From: nos...@nospam.net (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Subject: Re: seamless updates
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2023 17:17:06 +0000
 by: Andy Burnelli - Sat, 4 Feb 2023 17:17 UTC

nospam wrote:

>> I never thought about this much because the total time for an update
>> doesn't differ much, in fact if you don't allow the iOS update to
>> download before the update it can actually take longer than an Android
>> update because of the way that iOS does updates.
>
> your attempt to twist things fails.

If you're intelligent, you'll understand the facts I present below for your
edification; however, if you are a low-IQ uneducated person... you won't.

I doubt nospam (who knows nothing about how operating systems update) is
aware that if Apple is told of a zero-day hole in Safari, that an _entire_
new iOS subversion has to be built to fix it. *Every single bug*.

Meanwhile, for _every_ other (non primitive monolithic) operating system...

If a bug in Microsoft's Edge browser, or one in Google's Chrome browser is
found, _only_ the browser app itself needs to be updated.

*Not the entire OS* (with a new subversion).

I doubt anyone on this ng even _understands_ the significance of how
_seamless_ operating systems not iOS are in _layers_ seamlessly updating.

Paradoxically, the _reason_ people like Steve & nospam are ignorant that
all other common consumer operating systems update in _layers_ is a direct
result of how _seamless_ those layered updates truly are.

> the download happens in the background, which means no additional time
> is needed.

Almost all of Android, is updated over the Google Framework, seamlessly,
and completely independently of whatever subversion the OS currently has.

It's so seamless, users are usually completely unaware of layered updates!
<https://i.postimg.cc/fyRfSJqt/gpprotect03.jpg> Seamless App Updates

Just like the anti-virus scan on Android is completely seamless - so
seamless that people are generally completely unaware it runs every day.
<https://i.postimg.cc/vBzvmWhw/gpprotect02.jpg> Seamless AV Scans
--
My goal is always twofold on this newsgroup, one of which is to disseminate
useful information while being open to learning from others - and the other