Perl will always provide the null. -- Larry Wall in <199801151818.KAA14538@wall.org>

computers / comp.mobile.android / S23 plus screen protector

SubjectAuthor
* S23 plus screen protectorDan
+* Re: S23 plus screen protectorChar Jackson
|+- Re: S23 plus screen protectorCarlos E.R.
|`- Re: S23 plus screen protectorThe Real Bev
`* Re: S23 plus screen protectorsms
 +* Re: S23 plus screen protectornospam
 |`- Re: S23 plus screen protectorAndy Burnelli
 `- Re: S23 plus screen protectorDan

1
S23 plus screen protector

<hll4vh1845l4t5277oskldvfgfsc20npf7@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=37828&group=comp.mobile.android#37828

From: dannewsg...@outlookSPAMXXX.com (Dan)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: S23 plus screen protector
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2023 17:06:45 +0000
 by: Dan - Sun, 19 Feb 2023 17:06 UTC

Just got an S23 plus.
Bought a glass screen protector but the ultrasonic
finger sensor built into the screen does not work with the glass
screen protector.

Which one is recommended?

Re: S23 plus screen protector

<4q35vhhq5geeatvstlspegol11ok1h1tp1@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=37836&group=comp.mobile.android#37836

From: non...@none.invalid (Char Jackson)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: S23 plus screen protector
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2023 15:07:02 -0600
 by: Char Jackson - Sun, 19 Feb 2023 21:07 UTC

On Sun, 19 Feb 2023 17:06:45 +0000, Dan
<dannewsgroups@outlookSPAMXXX.com> wrote:

>Just got an S23 plus.
>Bought a glass screen protector but the ultrasonic
>finger sensor built into the screen does not work with the glass
>screen protector.
>
>Which one is recommended?

I didn't know that people still used them. My last screen protector was
from about 2002.

Re: S23 plus screen protector

<gegacjxl7l.ln2@Telcontar.valinor>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=37837&group=comp.mobile.android#37837

From: robin_li...@es.invalid (Carlos E.R.)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2023 22:20:48 +0100
 by: Carlos E.R. - Sun, 19 Feb 2023 21:20 UTC

On 2023-02-19 22:07, Char Jackson wrote:
> On Sun, 19 Feb 2023 17:06:45 +0000, Dan
> <dannewsgroups@outlookSPAMXXX.com> wrote:
>
>> Just got an S23 plus.
>> Bought a glass screen protector but the ultrasonic
>> finger sensor built into the screen does not work with the glass
>> screen protector.
>>
>> Which one is recommended?
>
> I didn't know that people still used them. My last screen protector was
> from about 2002.

I see shops around here selling them.

--
Cheers, Carlos.

Re: S23 plus screen protector

<tsu8hm$gvps$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=37839&group=comp.mobile.android#37839

From: bashley...@gmail.com (The Real Bev)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2023 14:40:53 -0800
 by: The Real Bev - Sun, 19 Feb 2023 22:40 UTC

On 2/19/23 1:07 PM, Char Jackson wrote:
> On Sun, 19 Feb 2023 17:06:45 +0000, Dan
> <dannewsgroups@outlookSPAMXXX.com> wrote:
>
>>Just got an S23 plus.
>>Bought a glass screen protector but the ultrasonic
>>finger sensor built into the screen does not work with the glass
>>screen protector.
>>
>>Which one is recommended?
>
> I didn't know that people still used them. My last screen protector was
> from about 2002.

I like the plastic non-reflective ones. I put the last one on without a
single bubble.

--
Cheers, Bev
"A stupid person is a person who causes losses to another person

Re: S23 plus screen protector

<tsu9nl$gv2c$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=37841&group=comp.mobile.android#37841

From: scharf.s...@geemail.com (sms)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2023 15:01:08 -0800
 by: sms - Sun, 19 Feb 2023 23:01 UTC

On 2/19/2023 9:06 AM, Dan wrote:
> Just got an S23 plus.
> Bought a glass screen protector but the ultrasonic
> finger sensor built into the screen does not work with the glass
> screen protector.
>
> Which one is recommended?

Yes, that can be a problem with ultrasonic fingerprint sensors though
they are more secure, supposedly, than the 3D optical fingerprint
sensors, and of course much more secure than FaceID or capacitive 2D
fingerprint sensors.

But from what I've read, you just have to do the setup once the screen
protector is installed and it works. See
<https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BMG3Q8YN> where the text states "[Fully
Compatible with UltraSonic Fingerprint Scanner] Unlike any alternative
on the market, this Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra glass protector will work
fully with the Ultrasonic Fingerprint Scanner. Simply re-scan your
fingerprint AFTER application."

Re: S23 plus screen protector

<190220231842195529%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=37843&group=comp.mobile.android#37843

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2023 18:42:19 -0500
 by: nospam - Sun, 19 Feb 2023 23:42 UTC

In article <tsu9nl$gv2c$3@dont-email.me>, sms
<scharf.steven@geemail.com> wrote:

> Yes, that can be a problem with ultrasonic fingerprint sensors though
> they are more secure, supposedly, than the 3D optical fingerprint
> sensors, and of course much more secure than FaceID or capacitive 2D
> fingerprint sensors.

false. numerous tests prove that in-screen fingerprint sensors are
*less* secure than capacitive fingerprint sensors and certainly face
id, as well as slower and less reliable.

Re: S23 plus screen protector

<e656vhl8h995eusorsogugo42gvksike86@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=37850&group=comp.mobile.android#37850

From: dannewsg...@outlookSPAMXXX.com (Dan)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2023 06:36:21 +0000
 by: Dan - Mon, 20 Feb 2023 06:36 UTC

On Sun, 19 Feb 2023 15:01:08 -0800, sms <scharf.steven@geemail.com>
wrote:

>https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BMG3Q8YN

Sadly, the reviews are not good.

Re: S23 plus screen protector

<tt0abr$1qpqi$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=37855&group=comp.mobile.android#37855

From: nos...@nospam.net (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2023 17:24:25 +0000
 by: Andy Burnelli - Mon, 20 Feb 2023 17:24 UTC

nospam wrote:

>> Yes, that can be a problem with ultrasonic fingerprint sensors though
>> they are more secure, supposedly, than the 3D optical fingerprint
>> sensors, and of course much more secure than FaceID or capacitive 2D
>> fingerprint sensors.
>
> false. numerous tests prove that in-screen fingerprint sensors are
> *less* secure than capacitive fingerprint sensors and certainly face
> id, as well as slower and less reliable.

It never fails that Steve gave the OP a solution (which is put the
protector on first and then set up the useless biometric marketing
gimmick), and then Steve threw in a dig against Apple's useless marketing
gimmick to which nospam dutifully replied...

*Apple's useless marketing gimmicks are better than Android's!*

If there are any _adults_ on this newsgroup, please allow me to ask
an adult question of those who do use these useless marketing gimmicks.

*Why?*

What _slum_ do you live in that you're worried that every person around you
is salivating over snatching your phone out of your hands right now?

*Whom are you so afraid of anyway?*

Why don't you trust your own wife and kids not to use your personal phone?

*Do you live in a prison cell?*

What is wrong with the _environment_ you live in that you feel you must
implement what is a mere (clever) marketing gimmick of biometric locks?

*Why do you feel desperate to lock your phone from _physical_ access?*

In summary, what's wrong with _not_ locking your phone?

*Whom are you afraid of?*

Put succinctly, what _slum_ do you live in that you feel so desperate?

Note: Trust me that I'm very well aware of "Internet" security from
hackers; which is why I'm asking this question about _physical_ security.
--
Posted out of the goodness of my heart to disseminate useful information
which, in this case, is to get people to think about marketing gimmicks.