From: nos...@nospam.net (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Subject: Is iOS crippled? Please name a single useful iOS app functionality not on Android
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2023 17:30:39 +0000
 by: Andy Burnelli - Mon, 6 Feb 2023 17:30 UTC

It's they biggest difference between the platforms: Is iOS crippled or not?

If not, name a single useful iOS app functionality not on Android
*Name just one*

The app functionality should work on iOS (all by its itty bitty self).
It must be generally useful and published on the Apple App Store.

An example of functionality would be 'newsreaders' or 'news' apps.
Both of which are on Android and iOS so they're not impossible on either.

Neither is a "findmy" app, which, while you may prefer any one app over the
other, they abound on both platforms, which is because Apple allows them.

Remember, the _reason_ iOS is crippled is because Apple cripples the App
Store. Google can't

An example of NOT functionality would be meaningless trademarks.

Anyone intelligent knows brand names & trademarks are meaningless in terms
of what true functionality is (although that's all nospam can paste).

The reason the answer to this question matters is that the fact iOS is
crippled in app functionality is the single biggest difference there is.

There is _plenty_ of app functionality on Android which is _not_ on iOS.
Examples would be gps spoofing, automatic call recording & system-wide
on-device firewalls, just to name three useful app functionalities.

I realize the iKooks _hate_ this question more than any other.
Because it puts to the lie everything they claim about iOS.

But I only care about the facts.
If "they" _could_ name an iOS app functionality - "they" would,.
*But "they" never have.*

I suspect they can't.
All they can do is sputter that "something" might exist out there.

And it may exist in the Apple app store.
But what it is then?

I truly care to nail the answer to this one question down, as that answer
proves what is the fundamental difference between the two platforms.

If you can name an iOS app functionality which is either native on iOS or
which is currently in the App Store that you believe is not (usually five
years ago already) native or in Android app repositories, then name it.

I am not asking for nospam to desperately search for all the meaningless
Apple trademarks he can find and then paste that list as his "proof".

I'm asking for an intelligent person, who actually believes there is
something (anything!) on iOS not (often long ago) on Android to name it.
*Name Just One*

Re: Is iOS crippled? Please name a single useful iOS app functionality not on Android

<ts7rsh$1s751$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=37644&group=comp.mobile.android#37644

From: nos...@nospam.net (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2023 05:50:07 -0500
 by: Andy Burnelli - Sat, 11 Feb 2023 10:50 UTC

Hank Rogers wrote:

> What apps? Will they get rid of itunes and give us something
> better? I don't care about the apple music shit though. I only use
> itunes to make backups. It does work for that.

How do you re-install an app (or app subversion) that is no longer on the
Apple App store and which you didn't already back up using that iTunes?

Answer: *You can't*

Hint: On every other operating system (other than crippled iOS), you can.

I wonder if Steve has _that_ critical difference in his spreadsheet...