Don't panic.

computers / comp.mobile.android / Re: How to get photo's from a Samsung to a pc?

SubjectAuthor
* How to get photo's from a Samsung to a pc?Fokke Nauta
+* Re: How to get photo's from a Samsung to a pc?Java Jive
|+* Re: How to get photo's from a Samsung to a pc?Fokke Nauta
||+* Re: How to get photo's from a Samsung to a pc?Andy Burnelli
|||`* Re: How to get photo's from a Samsung to a pc?Fokke Nauta
||| `* Re: How to get photo's from a Samsung to a pc?Andy Burnelli
|||  +- Re: How to get photo's from a Samsung to a pc?Joerg Lorenz
|||  `* Re: How to get photo's from a Samsung to a pc?Fokke Nauta
|||   `* Re: How to get photo's from a Samsung to a pc?Carlos E.R.
|||    `- Re: How to get photo's from a Samsung to a pc?Fokke Nauta
||`* Re: How to get photo's from a Samsung to a pc?jetjock
|| `- Re: How to get photo's from a Samsung to a pc?Fokke Nauta
|+* Re: How to get photo's from a Samsung to a pc?Java Jive
||`- Re: How to get photo's from a Samsung to a pc?Fokke Nauta
|`* Re: How to get photo's from a Samsung to a pc?sms
| `* Re: How to get photo's from a Samsung to a pc?Fokke Nauta
|  `* Re: How to get photo's from a Samsung to a pc?Carlos E.R.
|   `- Re: How to get photo's from a Samsung to a pc?Fokke Nauta
+* Re: How to get photo's from a Samsung to a pc?Joerg Lorenz
|`- Re: How to get photo's from a Samsung to a pc?Fokke Nauta
`- Re: How to get photo's from a Samsung to a pc?Fokke Nauta

1
How to get photo's from a Samsung to a pc?

<k2sv31F3nltU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=36593&group=comp.mobile.android#36593

From: use...@solfon.nl (Fokke Nauta)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: How to get photo's from a Samsung to a pc?
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2023 14:32:17 +0100
 by: Fokke Nauta - Thu, 19 Jan 2023 13:32 UTC

Hi all,

Friends of mine both have a Samsung smartphone. To be more precisely, a
Samsung galaxy S20FE5G and a Samsung galaxy A 51. They would like to
copy the picures from their phones to a Windows 10 pc. I thought it
would be easy and connect the phone by an USB cable to the pc. With the
S20FE5G I saw an internal disk and some subdirectories, under which
Pictures, but that one was empty. On my own Galaxy A53 pictures are
stored in the DCIM folder, but I wasn't able to find that one on the
S20FE5G.
How can I copy their pictures to a pc?
Thanks in advance.

Fokke Nauta

Re: How to get photo's from a Samsung to a pc?

<tqbgur$1ilfo$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=36594&group=comp.mobile.android#36594

From: jav...@evij.com.invalid (Java Jive)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: How to get photo's from a Samsung to a pc?
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2023 13:35:23 +0000
 by: Java Jive - Thu, 19 Jan 2023 13:35 UTC

On 19/01/2023 13:32, Fokke Nauta wrote:

> Friends of mine both have a Samsung smartphone. To be more precisely, a
> Samsung galaxy S20FE5G and a Samsung galaxy A 51. They would like to
> copy the picures from their phones to a Windows 10 pc. I thought it
> would be easy and connect the phone by an USB cable to the pc. With the
> S20FE5G I saw an internal disk and some subdirectories, under which
> Pictures, but that one was empty. On my own Galaxy A53 pictures are
> stored in the DCIM folder, but I wasn't able to find that one on the
> S20FE5G.
> How can I copy their pictures to a pc?
> Thanks in advance.

Try looking under:
\DCIM\Camera

--

Fake news kills!

www.macfh.co.uk

Re: How to get photo's from a Samsung to a pc?

<k2svqhF3sihU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=36595&group=comp.mobile.android#36595

From: use...@solfon.nl (Fokke Nauta)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2023 14:44:49 +0100
 by: Fokke Nauta - Thu, 19 Jan 2023 13:44 UTC

On 19/01/2023 14:35, Java Jive wrote:
> On 19/01/2023 13:32, Fokke Nauta wrote:
>>
>> Friends of mine both have a Samsung smartphone. To be more precisely,
>> a Samsung galaxy S20FE5G and a Samsung galaxy A 51. They would like to
>> copy the picures from their phones to a Windows 10 pc. I thought it
>> would be easy and connect the phone by an USB cable to the pc. With
>> the S20FE5G I saw an internal disk and some subdirectories, under
>> which Pictures, but that one was empty. On my own Galaxy A53 pictures
>> are stored in the DCIM folder, but I wasn't able to find that one on
>> the S20FE5G.
>> How can I copy their pictures to a pc?
>> Thanks in advance.
>
> Try looking under:
>     \DCIM\Camera

Thanks. But I could not find the DCiM folder. It simply did not show up.

Fokke

Re: How to get photo's from a Samsung to a pc?

<tqbhsk$1ir92$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=36596&group=comp.mobile.android#36596

From: jav...@evij.com.invalid (Java Jive)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2023 13:51:15 +0000
 by: Java Jive - Thu, 19 Jan 2023 13:51 UTC

On 19/01/2023 13:35, Java Jive wrote:
> On 19/01/2023 13:32, Fokke Nauta wrote:
>>
>> Friends of mine both have a Samsung smartphone. To be more precisely,
>> a Samsung galaxy S20FE5G and a Samsung galaxy A 51. They would like to
>> copy the picures from their phones to a Windows 10 pc. I thought it
>> would be easy and connect the phone by an USB cable to the pc. With
>> the S20FE5G I saw an internal disk and some subdirectories, under
>> which Pictures, but that one was empty. On my own Galaxy A53 pictures
>> are stored in the DCIM folder, but I wasn't able to find that one on
>> the S20FE5G.
>> How can I copy their pictures to a pc?
>> Thanks in advance.
>
> Try looking under:
>     \DCIM\Camera

Sorry, senior moment I suppose, for some reason on first reading I
missed your reference to the DCIM folder, but, FTR, it should be off the
root directory. I can only suggest that if you can't see it there, you
might have to change some settings or other.

When my Samsung Android 7 tablet is connected to my Win 7 PC via USB, I
see ...

On the PC: www.macfh.co.uk/Temp/DCIM.png

On the Tablet: If I pull down the notifications tab from the top of the
screen, I see ...
[USB Symbol] Android System
Transferring media files via USB
Tap for other USB options
.... and tapping produces the following list ...
Transferring media files
Transferring images
Connecting MIDI devices
None
.... from which I have the first option selected. If yours have
different options selected, try changing them to be the first.

--

Fake news kills!

www.macfh.co.uk

Re: How to get photo's from a Samsung to a pc?

<tqbske$8bb$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=36602&group=comp.mobile.android#36602

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2023 16:54:50 +0000
 by: Andy Burnelli - Thu, 19 Jan 2023 16:54 UTC

Fokke Nauta wrote:

>> ����\DCIM\Camera
>>

> Thanks. But I could not find the DCiM folder. It simply did not show up.

I suspect this is another micky troll or the iKook trolls (more likely a
micky troll though) given the pattern that micky uses is different (but if
the OP mentions that he is giving up on Android to go to Apple, we'll know
that it's the iKooks' troll - otherwise is another inane micky troll).

Another reason I suspect this is a micky troll is this has to be the third
or fourth time in recent memory that the _same_ question has been asked
(which is a hallmark of micky trolls more so than the iKook trolls).

However...

Since I care deeply about people getting their answers, I will spend my
valuable time and energy trying to help the OP, assuming this isn't yet
another micky/ikook troll...

To "help" the OP with his question, I first must note that nobody has this
problem the OP is asking about, so "something" he is doing (or not doing)
is causing what he claims to be the problem. But what?

Let's assume the OP is sincere.
Let's assume he can't find the DCIM folder.

My first advice would be that the folder might not exist "if" a photo was
never taken, so, my first advice is to snap a picture.

My second advice is most camera apps have a button on the camera app that
goes to the folder that the camera stores the pictures in, so that people
can instantly view the picture - so find and press that button.

If I take this question seriously, my third advice is that some camera apps
can _change_ where they put the pictures, e.g., my default Samsung app asks
me whenever I put in a new sdcard whether I want to store the photos taken
immediately to the internal or external sdcard partitions.

Hence my third advice to the OP if this is a real question is for the OP to
confirm whether or not there is an sd card in the phone in question, and to
confirm whether or not they're using the default Samsung camera app, and to
confirm whether or not that default camera app settings say where they are.

My default Samsung camera app has a line in the settings saying:
"Storage location = SD card"
And my "About Camera" line in the settings tells me it's this version:
"Version 12.0.06.32 The latest version is already installed."

My fourth advice is that the OP needs to find the pictures on the phone
_before_ looking adding the PC to the mix, so my advice is for the OP to
open up the file manager on the phone and _look_ for the DCIM directory.

It could be in any number of places, so I ran this search to give the OP a
URL to all those places so I don't have to write it out for him.
<https://duckduckgo.com/?q=where+is+android+dcim+folder+located>

First hit is a shill but it contains 'some' useful information.
*Everything You Need to Know about DCIM Folder on Android*
<https://www.tenorshare.com/android/what-does-dcim-stand-for.html>

Second hit is to Android Authority, which is where I'd start.
*How to navigate your Android phone's storage*
<https://www.androidauthority.com/phone-storage-folders-explained-744100/>
It has a section on how to navigate with a PC and it shows
the common folders on Android that you'd want to navigate to.

Third hit is another shill, but it contains useful information.
*DCIM Folder Is Missing, Empty, Or Not Showing Photos*
<https://www.minitool.com/data-recovery/dcim-folder-missing-not-showing-photos.html>

Fourth hit seems useful too, so I'd have the OP read that second.
*All You Need to Know About DCIM Folder and Images on Android Phone*
<https://web4recovery.com/dcim/>

Those should answer the basic questions the OP has, which will take the op
less time to read than it took for me to write this up, so I do not want to
hear from the OP any further questions that are ALREADY explained in those.

However, if, after reading those, the OP still has questions, then just ask
and I will try to answer his questions faithfully to help him out as I care
deeply that people get the answers they need for using the Android phone.
--
Posted out of the goodness of my heart to disseminate useful information
which, in this case, is to help the OP answer the DCIM folder questions.

Re: How to get photo's from a Samsung to a pc?

<270jsh59fa52b19phgp6ncm1jcfapd7oqc@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=36606&group=comp.mobile.android#36606

From: jetj...@unkown.com (jetjock)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2023 11:48:17 -0600
 by: jetjock - Thu, 19 Jan 2023 17:48 UTC

On Thu, 19 Jan 2023 14:44:49 +0100, Fokke Nauta <usenet@solfon.nl>
wrote:

>On 19/01/2023 14:35, Java Jive wrote:
>> On 19/01/2023 13:32, Fokke Nauta wrote:
>>>
>>> Friends of mine both have a Samsung smartphone. To be more precisely,
>>> a Samsung galaxy S20FE5G and a Samsung galaxy A 51. They would like to
>>> copy the picures from their phones to a Windows 10 pc. I thought it
>>> would be easy and connect the phone by an USB cable to the pc. With
>>> the S20FE5G I saw an internal disk and some subdirectories, under
>>> which Pictures, but that one was empty. On my own Galaxy A53 pictures
>>> are stored in the DCIM folder, but I wasn't able to find that one on
>>> the S20FE5G.
>>> How can I copy their pictures to a pc?
>>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>> Try looking under:
>>     \DCIM\Camera
>>

>Thanks. But I could not find the DCiM folder. It simply did not show up.
>
>Fokke

Not very familiar with Win10, but is it possible they have not been
set to view hidden files?

A quick DuckDuckGo search gave me this:
https://www.samsung.com/my/support/mobile-devices/how-to-transfer-photo-from-my-samsung-mobile-to-my-laptop/

Hope one woks for you.

Re: How to get photo's from a Samsung to a pc?

<k2teebF6193U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=36607&group=comp.mobile.android#36607

From: use...@solfon.nl (Fokke Nauta)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2023 18:54:19 +0100
 by: Fokke Nauta - Thu, 19 Jan 2023 17:54 UTC

On 19/01/2023 14:51, Java Jive wrote:
> On 19/01/2023 13:35, Java Jive wrote:
>> On 19/01/2023 13:32, Fokke Nauta wrote:
>>>
>>> Friends of mine both have a Samsung smartphone. To be more precisely,
>>> a Samsung galaxy S20FE5G and a Samsung galaxy A 51. They would like
>>> to copy the picures from their phones to a Windows 10 pc. I thought
>>> it would be easy and connect the phone by an USB cable to the pc.
>>> With the S20FE5G I saw an internal disk and some subdirectories,
>>> under which Pictures, but that one was empty. On my own Galaxy A53
>>> pictures are stored in the DCIM folder, but I wasn't able to find
>>> that one on the S20FE5G.
>>> How can I copy their pictures to a pc?
>>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>> Try looking under:
>>      \DCIM\Camera
>>

> Sorry, senior moment I suppose, for some reason on first reading I
> missed your reference to the DCIM folder, but, FTR, it should be off the
> root directory.  I can only suggest that if you can't see it there, you
> might have to change some settings or other.

But what?

> When my Samsung Android 7 tablet is connected to my Win 7 PC via USB, I
> see ...
>
> On the PC:      www.macfh.co.uk/Temp/DCIM.png

That looks familiar to me. On my own Samsung I installed a SSH server,
so from my pc I can see all the folders, like your picture.

> On the Tablet:  If I pull down the notifications tab from the top of the
> screen, I see ...
>     [USB Symbol] Android System
>     Transferring media files via USB
>     Tap for other USB options
> ... and tapping produces the following list ...
>     Transferring media files
>     Transferring images
>     Connecting MIDI devices
>     None
> ... from which I have the first option selected.  If yours have
> different options selected, try changing them to be the first.

I have seen no options like those on the Samsung I tried.

Fokke

Re: How to get photo's from a Samsung to a pc?

<k2tf1fF6193U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=36608&group=comp.mobile.android#36608

From: use...@solfon.nl (Fokke Nauta)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2023 19:04:31 +0100
 by: Fokke Nauta - Thu, 19 Jan 2023 18:04 UTC

On 19/01/2023 17:54, Andy Burnelli wrote:
> Fokke Nauta wrote:
>
>>>  ����\DCIM\Camera
>>>

>> Thanks. But I could not find the DCiM folder. It simply did not show up.
>
> I suspect this is another micky troll or the iKook trolls (more likely a
> micky troll though) given the pattern that micky uses is different (but if
> the OP mentions that he is giving up on Android to go to Apple, we'll know
> that it's the iKooks' troll - otherwise is another inane micky troll).

What the heck is a micky troll?

> Another reason I suspect this is a micky troll is this has to be the third
> or fourth time in recent memory that the _same_ question has been asked
> (which is a hallmark of micky trolls more so than the iKook trolls).

I have not read all other messages to see if this question is raised as
well.

> However...
> Since I care deeply about people getting their answers, I will spend my
> valuable time and energy trying to help the OP, assuming this isn't yet
> another micky/ikook troll...
>
> To "help" the OP with his question, I first must note that nobody has this
> problem the OP is asking about, so "something" he is doing (or not doing)
> is causing what he claims to be the problem. But what?
>
> Let's assume the OP is sincere.
> Let's assume he can't find the DCIM folder.

Well, if you are in doubt about this, do me a favour and stop answering.

> My first advice would be that the folder might not exist "if" a photo was
> never taken, so, my first advice is to snap a picture.

Ofcourse many pictures have been taken and are visible on the phone.

> My second advice is most camera apps have a button on the camera app that
> goes to the folder that the camera stores the pictures in, so that people
> can instantly view the picture - so find and press that button.

We did and we have seen the pictures.

> If I take this question seriously, my third advice is that some camera apps
> can _change_ where they put the pictures, e.g., my default Samsung app asks
> me whenever I put in a new sdcard whether I want to store the photos taken
> immediately to the internal or external sdcard partitions.
>
> Hence my third advice to the OP if this is a real question is for the OP to
> confirm whether or not there is an sd card in the phone in question, and to
> confirm whether or not they're using the default Samsung camera app, and to
> confirm whether or not that default camera app settings say where they are.

Three times Yes.

> My default Samsung camera app has a line in the settings saying:
> "Storage location = SD card"
> And my "About Camera" line in the settings tells me it's this version:
> "Version 12.0.06.32 The latest version is already installed."
>
> My fourth advice is that the OP needs to find the pictures on the phone
> _before_ looking adding the PC to the mix, so my advice is for the OP to
> open up the file manager on the phone and _look_ for the DCIM directory.

I will.

> It could be in any number of places, so I ran this search to give the OP a
> URL to all those places so I don't have to write it out for him.
> <https://duckduckgo.com/?q=where+is+android+dcim+folder+located>
>
> First hit is a shill but it contains 'some' useful information.
> *Everything You Need to Know about DCIM Folder on Android*
> <https://www.tenorshare.com/android/what-does-dcim-stand-for.html>
>
> Second hit is to Android Authority, which is where I'd start.
> *How to navigate your Android phone's storage*
> <https://www.androidauthority.com/phone-storage-folders-explained-744100/>
> It has a section on how to navigate with a PC and it shows
> the common folders on Android that you'd want to navigate to.
>
> Third hit is another shill, but it contains useful information.
> *DCIM Folder Is Missing, Empty, Or Not Showing Photos*
> <https://www.minitool.com/data-recovery/dcim-folder-missing-not-showing-photos.html>

What's a shill? And I know all about the DCIM folder and pictures and
films on my own phone.

> Fourth hit seems useful too, so I'd have the OP read that second.
> *All You Need to Know About DCIM Folder and Images on Android Phone*
> <https://web4recovery.com/dcim/>
>
> Those should answer the basic questions the OP has, which will take the op
> less time to read than it took for me to write this up, so I do not want to
> hear from the OP any further questions that are ALREADY explained in those.

Well, don't bother and don't answer again.

> However, if, after reading those, the OP still has questions, then just ask
> and I will try to answer his questions faithfully to help him out as I care
> deeply that people get the answers they need for using the Android phone.

Fokke Nauta

Re: How to get photo's from a Samsung to a pc?

<k2tflqF6193U3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=36609&group=comp.mobile.android#36609

From: use...@solfon.nl (Fokke Nauta)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2023 19:15:22 +0100
 by: Fokke Nauta - Thu, 19 Jan 2023 18:15 UTC

On 19/01/2023 18:48, jetjock wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Jan 2023 14:44:49 +0100, Fokke Nauta <usenet@solfon.nl>
> wrote:

>>> Try looking under:
>>>     \DCIM\Camera
>>>

>> Thanks. But I could not find the DCiM folder. It simply did not show up.
>>
>> Fokke
>
> Not very familiar with Win10, but is it possible they have not been
> set to view hidden files?

No.

> A quick DuckDuckGo search gave me this:
> https://www.samsung.com/my/support/mobile-devices/how-to-transfer-photo-from-my-samsung-mobile-to-my-laptop/

Thanks. I'll have a look at it and try it out.

> Hope one woks for you.

Fokke Nauta

Re: How to get photo's from a Samsung to a pc?

<tqca03$oi9$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=36617&group=comp.mobile.android#36617

From: scharf.s...@geemail.com (sms)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2023 12:42:43 -0800
 by: sms - Thu, 19 Jan 2023 20:42 UTC

On 1/19/2023 5:35 AM, Java Jive wrote:
> On 19/01/2023 13:32, Fokke Nauta wrote:
>>
>> Friends of mine both have a Samsung smartphone. To be more precisely,
>> a Samsung galaxy S20FE5G and a Samsung galaxy A 51. They would like to
>> copy the picures from their phones to a Windows 10 pc. I thought it
>> would be easy and connect the phone by an USB cable to the pc. With
>> the S20FE5G I saw an internal disk and some subdirectories, under
>> which Pictures, but that one was empty. On my own Galaxy A53 pictures
>> are stored in the DCIM folder, but I wasn't able to find that one on
>> the S20FE5G.
>> How can I copy their pictures to a pc?
>> Thanks in advance.
>
> Try looking under:
>     \DCIM\Camera

I dug out my old Samsung A51 and connected to a Windows 10 PC via USB.

The only issue is that when you plug it in a message will pop up on the
phone asking if you want to allow access to the phone from the computer.
Once you agree, you'll be able to see the phone's files on the computer.
Photos will be under one of the DCIM folders (depending on whether
you're using the MicroSD card or the Internal Storage).

Don't know about the S20 FE.

Re: How to get photo's from a Samsung to a pc?

<tqcagv$vtr$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=36618&group=comp.mobile.android#36618

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2023 20:51:55 +0000
 by: Andy Burnelli - Thu, 19 Jan 2023 20:51 UTC

Fokke Nauta wrote:

> Well, don't bother and don't answer again.

Childish reply.
plonk

Re: How to get photo's from a Samsung to a pc?

<tqdec2$1b7dm$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=36684&group=comp.mobile.android#36684

From: hugyb...@gmx.ch (Joerg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2023 08:03:30 +0100
 by: Joerg Lorenz - Fri, 20 Jan 2023 07:03 UTC

Am 19.01.23 um 14:32 schrieb Fokke Nauta:
> Hi all,
>
> Friends of mine both have a Samsung smartphone. To be more precisely, a
> Samsung galaxy S20FE5G and a Samsung galaxy A 51. They would like to
> copy the picures from their phones to a Windows 10 pc. I thought it
> would be easy and connect the phone by an USB cable to the pc. With the
> S20FE5G I saw an internal disk and some subdirectories, under which
> Pictures, but that one was empty. On my own Galaxy A53 pictures are
> stored in the DCIM folder, but I wasn't able to find that one on the
> S20FE5G.
> How can I copy their pictures to a pc?
> Thanks in advance.

Use a cloud for such a task. Your provider certainly offers a cloud
where you can upload the pix and then download them to the PC.

--
Gutta cavat lapidem (Ovid)

Re: How to get photo's from a Samsung to a pc?

<tqdeh6$1b7dm$3@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=36686&group=comp.mobile.android#36686

From: hugyb...@gmx.ch (Joerg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2023 08:06:14 +0100
 by: Joerg Lorenz - Fri, 20 Jan 2023 07:06 UTC

Am 19.01.23 um 21:51 schrieb Andy Burnelli:
> Fokke Nauta wrote:
>
>> Well, don't bother and don't answer again.
>
> Childish reply.
> plonk

Adequate for your level.

--
Gutta cavat lapidem (Ovid)

Re: How to get photo's from a Samsung to a pc?

<k2vcobFf5liU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=36688&group=comp.mobile.android#36688

From: use...@solfon.nl (Fokke Nauta)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2023 12:37:47 +0100
 by: Fokke Nauta - Fri, 20 Jan 2023 11:37 UTC

On 19/01/2023 21:42, sms wrote:
> On 1/19/2023 5:35 AM, Java Jive wrote:
>> On 19/01/2023 13:32, Fokke Nauta wrote:
>>>
>>> Friends of mine both have a Samsung smartphone. To be more precisely,
>>> a Samsung galaxy S20FE5G and a Samsung galaxy A 51. They would like
>>> to copy the picures from their phones to a Windows 10 pc. I thought
>>> it would be easy and connect the phone by an USB cable to the pc.
>>> With the S20FE5G I saw an internal disk and some subdirectories,
>>> under which Pictures, but that one was empty. On my own Galaxy A53
>>> pictures are stored in the DCIM folder, but I wasn't able to find
>>> that one on the S20FE5G.
>>> How can I copy their pictures to a pc?
>>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>> Try looking under:
>>      \DCIM\Camera
>
> I dug out my old Samsung A51 and connected to a Windows 10 PC via USB.
>
> The only issue is that when you plug it in a message will pop up on the
> phone asking if you want to allow access to the phone from the computer.
> Once you agree, you'll be able to see the phone's files on the computer.
> Photos will be under one of the DCIM folders (depending on whether
> you're using the MicroSD card or the Internal Storage).
>
> Don't know about the S20 FE.

Thanks.
Next time I will check this message. Perhaps my friend ignored it.

Fokke

Re: How to get photo's from a Samsung to a pc?

<k2vcrkFf5liU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=36689&group=comp.mobile.android#36689

From: use...@solfon.nl (Fokke Nauta)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2023 12:39:33 +0100
 by: Fokke Nauta - Fri, 20 Jan 2023 11:39 UTC

On 20/01/2023 08:03, Joerg Lorenz wrote:
> Am 19.01.23 um 14:32 schrieb Fokke Nauta:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Friends of mine both have a Samsung smartphone. To be more precisely, a
>> Samsung galaxy S20FE5G and a Samsung galaxy A 51. They would like to
>> copy the picures from their phones to a Windows 10 pc. I thought it
>> would be easy and connect the phone by an USB cable to the pc. With the
>> S20FE5G I saw an internal disk and some subdirectories, under which
>> Pictures, but that one was empty. On my own Galaxy A53 pictures are
>> stored in the DCIM folder, but I wasn't able to find that one on the
>> S20FE5G.
>> How can I copy their pictures to a pc?
>> Thanks in advance.
>
> Use a cloud for such a task. Your provider certainly offers a cloud
> where you can upload the pix and then download them to the PC.

Thanks. I will have a look at that.

Fokke

Re: How to get photo's from a Samsung to a pc?

<k2vctkFf5liU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=36690&group=comp.mobile.android#36690

From: use...@solfon.nl (Fokke Nauta)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2023 12:40:37 +0100
 by: Fokke Nauta - Fri, 20 Jan 2023 11:40 UTC

On 19/01/2023 21:51, Andy Burnelli wrote:
> Fokke Nauta wrote:
>
>> Well, don't bother and don't answer again.
>
> Childish reply.
> plonk

I will filter you out of this usenet group so I won't see your shit any
more.

Re: How to get photo's from a Samsung to a pc?

<u3eq9jx56e.ln2@Telcontar.valinor>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=36693&group=comp.mobile.android#36693

From: robin_li...@es.invalid (Carlos E.R.)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2023 13:30:22 +0100
 by: Carlos E.R. - Fri, 20 Jan 2023 12:30 UTC

On 2023-01-20 12:40, Fokke Nauta wrote:
> On 19/01/2023 21:51, Andy Burnelli wrote:
>> Fokke Nauta wrote:
>>
>>> Well, don't bother and don't answer again.
>>
>> Childish reply.
>> plonk
>
> I will filter you out of this usenet group so I won't see your shit any
> more.

He is a name shifter.

--
Cheers, Carlos.

Re: How to get photo's from a Samsung to a pc?

<qheq9jx56e.ln2@Telcontar.valinor>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=36694&group=comp.mobile.android#36694

From: robin_li...@es.invalid (Carlos E.R.)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2023 13:37:46 +0100
 by: Carlos E.R. - Fri, 20 Jan 2023 12:37 UTC

On 2023-01-20 12:37, Fokke Nauta wrote:
> On 19/01/2023 21:42, sms wrote:

>>> Try looking under:
>>>      \DCIM\Camera
>>
>> I dug out my old Samsung A51 and connected to a Windows 10 PC via USB.
>>
>> The only issue is that when you plug it in a message will pop up on
>> the phone asking if you want to allow access to the phone from the
>> computer. Once you agree, you'll be able to see the phone's files on
>> the computer. Photos will be under one of the DCIM folders (depending
>> on whether you're using the MicroSD card or the Internal Storage).
>>
>> Don't know about the S20 FE.
>>

> Thanks.
> Next time I will check this message. Perhaps my friend ignored it.

If ignored, he will see nothing. No files or directories at all.

I did a quick test on my phone, which is another brand. On USB
connection, the phone asks if I want to transfer files, or if I want to
transfer photos or videos.

If selecting the second option, the view from the computer is different.
In my case, it only displays "/DCIM" and "/Pictures".

--
Cheers, Carlos.

Re: How to get photo's from a Samsung to a pc?

<k2viecFg0bsU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=36696&group=comp.mobile.android#36696

From: use...@solfon.nl (Fokke Nauta)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2023 14:14:52 +0100
 by: Fokke Nauta - Fri, 20 Jan 2023 13:14 UTC

On 20/01/2023 13:37, Carlos E.R. wrote:
> On 2023-01-20 12:37, Fokke Nauta wrote:

>>> I dug out my old Samsung A51 and connected to a Windows 10 PC via USB.
>>>
>>> The only issue is that when you plug it in a message will pop up on
>>> the phone asking if you want to allow access to the phone from the
>>> computer. Once you agree, you'll be able to see the phone's files on
>>> the computer. Photos will be under one of the DCIM folders (depending
>>> on whether you're using the MicroSD card or the Internal Storage).
>>>
>>> Don't know about the S20 FE.
>>>

>> Thanks.
>> Next time I will check this message. Perhaps my friend ignored it.
>
> If ignored, he will see nothing. No files or directories at all.

It must have been OK then, as I saw an internal disk with subdirectories.

> I did a quick test on my phone, which is another brand. On USB
> connection, the phone asks if I want to transfer files, or if I want to
> transfer photos or videos.

Perhaps I need to look at this.

> If selecting the second option, the view from the computer is different.
> In my case, it only displays "/DCIM" and "/Pictures".

Fokke

Re: How to get photo's from a Samsung to a pc?

<k2vig2Fg0bsU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=36697&group=comp.mobile.android#36697

From: use...@solfon.nl (Fokke Nauta)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2023 14:15:47 +0100
 by: Fokke Nauta - Fri, 20 Jan 2023 13:15 UTC

On 20/01/2023 13:30, Carlos E.R. wrote:
> On 2023-01-20 12:40, Fokke Nauta wrote:

>>> Childish reply.
>>> plonk
>>
>> I will filter you out of this usenet group so I won't see your shit
>> any more.
>
> He is a name shifter.

OK! Thanks.

Fokke

Re: How to get photo's from a Samsung to a pc?

<k3fetiFboa5U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=36990&group=comp.mobile.android#36990

From: use...@solfon.nl (Fokke Nauta)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2023 14:52:50 +0100
 by: Fokke Nauta - Thu, 26 Jan 2023 13:52 UTC

On 19/01/2023 14:32, Fokke Nauta wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Friends of mine both have a Samsung smartphone. To be more precisely, a
> Samsung galaxy S20FE5G and a Samsung galaxy A 51. They would like to
> copy the picures from their phones to a Windows 10 pc. I thought it
> would be easy and connect the phone by an USB cable to the pc. With the
> S20FE5G I saw an internal disk and some subdirectories, under which
> Pictures, but that one was empty. On my own Galaxy A53 pictures are
> stored in the DCIM folder, but I wasn't able to find that one on the
> S20FE5G.
> How can I copy their pictures to a pc?
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Fokke Nauta

Hi all,

Thanks your all your help and suggestions. It works fine now!

Fokke