From: dnomh...@gmx.com (Richmond)
Newsgroups: comp.misc
Subject: AI superhuman cognition
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2024 19:05:58 +0100
 by: Richmond - Thu, 11 Apr 2024 18:05 UTC

"OpenAI and Meta are on the brink of releasing new artificial
intelligence models that they say will be capable of reasoning and
planning, critical steps towards achieving superhuman cognition in
machines."

https://www.ft.com/content/78834fd4-c4d1-4bab-bc40-a64ad9d65e0d

:-O

Re: AI superhuman cognition

<reason-20240411203339@ram.dialup.fu-berlin.de>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3742&group=comp.misc#3742

From: ram...@zedat.fu-berlin.de (Stefan Ram)
Newsgroups: comp.misc
Subject: Re: AI superhuman cognition
Date: 11 Apr 2024 19:33:59 GMT
 by: Stefan Ram - Thu, 11 Apr 2024 19:33 UTC

Richmond <dnomhcir@gmx.com> wrote or quoted:
>"OpenAI and Meta are on the brink of releasing new artificial
>intelligence models that they say will be capable of reasoning and
>planning, critical steps towards achieving superhuman cognition in
>machines."

It seems an ordinary chatbot from the Web already is capable
of this. Me,

|There are two cards lying on a table. Please make a plan how
|to pick up the lower card when you can only ever lift one
|card at one time.

, chatbot,

|To pick up the lower card when you can only ever lift one
|card at a time, you can follow this plan:
| |1. Lift the upper card and place it aside, exposing the lower
|card.
| |2. Now that the lower card is accessible, lift and pick up the
|lower card.
| |The key steps are:
| |1. Remove the obstacle (the upper card) to access the target
|card (the lower card).
| |2. Pick up the target card (the lower card).
| |This plan ensures that you can pick up the lower card by first
|removing the upper card, which is blocking access to the lower
|card. By lifting the cards one at a time, you can successfully
|pick up the lower card without violating the constraint of
|only being able to lift one card at a time.

.

Re: AI superhuman cognition

<slrnv1gg5a.81l.bencollver@svadhyaya.localdomain>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3743&group=comp.misc#3743

From: bencoll...@tilde.pink (Ben Collver)
Newsgroups: comp.misc
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2024 20:04:21 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Ben Collver - Thu, 11 Apr 2024 20:04 UTC

On 2024-04-11, Richmond <dnomhcir@gmx.com> wrote:
> "OpenAI and Meta are on the brink of releasing new artificial
> intelligence models that they say will be capable of reasoning and
> planning, critical steps towards achieving superhuman cognition in
> machines."
>
> https://www.ft.com/content/78834fd4-c4d1-4bab-bc40-a64ad9d65e0d
>
>:-O

Here's where OpenAI is getting all that intelligence from:

As I think I have mentioned before, I have the world's lamest content
farm at <https://www.web.sp.am/>. Click on a link or two and you'll
get the idea.

Unfortunately, GPTBot has found it and has not gotten the idea. It has
fetched over 3 million pages today. Before someone tells me to fix my
robots.txt, this is a content farm so rather than being one web site
with 6,859,000,000 pages, it is 6,859,000,000 web sites each with one
page. Of those 3 million page fetches, 1.8 million were for robots.txt.

It's not like it's hard to figure out what's going on since the pages
all look nearly the same, and they're all on the same IP address with
the same wildcard SSL certificate.

Amazon's spider got stuck there a month or two ago but fortunately I was
able to find someone to pass the word and it stopped. Got any contacts
at OpenAI?

R's,
John

PS: If you were wondering what they're using to train GPT-5, well, now
you know.

<https://mailman.nanog.org/pipermail/nanog/2024-April/225407.html>

Re: AI superhuman cognition

<gh6i1j1ajcte59crv5r2ivgsgrutsegc0i@dim53.demon.nl>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3751&group=comp.misc#3751

From: k.n...@nospam.demon.nl (Kees Nuyt)
Newsgroups: comp.misc
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2024 13:36:31 +0200
 by: Kees Nuyt - Fri, 12 Apr 2024 11:36 UTC

On Thu, 11 Apr 2024 20:04:21 -0000 (UTC), Ben Collver
<bencollver@tilde.pink> wrote:

> Got any contacts at OpenAI?

No, and they will not respond to most of us. They are too busy
wasting energy.

Instead, use IPtables with "limit".

And fix your robots.txt :D
(the relevant lines are commented out)

Another idea: feed garbage to the bots.
--
Kees Nuyt

Re: AI superhuman cognition

<342fc096-1ff3-4136-b085-65a17bd8474c@scorecrow.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3839&group=comp.misc#3839

From: 07....@scorecrow.com (Bruce Horrocks)
Newsgroups: comp.misc
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2024 22:47:22 +0100
 by: Bruce Horrocks - Sun, 21 Apr 2024 21:47 UTC

On 11/04/2024 21:04, Ben Collver wrote:
> On 2024-04-11, Richmond <dnomhcir@gmx.com> wrote:
>> "OpenAI and Meta are on the brink of releasing new artificial
>> intelligence models that they say will be capable of reasoning and
>> planning, critical steps towards achieving superhuman cognition in
>> machines."
>>
>> https://www.ft.com/content/78834fd4-c4d1-4bab-bc40-a64ad9d65e0d
>>
>> :-O
>
> Here's where OpenAI is getting all that intelligence from:
>
> As I think I have mentioned before, I have the world's lamest content
> farm at <https://www.web.sp.am/>. Click on a link or two and you'll
> get the idea.

Can I mirror it?

;-)