From: and...@spam.net (Andrew)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.system
Subject: To adults - very few on this newsgroup - like badgolferman - what do you think of the facts?
Date: Mon, 13 May 2024 04:00:39 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Andrew - Mon, 13 May 2024 04:00 UTC

Hi badgolferman,

Adults make their assessments based on facts.
Apple religious zealots do not.

In fact, Apple religious zealots don't even know the facts.
But I do know the facts.

Now that you've clicked on the reference links, what do you think?

Q: Does Apple fully support more than one major release or not?
A: ?

Q: Does the iPhone have ten times the exploits that Android has?
A: ?

Q: Does Samsung & Google fully support multiple releases or not?
A: ?

REFERENCES for QUESTION #1:
*About software updates for Apple devices*
<https://support.apple.com/guide/deployment/about-software-updates-depc4c80847a/>
"not all known security issues are addressed in previous versions
(for example, macOS 13, iOS 16, and so on)"
<https://screenrant.com/apple-product-security-update-lifespan/>
<https://hothardware.com/news/apple-admits-only-fully-patches-security-flaws-in-latest-os-releases>
<https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2022/10/apple-clarifies-security-update-policy-only-the-latest-oses-are-fully-patched/>

REFERENCE for QUESTION #2:
<https://www.cisa.gov/known-exploited-vulnerabilities-catalog>

REFERENCES for QUESTION #3:
*Samsung Extends Android and Security Updates to 7 Years*
<https://www.cnet.com/tech/mobile/samsung-extends-android-and-security-updates-to-7-years/>
"Samsung phones now come backed with seven years' worth of
security updates and seven generations of OS upgrades."

*Google just put Apple and Samsung on notice - 7 years of software updates*
<https://www.tomsguide.com/opinion/google-pixel-8-software-updates>
"That support covers everything, including full Android updates,
the regular Pixel feature drops and security updates."

If the uneducated ignorant Apple religious zealots want to dispute these
facts, ask them to provide references such as I do for all my facts.

Re: To adults - very few on this newsgroup - like badgolferman - what do you think of the facts?

<v1smhj$7lkl$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3784&group=comp.mobile.ipad#3784

From: REMOVETH...@gmail.com (badgolferman)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.system
Subject: Re: To adults - very few on this newsgroup - like
badgolferman - what do you think of the facts?
Date: Mon, 13 May 2024 09:29:23 -0000 (UTC)
 by: badgolferman - Mon, 13 May 2024 09:29 UTC

Andrew <andrew@spam.net> wrote:
> Hi badgolferman,
>
> Adults make their assessments based on facts.
> Apple religious zealots do not.
>
> In fact, Apple religious zealots don't even know the facts.
> But I do know the facts.
>
> Now that you've clicked on the reference links, what do you think?
>
> Q: Does Apple fully support more than one major release or not?
> A: ?
>
> Q: Does the iPhone have ten times the exploits that Android has?
> A: ?
>
> Q: Does Samsung & Google fully support multiple releases or not?
> A: ?
>
> REFERENCES for QUESTION #1:
> *About software updates for Apple devices*
> <https://support.apple.com/guide/deployment/about-software-updates-depc4c80847a/>
> "not all known security issues are addressed in previous versions
> (for example, macOS 13, iOS 16, and so on)"
> <https://screenrant.com/apple-product-security-update-lifespan/>
> <https://hothardware.com/news/apple-admits-only-fully-patches-security-flaws-in-latest-os-releases>
> <https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2022/10/apple-clarifies-security-update-policy-only-the-latest-oses-are-fully-patched/>
>
> REFERENCE for QUESTION #2:
> <https://www.cisa.gov/known-exploited-vulnerabilities-catalog>
>
> REFERENCES for QUESTION #3:
> *Samsung Extends Android and Security Updates to 7 Years*
> <https://www.cnet.com/tech/mobile/samsung-extends-android-and-security-updates-to-7-years/>
> "Samsung phones now come backed with seven years' worth of
> security updates and seven generations of OS upgrades."
>
> *Google just put Apple and Samsung on notice - 7 years of software updates*
> <https://www.tomsguide.com/opinion/google-pixel-8-software-updates>
> "That support covers everything, including full Android updates,
> the regular Pixel feature drops and security updates."
>
> If the uneducated ignorant Apple religious zealots want to dispute these
> facts, ask them to provide references such as I do for all my facts.

Fortunately what others believe about their phones doesn’t affect me. On
the other hand I appreciate being presented with facts to make my own
decisions.

My iPhones rarely last 5-7 years anyway. Some part of the hardware will go
bad, like batteries, charging ports, broken glass, etc. Or Tmobile will
offer a free upgrade every few years.

Re: To adults - very few on this newsgroup - like badgolferman - what do you think of the facts?

<v1tm3a$1sn0$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3790&group=comp.mobile.ipad#3790

From: and...@spam.net (Andrew)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Mon, 13 May 2024 18:27:55 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Andrew - Mon, 13 May 2024 18:27 UTC

badgolferman wrote on Mon, 13 May 2024 09:29:23 -0000 (UTC) :

> Fortunately what others believe about their phones doesn�t affect me. On
> the other hand I appreciate being presented with facts to make my own
> decisions.

The brazen lies by the Apple religious zealots bothers me, if not you.

FACTS:
1. Apple only fully supports a single major release (currently iOS 17).
2. The iPhone has more than ten times the exploits that Android has.
3. Google & Samsung support multiple releases in a seven year period.

For years the Apple religious zealots have lied by denying those facts.

> My iPhones rarely last 5-7 years anyway. Some part of the hardware will go
> bad, like batteries, charging ports, broken glass, etc. Or Tmobile will
> offer a free upgrade every few years.

There's a difference between facts & assessments where my assessment of the
three facts above are the statements...

1. *Apple has the worst hotfix support in the industry.*
2. *The iPhone is the least secure smartphone in history.*
3. *Google & Samsung fully support far more releases than Apple does.*

What's interesting is the ignorant uneducated Apple zealots don't
realize this because the only thing they know is what Apple feeds them.

computers / comp.mobile.ipad / Re: To adults - very few on this newsgroup - like badgolferman - what do you think of the facts?