From: jaugust...@verizon.net
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Samsung Galaxy A11 Bootup Issue after Last Update
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2023 10:37:28 -0500
 by: jaugust...@verizon.net - Fri, 17 Feb 2023 15:37 UTC

Hi,

I have a Samsung Galaxy A11 Tracfone.

After the last update (auto updates, can NOT disable), a MAJOR ISSUE
occurred. Sometimes, when I bootup the phone, it "freezes" during bootup.
Holding the power button has NO affect the first or second time. Eventually,
I am able to get the phone to bootup.

Is there anything I can do to fix this ISSUE?

Thanks in advance, John

Re: Samsung Galaxy A11 Bootup Issue after Last Update

<tsobn1$ilrs$1@paganini.bofh.team>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=37762&group=comp.mobile.android#37762

From: nos...@nospam.net (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2023 16:58:23 +0000
 by: Andy Burnelli - Fri, 17 Feb 2023 16:58 UTC

jaugustine@verizon.net wrote:

> After the last update (auto updates, can NOT disable)

On that note alone, Android auto updates are run by a package which you
were told about on December 22nd, 2022 in this thread you authored.
*Turn Off Automatic Updates on Samsung Galaxy A11 Smartphone?*
<https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android/c/vzXytvBoUqU/>

Here are my tests proving you can stop Samsung auto updates if you want to.
<https://i.postimg.cc/4dFG6GNq/secupdate01.jpg> May, Jun & Jul 2022 update
<https://i.postimg.cc/HL5Bwt4Z/secupdate02.jpg> Baseband <=5 is rootable
<https://i.postimg.cc/PJfyknG9/secupdate03.jpg> Stave off Dec 2022 update
<https://i.postimg.cc/W1d93VDP/secupdate04.jpg> Baseband >=6 not rootable
<https://i.postimg.cc/ryhSH4f4/secupdate05.jpg> I couldn't stop the update
<https://i.postimg.cc/RZJQK0QH/secupdate06.jpg> com.sec.android.soagent
<https://i.postimg.cc/zvfTBDG3/secupdate07.jpg> com.ws.dm vs com.wssyncmldm
<https://i.postimg.cc/k5rNcdfh/secupdate08.jpg> test disabling/re-enabling
<https://i.postimg.cc/5NRSXzvJ/secupdate09.jpg> disable com.sec.android.soagent
<https://i.postimg.cc/nLv4SwWV/secupdate10.jpg> disable com.wssyncmldm

I even gave you the exact cut and paste commands to disable those updates.
C:\> adb shell pm list packages | findstr /i wssyncmldm
C:\> adb shell pm list packages -d | findstr /i wssyncmldm
C:\> adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.wssyncmldm
C:\> adb shell pm enable --user 0 com.wssyncmldm

And I helpfully provided the commands to turn it back on when you want to.
C:\> adb shell pm list packages | findstr /i soagent
C:\> adb shell pm list packages -d | findstr /i soagent
C:\> adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.sec.android.soagent
C:\> adb shell pm enable --user 0 com.sec.android.soagent

Bear in mind we're trying our best to be helpful people on this Android
newsgroup so you need to not say things when you know they're wrong.

We're like drinking buddies who help each other but who expect people to
take us up on our kind advice and not just sweep it all under the rug.

Please do not say again that auto updates can't be disabled unless you've
proven that by running the suggested commands (which worked on my Samsung).
--
Posted out of the goodness of my heart to disseminate useful information
which, in this case, is to correct the OP's statement about auto updates.

Re: Samsung Galaxy A11 Bootup Issue after Last Update

<52p1vht80bn8j32f43gk6h2trnguvk8u3j@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=37782&group=comp.mobile.android#37782

From: jaugust...@verizon.net
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2023 09:50:39 -0500
 by: jaugust...@verizon.net - Sat, 18 Feb 2023 14:50 UTC

>On that note alone, Android auto updates are run by a package which you
>were told about on December 22nd, 2022 in this thread you authored.
> *Turn Off Automatic Updates on Samsung Galaxy A11 Smartphone?*
> <https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android/c/vzXytvBoUqU/>
>
>Here are my tests proving you can stop Samsung auto updates if you want to.
><https://i.postimg.cc/4dFG6GNq/secupdate01.jpg> May, Jun & Jul 2022 update
><https://i.postimg.cc/HL5Bwt4Z/secupdate02.jpg> Baseband <=5 is rootable
><https://i.postimg.cc/PJfyknG9/secupdate03.jpg> Stave off Dec 2022 update
><https://i.postimg.cc/W1d93VDP/secupdate04.jpg> Baseband >=6 not rootable
><https://i.postimg.cc/ryhSH4f4/secupdate05.jpg> I couldn't stop the update
><https://i.postimg.cc/RZJQK0QH/secupdate06.jpg> com.sec.android.soagent
><https://i.postimg.cc/zvfTBDG3/secupdate07.jpg> com.ws.dm vs com.wssyncmldm
><https://i.postimg.cc/k5rNcdfh/secupdate08.jpg> test disabling/re-enabling
><https://i.postimg.cc/5NRSXzvJ/secupdate09.jpg> disable com.sec.android.soagent
><https://i.postimg.cc/nLv4SwWV/secupdate10.jpg> disable com.wssyncmldm
>
>I even gave you the exact cut and paste commands to disable those updates.
> C:\> adb shell pm list packages | findstr /i wssyncmldm
> C:\> adb shell pm list packages -d | findstr /i wssyncmldm
> C:\> adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.wssyncmldm
> C:\> adb shell pm enable --user 0 com.wssyncmldm
>
>And I helpfully provided the commands to turn it back on when you want to.
> C:\> adb shell pm list packages | findstr /i soagent
> C:\> adb shell pm list packages -d | findstr /i soagent
> C:\> adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.sec.android.soagent
> C:\> adb shell pm enable --user 0 com.sec.android.soagent
>
>Bear in mind we're trying our best to be helpful people on this Android
>newsgroup so you need to not say things when you know they're wrong.
>
>We're like drinking buddies who help each other but who expect people to
>take us up on our kind advice and not just sweep it all under the rug.
>
>Please do not say again that auto updates can't be disabled unless you've
>proven that by running the suggested commands (which worked on my Samsung).

Hi Andy,

I will wait until after the next Update, which I HOPE will fix the
intermittent bootup issue. Afterwards, if there are no other issues after
the next Update, I will follow your suggestion for disabling Auto Updates.

Thanks again, John

Re: Samsung Galaxy A11 Bootup Issue after Last Update

<tsqu6n$vqm7$1@paganini.bofh.team>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=37784&group=comp.mobile.android#37784

From: nos...@nospam.net (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2023 16:26:13 +0000
 by: Andy Burnelli - Sat, 18 Feb 2023 16:26 UTC

jaugustine@verizon.net wrote:

> I will wait until after the next Update, which I HOPE will fix the
> intermittent bootup issue. Afterwards, if there are no other issues after
> the next Update, I will follow your suggestion for disabling Auto Updates.

To be clear, I don't recommend turning off auto update but I just wanted to
clear the record on facts that auto update can be turned off.

That's all. The fact is that auto update _can_ be turned off. That's all.

I'm all about facts being agreed upon first, which if you've ever been on a
child-like Apple newsgroup isn't as simple as one might think it should be.