From: nos...@nospam.net (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Have you run into the App Manager Keystore when installing APKs on Android?
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2023 22:39:22 +0000
 by: Andy Burnelli - Sat, 11 Feb 2023 22:39 UTC

Have you run into the App Manager Keystore before when installing APKs?
<https://i.postimg.cc/Fz12L45N/appmgrkeystore-01.jpg> App Mgr KeyStore

I was setting up WhatsApp to work with chat, images & voice dialing
without needing any contacts so I had a bunch of APKs I was clicking on.
<com.applaudsoft.wabi.wad>
<com.trianguloy.openInWhatsapp>
<com.andrd.wadirectmessage>
<me.shrimadhavuk.watransmitter>
<com.applaudsoft.wabi.wad-10601.apk>
etc.
Some of which are no longer on the Google Play Store repository.

Normally I install an APK using the default Android Package Installer
but I accidentally hit the Github App Manager installer instead.
<https://github.com/MuntashirAkon/AppManager>

The Package Manager installed the app just fine, but what popped up was:
"KeyStore: The following is the App Manager KeyStore password.
Please store it in a secure place if you're going to back up/restore
App Manager KeyStore. This message will not be displayed again."

I don't see anything about that keystore in the F-Droid description.
<https://f-droid.org/packages/io.github.muntashirakon.AppManager/>

Nor in the GitHub readme file for the App Manager installer.
<https://github.com/MuntashirAkon/AppManager#readme>

It's not a big deal, but this is, bar none, the _best_ app manager out
there, so maybe someone else knows more than I do about what this is?
--
Posted out of the goodness of my heart to disseminate useful information
which, in this case, is to ask a detailed question about the KeyStore.