From: malQRMas...@gmail.com (Bill Horne)
Newsgroups: comp.dcom.telecom
Subject: T-Mobile will soon start charging $35 activation fees for (almost) every transaction [telecom]
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2022 13:40:41 +0000
Sender: news@iecc.com
 by: Bill Horne - Tue, 1 Nov 2022 13:40 UTC

By Tyler Lee

More often than not, the price for an advertised product or service
isn't necessarily the only price you'll have to pay. For example,
sometimes joining a gym will require you to pay a first and last month
deposit, administration fees, registration fees, and so on. With
carriers, there are also activation fees, a feature that T-Mobile has
waived in some instances, like when you register online.

Unfortunately, for customers looking to save on that fee, that may no
longer be possible. According to internal documents obtained by The
T-Mo Report, it appears that T-Mobile is getting ready to introduce a
$35 activation fee for pretty much every transaction that you make
with them.

https://phandroid.com/2022/10/31/t-mobile-will-soon-start-charging-35-activation-fees-for-almost-every-transaction/

--
(Please remove QRM to reply to the "From" address)

Re: T-Mobile will soon start charging $35 activation fees for (almost) every transaction [telecom]

<Dxc8L.2237$s2l3.1027@fx10.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3696&group=comp.dcom.telecom#3696

From: michael....@att.net (Michael Trew)
Newsgroups: comp.dcom.telecom
Date: 1 Nov 2022 13:18:29 -0400
Sender: news@iecc.com
 by: Michael Trew - Tue, 1 Nov 2022 17:18 UTC

On 11/1/2022 9:40, Bill Horne wrote:
> By Tyler Lee
>
> More often than not, the price for an advertised product or service
> isn't necessarily the only price you'll have to pay. For example,
> sometimes joining a gym will require you to pay a first and last month
> deposit, administration fees, registration fees, and so on. With
> carriers, there are also activation fees, a feature that T-Mobile has
> waived in some instances, like when you register online.
>
> Unfortunately, for customers looking to save on that fee, that may no
> longer be possible. According to internal documents obtained by The
> T-Mo Report, it appears that T-Mobile is getting ready to introduce a
> $35 activation fee for pretty much every transaction that you make
> with them.
>
> https://phandroid.com/2022/10/31/t-mobile-will-soon-start-charging-35-activation-fees-for-almost-every-transaction/
>
> --
> (Please remove QRM to reply to the "From" address)

That is *not* very "un-carrier" like. I wonder if this only pertains to
post-paid service, or pre-paid service, also?