From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: TeamViewer connects to phone/TV Quick Suppport, but it will not control it.
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2023 11:39:10 -0500
 by: micky - Tue, 24 Jan 2023 16:39 UTC

TeamViewer for the PC will connect to my Android phone using TeamViewer
Quick Suppport, but it will not control it.

It displays on the PC whatever is on the phone, and when I move the PC
cursor and left click, it shows a blue hand with a pointing finger, both
on the PC and the phone, but nothing more happens. The blue hand
disappears after about a second, on both PC and phone.

For example, 1) at the bottom of the phone's page is Type your message
here, with a blinking blue isertion point. I can't move the insertion
point by clicking and typing text doesn't show up either. 2) clicking
on the round button at the bottom doesn't disply the home screen,
doesn't do anything. Nothing DOES anything.

It did say, after I used the clipboard on the PC, "Text has been compied
to your clipboard"

Most recent version of TV-QS, Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 pro
Recent version of TV for windows 10 fully updated

Re: TeamViewer connects to phone/TV Quick Suppport, but it will not control it.

<umf0thpv0u1bau1mq3s1rg0rd3udalsqs2@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=36947&group=comp.mobile.android#36947

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2023 15:39:55 -0500
 by: micky - Tue, 24 Jan 2023 20:39 UTC

In comp.mobile.android, on Tue, 24 Jan 2023 11:39:10 -0500, micky
<NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com> wrote:

>TeamViewer for the PC will connect to my Android phone using TeamViewer
>Quick Suppport, but it will not control it.
>
>It displays on the PC whatever is on the phone, and when I move the PC
>cursor and left click, it shows a blue hand with a pointing finger, both
>on the PC and the phone, but nothing more happens. The blue hand
>disappears after about a second, on both PC and phone.

So I gooogled and all the hits were from TeamViewer itself, and I
clicked on 3 and none would load. All gave blank pages, but on anot her
computer they gave pages that were 98% blank with one graphic two
screens down that linked to some other TV page that I was not interested
in.

Then I went to their FB page and he said that everything was working,
that he could get to the link, one of the three above, that wouldn't
work for me.

If anyone has the time and incluination, could you check out these 3
links and copy the text to your reply. I'd very much appreciate it, and
I don't know how else to read it.

https://community.teamviewer.com/English/discussion/34251/why-cant-i-control-my-android-device
https://community.teamviewer.com/English/discussion/63513/only-blue-hand-cursor-in-the-android-host
https://community.teamviewer.com/English/discussion/56930/teamviewer-quick-support-view-mode-not-showing-pointing-hand-anymore
On either computer, though booth use the same router.

Or at least tell me if the pages are there and not 96% blank.

I tried going to
https://community.teamviewer.com and that did take me to
https://community.teamviewer.com/English/
but that page didn't used to load either!! Now it loads but searching
on
quick support just gives blue finger or hand or pointer

doesn't find anything.

>For example, 1) at the bottom of the phone's page is Type your message
>here, with a blinking blue isertion point. I can't move the insertion
>point by clicking and typing text doesn't show up either. 2) clicking
>on the round button at the bottom doesn't disply the home screen,
>doesn't do anything. Nothing DOES anything.
>
>It did say, after I used the clipboard on the PC, "Text has been compied
>to your clipboard"
>
>Most recent version of TV-QS, Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 pro
>Recent version of TV for windows 10 fully updated

Re: TeamViewer connects to phone/TV Quick Suppport, but it will not control it.

<k3b26jF96jcU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=36949&group=comp.mobile.android#36949

From: use...@andyburns.uk (Andy Burns)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: TeamViewer connects to phone/TV Quick Suppport, but it will not
control it.
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2023 21:51:11 +0000
 by: Andy Burns - Tue, 24 Jan 2023 21:51 UTC

micky wrote:

> Or at least tell me if the pages are there and not 96% blank.

pages load fine here in firefox, try a different browser to whatever you
were using?

Re: TeamViewer connects to phone/TV Quick Suppport, but it will not control it.

<lcm1th5p0q2kpffqi2nekir7nrej5pdhlq@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=36951&group=comp.mobile.android#36951

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2023 02:44:17 -0500
 by: micky - Wed, 25 Jan 2023 07:44 UTC

In comp.mobile.android, on Tue, 24 Jan 2023 21:51:11 +0000, Andy Burns
<usenet@andyburns.uk> wrote:

>micky wrote:
>
>> Or at least tell me if the pages are there and not 96% blank.
>
>pages load fine here in firefox, try a different browser to whatever you
>were using?

Thanks. I waited until FF crashed becausae sometimes when it's been
open a long time, it works funny, even though I have 32 gigs of RAM in
it. But soon after I restarted it, it still brought up the same almost
blank pages.

Then in the other computer, I used Chrome and it worked fine there.
I'm still curious if it will work in FF on this computer, but I will
wait until FF crashes and I've just restarted it.

TeamViewer, chatting from its Facebook page, was very polite even though
I have not paid for it. He said he tried the url I gave him on 4 or 5
different browswers and it worked on all of them. And he gave me a url
to see how they were doing, 100% on just about everyth ing technical.
And he offered to help me with the underlying problem, but I'd rather
read a whole page.

And the upshot is that TV will display but not control some brands of
phones, including the Red Chinese phones by Xiaomi.

It says "For devices not covered in this list, we offer the Universal
Add-On for devices running the TeamViewer QuickSupport App and Android 7
(or newer)" I installed that on my phone but I guess it's not universal
enough.

This was just a test using my own phone. I don't know what brand my
brother has. I will ask. He's not feeling too well. I know him and
he's not saving any of these voicemails for any purpose, so I wanted to
delete them and/or maybe set the phone to delete old ones when it's
full. Do any phones have that as a user-defined setting?

He's 83 and not feeling well, and it's very frustrating not to be able
to reach him, though he answered the phone today.

FTR, this is the url of the three with the most info.
https://community.teamviewer.com/English/discussion/34251/why-cant-i-control-my-android-device
and this is the list of phones it works well with
https://community.teamviewer.com/English/kb/articles/4730-supported-manufacturers-for-remotely-controlling-android-devices
Boy the number of brands is amazingly large. 11 major brands from their
pov, and about 290 other brands. Some must be made by others.

Re: TeamViewer connects to phone/TV Quick Suppport, but it will not control it.

<gv3hthp8l7r0ecbmhnqm1561bib9qo7go2@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=37136&group=comp.mobile.android#37136

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2023 22:51:34 -0500
 by: micky - Tue, 31 Jan 2023 03:51 UTC

In comp.mobile.android, on Wed, 25 Jan 2023 02:44:17 -0500, micky
<NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com> wrote:

>In comp.mobile.android, on Tue, 24 Jan 2023 21:51:11 +0000, Andy Burns
><usenet@andyburns.uk> wrote:
>
>>micky wrote:
>>
>>> Or at least tell me if the pages are there and not 96% blank.
>>
>>pages load fine here in firefox, try a different browser to whatever you
>>were using?
>
>Thanks. I waited until FF crashed becausae sometimes when it's been
>open a long time, it works funny, even though I have 32 gigs of RAM in
>it. But soon after I restarted it, it still brought up the same almost
>blank pages.
>
>Then in the other computer, I used Chrome and it worked fine there.
>I'm still curious if it will work in FF on this computer, but I will
>wait until FF crashes and I've just restarted it.

It didn't work in FF on the seocond computer either, even though ti
worked for Andy and the guy at Teamviewer. C'est la vie.