items
>>> WHERE
>>> metadata_items.library_section_id=2
>>> AND metadata_items.id=media_items.metadata_item_id
>>> AND media_items.id=media_parts.media_item_id
>>> AND media_parts.size>"200000000"
>>> AND video_codec="hevc" AND height>"1200" ;
>>> ENDQUERY
>>> #v-
>>>
>>> Works just fine and returns all the 4K HEVC files in the database.
>
>> Yeah, I didn't bother mentioning that and figured he was looking for a generic GUI SQLite app that would automate it.
>
> Are there general purpose apps that just magically parse a database? Seems to me they would need to be customized for the specific database to be at all useful.

The Windows one I found was, indeed, customized that way. That's why I
was hoping to find a similar MacOS one.

> Something that understood the plex database and let you really muck around in it without writing queries might be kind of cool, but I am not going to write it (especially since they keep changing the database format).

That's a good point! I'm writing this using Thunderbird, and even
though Mozilla doesn't (I think) do the kind of corporate-proprietary
things that Facebook does, still I notice that many of the developers of
plugins for it eventually get tired of constantly revising their plugins
to keep up with changes.

--
Dudley Brooks, Artistic Director
Run For Your Life! ... it's a dance company!
San Francisco

Re: OS X sqlite reader for Facebook history file?

<100720211418108080%nospam@nospam.invalid>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=365&group=comp.sys.mac.apps#365

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.apps
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2021 14:18:10 -0400
 by: nospam - Sat, 10 Jul 2021 18:18 UTC

In article <slrnsejdo8.2iu1.g.kreme@m1mini.local>, Lewis
<g.kreme@kreme.dont-email.me> wrote:

> Are there general purpose apps that just magically parse a database?
> Seems to me they would need to be customized for the specific database
> to be at all useful.

they do if you have the database schema.

Re: OS X sqlite reader for Facebook history file?

<ikuq4tF7d33U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=369&group=comp.sys.mac.apps#369

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.apps
Date: 10 Jul 2021 23:51:57 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Sat, 10 Jul 2021 23:51 UTC

On 2021-07-10, Lewis <g.kreme@kreme.dont-email.me> wrote:
> In message <iksjn3FpaepU1@mid.individual.net> Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I am not sure what you mean, sqlite3 is part of macOS and you can easily
>>> use it to run SQL queries agains the databse and pretty much do whatever
>>> you want.
>>>
>>> /usr/bin/sqlite3
>>>
>>> [snip]
>>>
>>> Works just fine and returns all the 4K HEVC files in the database.
>
>> Yeah, I didn't bother mentioning that and figured he was looking for a
>> generic GUI SQLite app that would automate it.
>
> Are there general purpose apps that just magically parse a database?

Sure, there are various general purpose database browser apps, for both
MySQL as well as SQLite. I use MySQL Workbench, DB Browser for SQLite,
and others regularly for that purpose.

> Seems to me they would need to be customized for the specific database
> to be at all useful.

Not really. Most of them let you execute SQL commands interactively and
do other DB operations in an automated fashion, often without needing to
run any SQL commands directly.

> Something that understood the plex database and let you really muck
> around in it without writing queries might be kind of cool, but I am not
> going to write it (especially since they keep changing the database
> format).

I haven't ever bothered looking at the Plex database before, but I just
opened it in DB Browser without issue:

<https://imgur.com/a/qS5vVW4>

JR

Re: OS X sqlite reader for Facebook history file?

<slrnseleh6.2l0e.g.kreme@m1mini.local>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=370&group=comp.sys.mac.apps#370

From: g.kr...@kreme.dont-email.me (Lewis)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.apps
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2021 09:30:14 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Lewis - Sun, 11 Jul 2021 09:30 UTC

In message <ikuq4tF7d33U1@mid.individual.net> Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote:
> On 2021-07-10, Lewis <g.kreme@kreme.dont-email.me> wrote:

>>> Yeah, I didn't bother mentioning that and figured he was looking for a
>>> generic GUI SQLite app that would automate it.
>>
>> Are there general purpose apps that just magically parse a database?

> Sure, there are various general purpose database browser apps, for both
> MySQL as well as SQLite. I use MySQL Workbench, DB Browser for SQLite,
> and others regularly for that purpose.

>> Seems to me they would need to be customized for the specific database
>> to be at all useful.

> Not really. Most of them let you execute SQL commands interactively and
> do other DB operations in an automated fashion, often without needing to
> run any SQL commands directly.

>> Something that understood the plex database and let you really muck
>> around in it without writing queries might be kind of cool, but I am not
>> going to write it (especially since they keep changing the database
>> format).

> I haven't ever bothered looking at the Plex database before, but I just
> opened it in DB Browser without issue:

> <https://imgur.com/a/qS5vVW4>

that's not really any different than opening the datbase from the
command line, is it? It doesn't look like it is relly showing you the
data relationships. If you open a specific title is it pulling in all
the info from all the tables to show every bit of information there is
associated with that title, or is it just the equivalent of dumping that
record our of one table and you have to figure out the connections
yourself?

--
2 is not equal to 3, not even for large values of 2. Grabel's Law

Re: OS X sqlite reader for Facebook history file?

<il0lj3FifseU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=371&group=comp.sys.mac.apps#371

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.apps
Date: 11 Jul 2021 16:46:28 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Sun, 11 Jul 2021 16:46 UTC

On 2021-07-11, Lewis <g.kreme@kreme.dont-email.me> wrote:
> In message <ikuq4tF7d33U1@mid.individual.net> Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote:

>>> Are there general purpose apps that just magically parse a database?
>
>> Sure, there are various general purpose database browser apps, for
>> both MySQL as well as SQLite. I use MySQL Workbench, DB Browser for
>> SQLite, and others regularly for that purpose.
>
>>> Seems to me they would need to be customized for the specific
>>> database to be at all useful.
>
>> Not really. Most of them let you execute SQL commands interactively
>> and do other DB operations in an automated fashion, often without
>> needing to run any SQL commands directly.
>
>>> Something that understood the plex database and let you really muck
>>> around in it without writing queries might be kind of cool, but I am
>>> not going to write it (especially since they keep changing the
>>> database format).
>
>> I haven't ever bothered looking at the Plex database before, but I
>> just opened it in DB Browser without issue:
>
>> <https://imgur.com/a/qS5vVW4>
>
> that's not really any different than opening the datbase from the
> command line, is it?

You can see all of the tables and so on visually without entering any
commands, which is what the OP wanted.

> It doesn't look like it is relly showing you the data relationships.
> If you open a specific title is it pulling in all the info from all
> the tables to show every bit of information there is associated with
> that title, or is it just the equivalent of dumping that record our of
> one table and you have to figure out the connections yourself?

I never said it was doing what you're suggesting, and I don't think the
OP was asking for that either. He simply asked for a SQLite reader app.
That's what this is.

JR

Re: OS X sqlite reader for Facebook history file?

<60SGI.1371879$AK38.567061@fx04.ams4>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=373&group=comp.sys.mac.apps#373

From: and...@usenapp.root (Andre)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.apps
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 07:17:22 GMT
 by: Andre - Mon, 12 Jul 2021 07:17 UTC

On 9 Jul 2021 at 22:49:16 CEST, "Dudley Brooks" wrote:

> I would like to find an sqlite reader for Facebook's history file,
> places.sqlite, and similar files.
>
> So ... does anyone know of an OS X version?
>
> Thanks.

Valentina supports SQLite and runs under MacOS.

<https://www.valentina-db.com/en/download-valentina-studio/current>

Free license:

<https://www.valentina-db.com/en/get-free-valentina-studio>

--