From: ram...@zedat.fu-berlin.de (Stefan Ram)
Newsgroups: comp.misc
Subject: Screen Time Restrictions
Date: 15 Apr 2024 15:36:53 GMT
 by: Stefan Ram - Mon, 15 Apr 2024 15:36 UTC

stan wrote in the Android newsgroup
(cross-posting it into the most absurd other newsgroups):
|wo years ago, they both tried Apple's Screen Time
|restriction tool and found it too easy to disable,

Even though "stan" totally yeeted this topic into newsgroups
where it didn't belong, the text he sent up actually raises
an interesting question:

Take for example when I tell my computer, "Alright,
if I wanna turn on the screen tomorrow, make sure it stays off,
no matter what I say!"

Then the next day, I'm like, "Forget what I said yesterday,
turn that screen on right now!"

So what's the poor computer supposed to do, huh? Follow one order
or the other? Good luck tryin' to figure that one out!

Re: Screen Time Restrictions

<l853auFi06hU5@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3773&group=comp.misc#3773

From: news0...@eager.cx (Bob Eager)
Newsgroups: comp.misc
Subject: Re: Screen Time Restrictions
Date: 15 Apr 2024 16:35:42 GMT
 by: Bob Eager - Mon, 15 Apr 2024 16:35 UTC

On Mon, 15 Apr 2024 15:36:53 +0000, Stefan Ram wrote:

> stan wrote in the Android newsgroup (cross-posting it into the most
> absurd other newsgroups):
> |wo years ago, they both tried Apple's Screen Time |restriction tool and
> found it too easy to disable,
>
> Even though "stan" totally yeeted this topic into newsgroups where it
> didn't belong, the text he sent up actually raises an interesting
> question:
>
> Take for example when I tell my computer, "Alright,
> if I wanna turn on the screen tomorrow, make sure it stays off, no
> matter what I say!"
>
> Then the next day, I'm like, "Forget what I said yesterday,
> turn that screen on right now!"
>
> So what's the poor computer supposed to do, huh? Follow one order or
> the other? Good luck tryin' to figure that one out!

Given that too much screen time is bad for you, the Three Laws of Robotics
make the answer very clear.

--
Using UNIX since v6 (1975)...

Use the BIG mirror service in the UK: