From: malQRMas...@gmail.com (Bill Horne)
Newsgroups: comp.dcom.telecom
Subject: Why I Switched My Home Internet Back to Spectrum After Using 5G [telecom]
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2022 15:01:43 +0000
Sender: news@iecc.com
 by: Bill Horne - Sun, 6 Nov 2022 15:01 UTC

Commentary: Remote surgery or driverless cars isn't 5G's "killer app."
Right now, the most compelling 5G benefit is that it's finally giving
cable companies a fight.

By Eli Blumenthal

Over the last five years there has been, and to an extent continues to
be, plenty of hype about what 5G will do. Driverless cars, remote
surgery, the metaverse -- all buzzwords that have yet to materialize
in any real way.

One area where it has noticeably helped change our lives? It finally
provides some long-overdue competition to cable companies for home
broadband. I've been exploring whether 5G and technologies like it
(known as "fixed wireless") could replace traditional home broadband
over the past year, testing out midband solutions from Verizon and
T-Mobile, as well as millimeter-wave options like Honest Networks.

https://www.cnet.com/home/internet/why-i-switched-my-home-internet-back-to-spectrum-after-using-5g/