From: jaybird....@bluegrasspals.qxz.com.qxz (Jayson Smith)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.apple2
Subject: Importing binary files to DOS 3.3 disks under CiderPress?
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2021 10:09:09 -0400
 by: Jayson Smith - Thu, 14 Oct 2021 14:09 UTC

Hi,

Sorry if I'm missing something obvious here. I want to be able to use an
assembler under Windows to assemble Apple II programs. However, I don't
know of a way to import the resulting binaries to a DOS 3.3 disk with
CiderPress in such a way that the four-byte binary header giving the
start address and length of the file is also included. Is there a way to
do this?

Thanks,

Jayson

--
Remove all qxz from my Email address to reply privately.

Re: Importing binary files to DOS 3.3 disks under CiderPress?

<4096f2c7-0edc-48c1-82d6-c9f55c97540en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3817&group=comp.sys.apple2#3817

Newsgroups: comp.sys.apple2
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2021 07:58:11 -0700 (PDT)
From: thefad...@gmail.com (fadden)
 by: fadden - Thu, 14 Oct 2021 14:58 UTC

On Thursday, October 14, 2021 at 7:09:13 AM UTC-7, Jayson Smith wrote:
> Sorry if I'm missing something obvious here. I want to be able to use an
> assembler under Windows to assemble Apple II programs. However, I don't
> know of a way to import the resulting binaries to a DOS 3.3 disk with
> CiderPress in such a way that the four-byte binary header giving the
> start address and length of the file is also included. Is there a way to
> do this?

Add the file type / aux type tag to the filename, e.g. "FOO#062000" for a BIN file that loads at address $2000. Then just add it to the DOS 3.3 disk image. Since it's being added as a BIN file to a DOS disk, the load address and length will be added automatically.

Type preservation doc: https://nulib.com/library/nulib2-preserve.htm