Dennis Ritchie is twice as bright as Steve Jobs, and only half wrong. -- Jim Gettys

computers / comp.mobile.ipad / Re: Apple publicly apologizes for celebrating its destruction of the human experience

SubjectAuthor
* Apple publicly apologizes for celebrating its destruction of the human experiencLarry Wolff
+* Re: Apple publicly apologizes for celebrating its destruction of the human experJolly Roger
> [...]
|     |     +* Re: Apple publicly apologizes for celebrating its destruction of the human experbadgolferman
|     |     |+- Re: Apple publicly apologizes for celebrating its destruction of the human experAndrew
|     |     |`* Re: Apple publicly apologizes for celebrating its destruction of the human experChris
|     |     | `- Re: Apple publicly apologizes for celebrating its destruction of the human experbadgolferman
|     |     `* Re: Apple publicly apologizes for celebrating its destruction of the human experJolly Roger
|     |      `* Re: Apple publicly apologizes for celebrating its destruction of the human experHank Rogers
|     |       `- Re: Apple publicly apologizes for celebrating its destruction of the human experbadgolferman
|     `- Re: Apple publicly apologizes for celebrating its destruction of the human experChris Schram
`- Re: Apple publicly apologizes for celebrating its destruction of the human experTyrone

Pages:12
Apple publicly apologizes for celebrating its destruction of the human experience

<v1jt7u$j6mm$1@novabbs.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3717&group=comp.mobile.ipad#3717

From: larrywo...@larrywolff.net (Larry Wolff)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad
Subject: Apple publicly apologizes for celebrating its destruction of the human experience
Date: Thu, 9 May 2024 21:28:30 -0400
 by: Larry Wolff - Fri, 10 May 2024 01:28 UTC

Apple apologizes for its iPad Pro ad
https://www.cnn.com/2024/05/09/tech/apple-apologizes-for-ipad-pro-ad/index.html
The ad celebrated Apple's destruction of human creativity and art.

Apple apologizes for iPad ad
https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2024/05/09/apple-ipad-ad-apology/
Apple apologized for destroying beloved physical tools used by artists.

https://variety.com/2024/digital/news/apple-ipad-pro-ad-criticism-hugh-grant-1235996294/
Apple has been interpreted as a visual depiction of Apple's
devastation of cultural industries, where Apple is celebrating
the destruction of the human experience.

https://adage.com/article/digital-marketing-ad-tech-news/apple-apologizes-ipad-pro-crushed-ad-it-missed-mark/2559321
Because Apple celebrated a grim representation of technology crushing the
history of human creativity, the tech giant no longer plans to run the
commercial on TV.

https://www.techradar.com/tablets/ipad/apple-scraps-ipad-pro-crushed-ad-and-issues-rare-apology-and-it-was-the-right-thing-to-do
On Thursday, Apple's VP of Marketing Communications Tor Myhren told Ad Age
it would not air the ad on TV (it's still at this writing on YouTube),

https://mashable.com/article/crush-ipad-commercial
Companies don't have to pretend they respect their customers; they just
have to get them to part with their money.

Re: Apple publicly apologizes for celebrating its destruction of the human experience

<la5h9dFn7c9U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3718&group=comp.mobile.ipad#3718

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad
Subject: Re: Apple publicly apologizes for celebrating its destruction of
the human experience
Date: 10 May 2024 03:06:21 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Fri, 10 May 2024 03:06 UTC

On 2024-05-10, Larry Wolff <larrywolff@larrywolff.net> wrote:

> The ad celebrated Apple's destruction of human creativity and art.

According to clowns and trolls.

JR

Re: Apple publicly apologizes for celebrating its destruction of the human experience

<v1kf99$3c8l$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3719&group=comp.mobile.ipad#3719

From: chrisp...@me.com (Chris Schram)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad
the human experience
Date: Fri, 10 May 2024 06:36:25 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Chris Schram - Fri, 10 May 2024 06:36 UTC

On 2024-05-10, Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote:
> On 2024-05-10, Larry Wolff <larrywolff@larrywolff.net> wrote:
>>
>> The ad celebrated Apple's destruction of human creativity and art.
>
> According to clowns and trolls.

I found the ad visually stunning on one level, but pretty creepy on
another. Overall, not the best way to tout the iPad's artistic
versatility.

--
chrispam1@me.com is an infrequently monitored address. Email may get lost.
Networking: What happens when, for as long as a moment, billions of

Re: Apple publicly apologizes for celebrating its destruction of the human experience

<v1kglq$3dgv$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3720&group=comp.mobile.ipad#3720

From: chrisp...@me.com (Chris Schram)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad
the human experience
Date: Fri, 10 May 2024 07:00:10 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Chris Schram - Fri, 10 May 2024 07:00 UTC

On 2024-05-10, Chris Schram <chrispam1@me.com> wrote:
> On 2024-05-10, Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote:
>> On 2024-05-10, Larry Wolff <larrywolff@larrywolff.net> wrote:
>>>
>>> The ad celebrated Apple's destruction of human creativity and art.
>>
>> According to clowns and trolls.
>
> I found the ad visually stunning on one level, but pretty creepy on
> another. Overall, not the best way to tout the iPad's artistic
> versatility.

I neglected to include the link to Stephen Colbert's grisly parody of
Apple's ad:

<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FHTbsxx9JQ>

--
chrispam1@me.com is an infrequently monitored address. Email may get lost.
Networking: What happens when, for as long as a moment, billions of
things simultaneously fail to go wrong. -- Dan Farkas, 3/3/2007

Re: Apple publicly apologizes for celebrating its destruction of the human experience

<xn0olnjgm2k99xp000@post.eweka.nl>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3721&group=comp.mobile.ipad#3721

From: bluesh...@eweka.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad
Date: Fri, 10 May 2024 09:59:06 GMT
 by: Blueshirt - Fri, 10 May 2024 09:59 UTC

Chris Schram wrote:

> On 2024-05-10, Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote:
> > On 2024-05-10, Larry Wolff <larrywolff@larrywolff.net> wrote:
> > >
> >> The ad celebrated Apple's destruction of human creativity
> >> and art.
> >
> > According to clowns and trolls.
>
> I found the ad visually stunning on one level, but pretty
> creepy on another. Overall, not the best way to tout the
> iPad's artistic versatility.

It looked good and I could see what they were trying to convey,
but at the end of the day it was just an advert...

People these days seem easily triggered and want to complain
about everything.

Re: Apple publicly apologizes for celebrating its destruction of the human experience

<v1kujr$3m9r$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3722&group=comp.mobile.ipad#3722

From: REMOVETH...@gmail.com (badgolferman)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad
Subject: Re: Apple publicly apologizes for celebrating its
destruction of the human experience
Date: Fri, 10 May 2024 10:58:03 -0000 (UTC)
 by: badgolferman - Fri, 10 May 2024 10:58 UTC

Blueshirt <blueshirt@eweka.news> wrote:

> People these days seem easily triggered and want to complain
> about everything.

The bigger problem is that these people are given the power to do that by
taking them seriously.

Re: Apple publicly apologizes for celebrating its destruction of the human experience

<xfn%N.61466$nQv.47511@fx10.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3723&group=comp.mobile.ipad#3723

Subject: Re: Apple publicly apologizes for celebrating its destruction of the
human experience
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad
From: bitbuc...@blackhole.com (Alan Browne)
Date: Fri, 10 May 2024 07:09:17 -0400
 by: Alan Browne - Fri, 10 May 2024 11:09 UTC

On 2024-05-10 02:36, Chris Schram wrote:
> On 2024-05-10, Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote:
>> On 2024-05-10, Larry Wolff <larrywolff@larrywolff.net> wrote:
>>>
>>> The ad celebrated Apple's destruction of human creativity and art.
>>
>> According to clowns and trolls.
>
> I found the ad visually stunning on one level, but pretty creepy on
> another. Overall, not the best way to tout the iPad's artistic
> versatility.

Apple blew it.

That said, those "reacting" to it overblew their reaction too.

(And of course there is no such thing as bad publicity, so the whole
blowup just gains more attention to the M4 iPad Pro).

--
“Patriotism is when love of your own people comes first;
nationalism, when hate for people other than your own comes first.”

Re: Apple publicly apologizes for celebrating its destruction of the human experience

<%fn%N.61467$nQv.54170@fx10.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3724&group=comp.mobile.ipad#3724

human experience
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad
From: bitbuc...@blackhole.com (Alan Browne)
Date: Fri, 10 May 2024 07:09:47 -0400

On 2024-05-10 03:00, Chris Schram wrote:
> On 2024-05-10, Chris Schram <chrispam1@me.com> wrote:

>>> According to clowns and trolls.
>>
>> I found the ad visually stunning on one level, but pretty creepy on
>> another. Overall, not the best way to tout the iPad's artistic
>> versatility.
>
> I neglected to include the link to Stephen Colbert's grisly parody of
> Apple's ad:
>
> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FHTbsxx9JQ>

I'll look at that later - love his takes.

--
“Patriotism is when love of your own people comes first;
nationalism, when hate for people other than your own comes first.”
- Charles de Gaulle.

Re: Apple publicly apologizes for celebrating its destruction of the human experience

<eI6dnb01GvuLvqP7nZ2dnZfqn_GdnZ2d@supernews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3725&group=comp.mobile.ipad#3725

From: non...@none.none (Tyrone)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.ipad,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Fri, 10 May 2024 13:37:26 +0000
 by: Tyrone - Fri, 10 May 2024 13:37 UTC

On May 9, 2024 at 9:28:30 PM EDT, "Larry Wolff" <larrywolff@larrywolff.net>
wrote:

> Apple apologizes for its iPad Pro ad
> https://www.cnn.com/2024/05/09/tech/apple-apologizes-for-ipad-pro-ad/index.html
> The ad celebrated Apple's destruction of human creativity and art.

People still watch commercials? How quaint.

Re: Apple publicly apologizes for celebrating its destruction of the human experience

<v1lcda$1djnk$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3726&group=comp.mobile.ipad#3726

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad
human experience
Date: Fri, 10 May 2024 07:53:30 -0700
 by: Alan - Fri, 10 May 2024 14:53 UTC

On 2024-05-10 02:59, Blueshirt wrote:
> Chris Schram wrote:

>>> According to clowns and trolls.
>>
>> I found the ad visually stunning on one level, but pretty
>> creepy on another. Overall, not the best way to tout the
>> iPad's artistic versatility.
>
> It looked good and I could see what they were trying to convey,
> but at the end of the day it was just an advert...
>
> People these days seem easily triggered and want to complain
> about everything.

Amen.

Re: Apple publicly apologizes for celebrating its destruction of the human experience

<la77k6FknjU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3727&group=comp.mobile.ipad#3727

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad
the human experience
Date: 10 May 2024 18:33:42 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Fri, 10 May 2024 18:33 UTC

On 2024-05-10, Chris Schram <chrispam1@me.com> wrote:
> On 2024-05-10, Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote:
>> On 2024-05-10, Larry Wolff <larrywolff@larrywolff.net> wrote:
>>>
>>> The ad celebrated Apple's destruction of human creativity and art.
>>
>> According to clowns and trolls.
>
> I found the ad visually stunning on one level, but pretty creepy on
> another. Overall, not the best way to tout the iPad's artistic
> versatility.

I usually tune out Apple advertisements during their announcements (and
I generally avoid watching advertisements in general anyway). I was
indifferent to it when I watched it again, and I don't take anyone
claiming to be offended by it very seriously. It's just an ad.

JR

Re: Apple publicly apologizes for celebrating its destruction of the human experience

<_Xu%N.61472$nQv.26333@fx10.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3728&group=comp.mobile.ipad#3728

human experience
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad
From: bitbuc...@blackhole.com (Alan Browne)
Date: Fri, 10 May 2024 15:54:34 -0400
 by: Alan Browne - Fri, 10 May 2024 19:54 UTC

On 2024-05-10 07:09, Alan Browne wrote:
> On 2024-05-10 03:00, Chris Schram wrote:

>>> I found the ad visually stunning on one level, but pretty creepy on
>>> another. Overall, not the best way to tout the iPad's artistic
>>> versatility.
>>
>> I neglected to include the link to Stephen Colbert's grisly parody of
>> Apple's ad:
>>
>> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FHTbsxx9JQ>
>
> I'll look at that later - love his takes.

Nasty ...

--
“Patriotism is when love of your own people comes first;
nationalism, when hate for people other than your own comes first.”
- Charles de Gaulle.

Re: Apple publicly apologizes for celebrating its destruction of the human experience

<v1m3li$2l3a$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3729&group=comp.mobile.ipad#3729

From: and...@spam.net (Andrew)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad
Date: Fri, 10 May 2024 21:30:26 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Andrew - Fri, 10 May 2024 21:30 UTC

Jolly Roger wrote on 10 May 2024 18:33:42 GMT :

>> I found the ad visually stunning on one level, but pretty creepy on
>> another. Overall, not the best way to tout the iPad's artistic
>> versatility.
>
> I usually tune out Apple advertisements during their announcements (and
> I generally avoid watching advertisements in general anyway). I was
> indifferent to it when I watched it again, and I don't take anyone
> claiming to be offended by it very seriously. It's just an ad.

Given all your statements about Apple come from Apple advertisements, I
find it not believable that you (or any of the Apple religious nuts) don't
get all your information about Apple only from Apple's advertisements, JR.

For years, for example, you Apple religious nutcases claimed iOS is more
secure even as the iPhone is the most exploited phone in history.

https://www.cisa.gov/known-exploited-vulnerabilities-catalog

Re: Apple publicly apologizes for celebrating its destruction of the human experience

<v1m3ru$1iura$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3730&group=comp.mobile.ipad#3730

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad
human experience
Date: Fri, 10 May 2024 14:33:50 -0700
 by: Alan - Fri, 10 May 2024 21:33 UTC

On 2024-05-10 14:30, Andrew wrote:
> Jolly Roger wrote on 10 May 2024 18:33:42 GMT :
>
>>> I found the ad visually stunning on one level, but pretty creepy on
>>> another. Overall, not the best way to tout the iPad's artistic
>>> versatility.
>>
>> I usually tune out Apple advertisements during their announcements (and
>> I generally avoid watching advertisements in general anyway). I was
>> indifferent to it when I watched it again, and I don't take anyone
>> claiming to be offended by it very seriously. It's just an ad.
>
> Given all your statements about Apple come from Apple advertisements,

LOL!

Re: Apple publicly apologizes for celebrating its destruction of the human experience

<v1m6ip$1jkki$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3731&group=comp.mobile.ipad#3731

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.ipad,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Sat, 11 May 2024 10:20:10 +1200
 by: Your Name - Fri, 10 May 2024 22:20 UTC

On 2024-05-10 09:59:06 +0000, Blueshirt said:
> Chris Schram wrote:

>>> According to clowns and trolls.
>>
>> I found the ad visually stunning on one level, but pretty
>> creepy on another. Overall, not the best way to tout the
>> iPad's artistic versatility.
>
> It looked good and I could see what they were trying to convey,
> but at the end of the day it was just an advert...
>
> People these days seem easily triggered and want to complain
> about everything.

Yep. And the bigger problem is that big companies and governments keep
behind over backwards to appease these very few complaining idiots. :-(

Re: Apple publicly apologizes for celebrating its destruction of the human experience

<la7ktkF2ibsU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3732&group=comp.mobile.ipad#3732

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad
the human experience
Date: 10 May 2024 22:20:36 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Fri, 10 May 2024 22:20 UTC

On 2024-05-10, Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com> wrote:

>>> I usually tune out Apple advertisements during their announcements
>>> (and I generally avoid watching advertisements in general anyway). I
>>> was indifferent to it when I watched it again, and I don't take
>>> anyone claiming to be offended by it very seriously. It's just an
>>> ad.
>>
>> Given all your statements about Apple come from Apple advertisements,
>
> LOL!

Arlen's a fucking clown. Imagine going through life spending literal
hours every single day trolling newsgroups and forums of companies you
hold an irrational hatred for, insulting people you don't even know just
because they dare to use products from that company you have a raging
little hate boner for. The unrelenting dedication Arlen has to pure
hatred must be mentally exhausting and sadly "rewarding" in the absence
of anything else constructive going on in his pitiful life. What a sad
excuse of a human being he is. A real shame.

JR

Re: Apple publicly apologizes for celebrating its destruction of the human experience

<v1m6mu$474e$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3733&group=comp.mobile.ipad#3733

From: chrisp...@me.com (Chris Schram)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad
human experience
Date: Fri, 10 May 2024 22:22:22 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Chris Schram - Fri, 10 May 2024 22:22 UTC

On Fri, 10 May 2024 14:33:50 -0700, Alan wrote:

>>> I usually tune out Apple advertisements during their announcements
>>> (and I generally avoid watching advertisements in general anyway). I
>>> was indifferent to it when I watched it again, and I don't take anyone
>>> claiming to be offended by it very seriously. It's just an ad.
>>
>> Given all your statements about Apple come from Apple advertisements,
>
> LOL!

Well, now that Arlen has entered the room, I suppose this conversation is
over. So I guess It's now OK to broaden the discussion, and eventually
drag it far off-topic.

In an online article commenting on the recent Apple ad, it was hinted that
videos of various objects being crushed by a hydraulic press has become
some sort of social media meme, perhaps a logical successor to "Will It
Blend." Perhaps I lead a sheltered life, but I have not viewed other such
videos. That would make Apple's ad a humorous (?!) parody of an existing
meme. I'll bet the committee that dreamed it up had a great laugh.

I'm really overthinking this, but the more I overthink it, the concept of
crushing traditional creativity tools to splinters and goo, before
compressing them into an iPad, seems not the very best way to advertise
the iPad's creativity tools.

So Stephen Colbert's parody is a parody of a parody of a social media
meme. My brain hurts!

--
chrispam1@me.com is an infrequently monitored address. Email may get lost.
Networking: What happens when, for as long as a moment, billions of
things simultaneously fail to go wrong. -- Dan Farkas, 3/3/2007

Re: Apple publicly apologizes for celebrating its destruction of the human experience

<la7ldtF2ibsU4@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3734&group=comp.mobile.ipad#3734

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad
the human experience
Date: 10 May 2024 22:29:17 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Fri, 10 May 2024 22:29 UTC

On 2024-05-10, Chris Schram <chrispam1@me.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 10 May 2024 14:33:50 -0700, Alan wrote:

>>> Given all your statements about Apple come from Apple advertisements,
>>
>> LOL!
>
> Well, now that Arlen has entered the room, I suppose this conversation is
> over. So I guess It's now OK to broaden the discussion, and eventually
> drag it far off-topic.
>
> In an online article commenting on the recent Apple ad, it was hinted that
> videos of various objects being crushed by a hydraulic press has become
> some sort of social media meme, perhaps a logical successor to "Will It
> Blend." Perhaps I lead a sheltered life, but I have not viewed other such
> videos. That would make Apple's ad a humorous (?!) parody of an existing
> meme. I'll bet the committee that dreamed it up had a great laugh.

I mean other companies have made similar commercials for many years.
Strangely, the internet didn't melt down over them. But this is Apple,
so...

> I'm really overthinking this, but the more I overthink it, the concept of
> crushing traditional creativity tools to splinters and goo, before
> compressing them into an iPad, seems not the very best way to advertise
> the iPad's creativity tools.

It's a light-hearted advertisement, and nothing more. People reading too
much into it is exactly how we got here in the first place.

> So Stephen Colbert's parody is a parody of a parody of a social media
> meme. My brain hurts!

I think Social media is nothing without parodies.

JR

Re: Apple publicly apologizes for celebrating its destruction of the human experience

<v1mq6m$1kfe$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3735&group=comp.mobile.ipad#3735

From: and...@spam.net (Andrew)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad
Date: Sat, 11 May 2024 03:55:02 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Andrew - Sat, 11 May 2024 03:55 UTC

Jolly Roger wrote on 10 May 2024 22:20:36 GMT :

> Imagine going through life...

Imagine going through life defending everything Apple to the death.

You'll lie about Apple when it suits your needs to protect Apple.
You'll call everyone who tells a truth about Apple a troll, JR.
You'll brazenly fabricate imaginary functionality for Apple, JR.

You have no honor, no shame, no regard for the truth, Jolly Roger.
Your only goal in life is to defend everything Apple to the death.

Re: Apple publicly apologizes for celebrating its destruction of the human experience

<v1mq6n$1kfe$2@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3736&group=comp.mobile.ipad#3736

From: and...@spam.net (Andrew)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad
Date: Sat, 11 May 2024 03:55:03 -0000 (UTC)

Jolly Roger wrote on 10 May 2024 22:29:17 GMT :

> It's a light-hearted advertisement, and nothing more. People reading too
> much into it is exactly how we got here in the first place.

Since you get all your information only from Apple advertisements, it's why
for a decade it has been clear you know absolutely nothing about iOS, JR.

For example, for years you claimed Apple fully updated old releases.

Since that has never been true, you either lied, or more likely, you
believed what Apple implied in its (rather clever) advertisements.

Given you have no education, imagine someone going through life whose only
goal is to defend everything Apple which is done through advertisements.

Re: Apple publicly apologizes for celebrating its destruction of the human experience

<la8asoF5lsiU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3737&group=comp.mobile.ipad#3737

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad
the human experience
Date: 11 May 2024 04:35:37 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Sat, 11 May 2024 04:35 UTC

On 2024-05-11, Andrew <andrew@spam.net> wrote:
> Jolly Roger wrote on 10 May 2024 22:20:36 GMT :
>
>> Imagine going through life...
>
> Imagine going through life defending everything Apple to the death.

Imagine thinking adults won't notice this obvious troll tactic where
little Arlen is *desperately* trying to deflect from the fact that he
nym switches in order to troll and avoid filtering.

JR

Re: Apple publicly apologizes for celebrating its destruction of the human experience

<la8avaF5lsiU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3738&group=comp.mobile.ipad#3738

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad
the human experience
Date: 11 May 2024 04:36:58 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Sat, 11 May 2024 04:36 UTC

On 2024-05-11, Andrew <andrew@spam.net> wrote:
> Jolly Roger wrote on 10 May 2024 22:29:17 GMT :
>
>> It's a light-hearted advertisement, and nothing more. People reading
>> too much into it is exactly how we got here in the first place.
>
> Since you get all your information only from Apple advertisements

Poor, little Arlen. He repeats himself endlessly because he has no
original thoughts - just lies and hate.

JR

Re: Apple publicly apologizes for celebrating its destruction of the human experience

<v1nf49$4usp$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3739&group=comp.mobile.ipad#3739

From: chrisp...@me.com (Chris Schram)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad
human experience
Date: Sat, 11 May 2024 09:52:09 -0000 (UTC)
DE6NDg6M DMrMDA6MDANZGF0ZTptb2RpZnk6MjAyMy0wNy0xNlQwMTo0ODowMy
swMDowMG3KRGcAAA AMUExURQAAAACWOe0uOP///wD3BQQAAABWSURBVCjPzdG
xDYAwDAVRL+l9WMI9TSS4FBm B0aBCHEX6/O5JJ6dI3Foshi203TgM3OEOd7jD
HfTvUeAyhtGnGLMDv9Mt3wWUcKbQjBJU ZTSjjIX/9AEqAqKznSGB+QAAAABJR
U5ErkJggg==
 by: Chris Schram - Sat, 11 May 2024 09:52 UTC

On Fri, 10 May 2024 22:22:22 -0000 (UTC), Chris Schram wrote:

> On Fri, 10 May 2024 14:33:50 -0700, Alan wrote:

>>> Given all your statements about Apple come from Apple advertisements,
>>
>> LOL!
>
> Well, now that Arlen has entered the room, I suppose this conversation
> is over. So I guess It's now OK to broaden the discussion, and
> eventually drag it far off-topic.
>
> In an online article commenting on the recent Apple ad, it was hinted
> that videos of various objects being crushed by a hydraulic press has
> become some sort of social media meme, perhaps a logical successor to
> "Will It Blend." Perhaps I lead a sheltered life, but I have not viewed
> other such videos. That would make Apple's ad a humorous (?!) parody of
> an existing meme. I'll bet the committee that dreamed it up had a great
> laugh.
>
> I'm really overthinking this, but the more I overthink it, the concept
> of crushing traditional creativity tools to splinters and goo, before
> compressing them into an iPad, seems not the very best way to advertise
> the iPad's creativity tools.

And one more thing. Then I'll slip away back into lurker-land: I have seen
two separate comments about the ad that suggest it conveys its point
better, and adds a needed touch of humor, when played backwards. I tried
it.

I left the soundtrack and ending text screen running normally, and
reversed everything else. I also cut out about three seconds of closeup
of the multicolored goo. It mostly works.

The agency could do a better job of it than I did in a few minutes with
iMovie, and make the ad suitable for TV. Or maybe it's too late for that
now.

--
chrispam1@me.com is an infrequently monitored address. Email may get lost.
Networking: What happens when, for as long as a moment, billions of
things simultaneously fail to go wrong. -- Dan Farkas, 3/3/2007

Re: Apple publicly apologizes for celebrating its destruction of the human experience

<v1nhdo$200b3$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3740&group=comp.mobile.ipad#3740

From: ithink...@gmail.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.ipad,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
destruction of the human experience
Date: Sat, 11 May 2024 10:31:20 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:cF1pSImTxACDn1aor3gzwk9Xo14=
 by: Chris - Sat, 11 May 2024 10:31 UTC

Andrew <andrew@spam.net> wrote:
> Jolly Roger wrote on 10 May 2024 22:20:36 GMT :
>
>> Imagine going through life...
>
> Imagine going through life defending everything Apple to the death.

Imagine going through life trying to do the opposite..

... and failing. I handed your arse to you the other day and you went
strangely quiet for a couple of days. Which is VERY unlike you.

Re: Apple publicly apologizes for celebrating its destruction of the human experience

<v1o7p4$d3j$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3741&group=comp.mobile.ipad#3741

From: and...@spam.net (Andrew)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.ipad,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Sat, 11 May 2024 16:52:53 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Andrew - Sat, 11 May 2024 16:52 UTC

Chris wrote on Sat, 11 May 2024 10:31:20 -0000 (UTC) :

> Imagine going through life trying to do the opposite...

What I do here is point out the facts to you religious zealots.