From: dnomh...@gmx.com (Richmond)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Brave Causes Restart after Shutdown?
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2023 19:37:05 +0000
 by: Richmond - Wed, 1 Mar 2023 19:37 UTC

I found my phone was restarting itself after I had shut it down, about
two minutes after. By the process of elimination I worked out it was the
Brave browser which was doing it. But why?

Re: Brave Causes Restart after Shutdown?

<bhe00idqctoc4lcidjupt7tn29euc6n6l7@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=38219&group=comp.mobile.android#38219

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Brave Causes Restart after Shutdown?
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2023 00:55:13 -0500
 by: micky - Thu, 2 Mar 2023 05:55 UTC

In comp.mobile.android, on Wed, 01 Mar 2023 19:37:05 +0000, Richmond
<dnomhcir@gmx.com> wrote:

>I found my phone was restarting itself after I had shut it down, about
>two minutes after. By the process of elimination I worked out it was the
>Brave browser which was doing it. But why?

That's what it means to be brave, to go where no one wants it to go.

Re: Brave Causes Restart after Shutdown?

<slrnu04o3v.33f.trepidation@vps.jonz.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=38253&group=comp.mobile.android#38253

From: trepidat...@example.net (Allodoxaphobia)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: 3 Mar 2023 21:02:55 GMT
 by: Allodoxaphobia - Fri, 3 Mar 2023 21:02 UTC

On Wed, 01 Mar 2023 19:37:05 +0000, Richmond wrote:
> I found my phone was restarting itself after I had shut it down, about
> two minutes after. By the process of elimination I worked out it was the
> Brave browser which was doing it. But why?

hmmmm.... Maybe I'm seeing that on my Samsung Android tablet. I often
(attempt to) turn it off while Brave is active. About one time in 5 or 6
I seem to notice the device was in "sleep" mode and/or I find that my
80-90% battery is now 40%.

Thanks for your post.

More research required...

Jonesy
--
My computer had been running slower and slower.
The Tech told me the problem was my grandmother board.