"There is such a fine line between genius and stupidity." -- David St. Hubbins, "Spinal Tap"

computers / comp.mobile.android / Tracfone ISSUES

SubjectAuthor
* Tracfone ISSUESjaugustine
+- Re: Tracfone ISSUESMajorLanGod
+* Re: Tracfone ISSUESNil
|`* Re: Tracfone ISSUESjaugustine
| +- Re: Tracfone ISSUESBob F
| +* Re: Tracfone ISSUESsms
| |`* Re: Tracfone ISSUESKen Blake
| | +* Re: Tracfone ISSUESsticks
| | |`- Re: Tracfone ISSUESKen Blake
| | `* Re: Tracfone ISSUESsms
| |  `* Re: Tracfone ISSUESKen Blake
| |   `* Re: Tracfone ISSUESsms
| |    `* Re: Tracfone ISSUESKen Blake
| |     `* Re: Tracfone ISSUESKen Blake
| |      `* Re: Tracfone ISSUESsms
| |       `- Re: Tracfone ISSUESKen Blake
| `- Re: Tracfone ISSUESNewyana2
`* Re: Tracfone ISSUESvjp2.at
 `- Re: Tracfone ISSUESsms

1
Tracfone ISSUES

<j7220ilo4crcvpam6cannmmjau1gj7t4ku@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=38236&group=comp.mobile.android#38236

From: jaugust...@verizon.net
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Tracfone ISSUES
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2023 15:54:03 -0500
 by: jaugust...@verizon.net - Thu, 2 Mar 2023 20:54 UTC

Hi,

I have a Samsung Galaxy A11 Tracfone.

My Wife has same model. Added air time (1 year with 1500 minutes for
$125.00) via tracfone.com. Not hard to do, but afterwards, when
I checked on the Tracfone, 1 year was added, but NOT the 1500 minutes!
I had to call Tracfone tech support. It did not take long to resolve the
issue.

Today, I had tried the same for my Tracfone (same model as Wife's) and
the same thing happened. 1 year was added, but NOT the 1500 minutes.
I called Tracfone tech support. After a LONG wait, a girl with accent
answered. After some time with her trying to get the 1500 minutes,
she told me that someone will call me via my landline. That was
about 2 hours ago. I am still waiting. BTW, that girl told me I have
to wait 24 hours before the 1500 minutes are added!!!

I am thinking, after my air time is used up, I may switch to
Consumer Cellular.

I am FRUSTRATED with my Tracfone service. Some of their
tech support people are NOT very bright.

Anyone using Consumer Cellular? What is your experience?

Thank You in advance, John

Re: Tracfone ISSUES

<XnsAFBBD493EED5Dlonelydad58.gmail.co@85.12.62.225>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=38241&group=comp.mobile.android#38241

Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Tracfone ISSUES
From: lonelyda...@gmail.com (MajorLanGod)
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2023 02:53:48 GMT
 by: MajorLanGod - Fri, 3 Mar 2023 02:53 UTC

jaugustine@verizon.net wrote in

> I am thinking, after my air time is used up, I may switch to
> Consumer Cellular.
>
> I am FRUSTRATED with my Tracfone service. Some of their
> tech support people are NOT very bright.
>
> Anyone using Consumer Cellular? What is your experience?
>
> Thank You in advance, John

Tracfone has othe problems as well. I don't think much of their IT staff
at all. I have used tracfone for close to 20 years without any problems.
I recently lost my then current phone. I was having some problems getting
my old number ported to my new phone. At one point to get any further
their website insisted that they would IM a codeword so I could continue.
No othe option was offered. Fine, except that I was trying to get my old
number ported to my new phone, so if they sent me a message it would go
to my old phone, wherever that was. I finally went ahead and got a new
number so I could move forward. I then spent over an hour on the phone
with tech support trying to get them to switch my old number to my new
phone. It fanally happened overnight, so now I have my old number on my
phone again.
Other than that I have no poblem with tracfone. Like I said almost 20
years of service with no other problems.

Re: Tracfone ISSUES

<XnsAFBC8BCC31C00nilch1@wheedledeedle.moc>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=38249&group=comp.mobile.android#38249

From: rednoi...@rednoise9.invalid (Nil)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2023 13:44:33 -0500
 by: Nil - Fri, 3 Mar 2023 18:44 UTC

On 02 Mar 2023, jaugustine@verizon.net wrote in comp.mobile.android:

> Hi,
>
> I have a Samsung Galaxy A11 Tracfone.
>
> My Wife has same model. Added air time (1 year with 1500
> minutes for
> $125.00) via tracfone.com. Not hard to do, but afterwards, when
> I checked on the Tracfone, 1 year was added, but NOT the 1500
> minutes! I had to call Tracfone tech support. It did not take
> long to resolve the issue.
>
> Today, I had tried the same for my Tracfone (same model as
> Wife's) and
> the same thing happened. 1 year was added, but NOT the 1500
> minutes. I called Tracfone tech support. After a LONG wait, a
> girl with accent answered. After some time with her trying to get
> the 1500 minutes, she told me that someone will call me via my
> landline. That was about 2 hours ago. I am still waiting. BTW,
> that girl told me I have to wait 24 hours before the 1500 minutes
> are added!!!
>
> I am thinking, after my air time is used up, I may switch to
> Consumer Cellular.
>
> I am FRUSTRATED with my Tracfone service. Some of their
> tech support people are NOT very bright.
>
> Anyone using Consumer Cellular? What is your experience?
>
> Thank You in advance, John

I've been using Tracfone for many years. I must say that they have just
about the worst possible customer service. Every time I renew my plan,
something goes wrong and I have to spend a long time on the phone
resolving it. Their nightmarish web site seems to be the source of many
of the problems - I've had better success renewing on the phone itself.
Sometimes I get someone on the phone who knows what they're doing,
sometimes not, it's a crap shoot. They're always polite but not always
helpful. It's gotten worse over time. I have stuck with them because
they seem to be the cheapest mobile service, but it wouldn't take much
more to get me to defect. I should check out Consumer Cellular.

That is to say, I feel your pain.

Re: Tracfone ISSUES

<cb470ilvkk8n5s1i485ctke8r5p90o7t8m@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=38262&group=comp.mobile.android#38262

From: jaugust...@verizon.net
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2023 14:01:03 -0500
 by: jaugust...@verizon.net - Sat, 4 Mar 2023 19:01 UTC

SNIP>
>> I am FRUSTRATED with my Tracfone service. Some of their
>> tech support people are NOT very bright.
>>
>> Anyone using Consumer Cellular? What is your experience?

>I've been using Tracfone for many years. I must say that they have just
>about the worst possible customer service. Every time I renew my plan,
>something goes wrong and I have to spend a long time on the phone
>resolving it. Their nightmarish web site seems to be the source of many
>of the problems - I've had better success renewing on the phone itself.
>Sometimes I get someone on the phone who knows what they're doing,
>sometimes not, it's a crap shoot. They're always polite but not always
>helpful. It's gotten worse over time. I have stuck with them because
>they seem to be the cheapest mobile service, but it wouldn't take much
>more to get me to defect. I should check out Consumer Cellular.
>
>That is to say, I feel your pain.

Hi Nil,

I finally got the minutes, plus extra (maybe because of my ordeal).

I thought the next time I might use the telephone to add another year,
etc., but there is the automatic method via telephone or talking to an agent.
Apparently you talked to an agent. If you are lucky, a good agent.

My old Tracfone (3G network) can't be used anymore, but I NEVER
had this problem because I always bought a refill Tracfone Card at Target.
I wish I could do the same with my current Tracfone.

Tracfone is the cheapest cell phone service around, I believe.

John

Re: Tracfone ISSUES

<tu0c05$12j0p$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=38264&group=comp.mobile.android#38264

From: bobnos...@gmail.com (Bob F)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2023 13:08:19 -0800
 by: Bob F - Sat, 4 Mar 2023 21:08 UTC

On 3/4/2023 11:01 AM, jaugustine@verizon.net wrote:
> SNIP>
>>> I am FRUSTRATED with my Tracfone service. Some of their
>>> tech support people are NOT very bright.
>>>
>>> Anyone using Consumer Cellular? What is your experience?
>
>> I've been using Tracfone for many years. I must say that they have just
>> about the worst possible customer service. Every time I renew my plan,
>> something goes wrong and I have to spend a long time on the phone
>> resolving it. Their nightmarish web site seems to be the source of many
>> of the problems - I've had better success renewing on the phone itself.
>> Sometimes I get someone on the phone who knows what they're doing,
>> sometimes not, it's a crap shoot. They're always polite but not always
>> helpful. It's gotten worse over time. I have stuck with them because
>> they seem to be the cheapest mobile service, but it wouldn't take much
>> more to get me to defect. I should check out Consumer Cellular.
>>
>> That is to say, I feel your pain.
>
> Hi Nil,
>
> I finally got the minutes, plus extra (maybe because of my ordeal).
>
> I thought the next time I might use the telephone to add another year,
> etc., but there is the automatic method via telephone or talking to an agent.
> Apparently you talked to an agent. If you are lucky, a good agent.
>
> My old Tracfone (3G network) can't be used anymore, but I NEVER
> had this problem because I always bought a refill Tracfone Card at Target.
> I wish I could do the same with my current Tracfone.
>
> Tracfone is the cheapest cell phone service around, I believe.
>
> John

As a low usage user, I recently switched to Tello, which uses TMobile.
You can design your own plan. I get 300 minutes, 500 MB of data, and
unlimited texts for about $8.50/Mo. I paid a lot less for my previous
PagePlus prepaid service, but the Verizon signal to my home started
good, but sucked at the end. My battery lasts a lot longer now too.

Re: Tracfone ISSUES

<tu0nd9$13o4e$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=38269&group=comp.mobile.android#38269

From: scharf.s...@geemail.com (sms)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2023 16:23:04 -0800
 by: sms - Sun, 5 Mar 2023 00:23 UTC

On 3/4/2023 11:01 AM, jaugustine@verizon.net wrote:

<snip>

> Tracfone is the cheapest cell phone service around, I believe.

Not even close to the cheapest. Actually quite expensive for what you get.

See <https://prepaidcompare.net/>

Re: Tracfone ISSUES

<tu29ct$37rjr$1@paganini.bofh.team>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=38282&group=comp.mobile.android#38282

From: Newya...@invalid.nospam (Newyana2)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2023 09:35:54 -0500
 by: Newyana2 - Sun, 5 Mar 2023 14:35 UTC

<jaugustine@verizon.net> wrote

| My old Tracfone (3G network) can't be used anymore, but I NEVER
| had this problem because I always bought a refill Tracfone Card at Target.
| I wish I could do the same with my current Tracfone.

You can't? I have a fairly new 4G TCL phone. I also
have a 4G Blu phone. (I briefly needed an extra for online 2FA.)
Blu was $30. TCL was $40. I buy 60 minutes at $20 every
3 months. I thought one could buy an unlimited year of
service via card for $100.

I've been very happy, but I don't use it much. It's more
like a portable phone booth and browser for the rare times
that I might need either away from home. Both phones have
astonishing capacity for the price. Both have Firefox and
non-default apps for dialing. I don't use much else.

My only complaint is that since Verizon bought Tracfone,
they've been stingy. It used to be that a 60-minute card
for $20 always gave me double minutes. And those would
roll over, even if I was late refreshing the service. No more.
At some point I think I had about 3,000 minutes saved and
I lost them all when I foorgot to buy more minutes before
my 3 months expired.

On the other hand, I now also get data MB *in addition*
to minutes. So I'm not complaining. At $80/year + $40
about every 3 years for a phone, I don't think there's a
better deal to be had. But I have no experience with other
companies.

I now have a spare Blu cellphone that I no longer buy
minutes for. I've been using it as a portable PDF reader.
It's a bit small, but it works OK in landscape mode.

Re: Tracfone ISSUES

<m4d90ilanc54kjn6n89rqc0st9a8bc5iam@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=38283&group=comp.mobile.android#38283

From: Ken...@invalid.news.com (Ken Blake)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2023 08:26:57 -0700
 by: Ken Blake - Sun, 5 Mar 2023 15:26 UTC

On Sat, 4 Mar 2023 16:23:04 -0800, sms <scharf.steven@geemail.com>
wrote:

>On 3/4/2023 11:01 AM, jaugustine@verizon.net wrote:
>
><snip>
>
>> Tracfone is the cheapest cell phone service around, I believe.
>
>Not even close to the cheapest. Actually quite expensive for what you get.
>
>See <https://prepaidcompare.net/>

For what it's worth, I use Mint, and I'm happy with it.

Re: Tracfone ISSUES

<tu2d0s$1cfpb$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=38284&group=comp.mobile.android#38284

From: wolverin...@charter.net (sticks)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2023 09:38:05 -0600
 by: sticks - Sun, 5 Mar 2023 15:38 UTC

On 3/5/2023 9:26 AM, Ken Blake wrote:
> On Sat, 4 Mar 2023 16:23:04 -0800, sms <scharf.steven@geemail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 3/4/2023 11:01 AM, jaugustine@verizon.net wrote:
>>
>> <snip>
>>
>>> Tracfone is the cheapest cell phone service around, I believe.
>>
>> Not even close to the cheapest. Actually quite expensive for what you get.
>>
>> See <https://prepaidcompare.net/>
>

> For what it's worth, I use Mint, and I'm happy with it.

I'm curious about how you think it compares to tried-and-true
communication by smoke signals?

TIA

Re: Tracfone ISSUES

<tu2iik$1d34r$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=38288&group=comp.mobile.android#38288

From: scharf.s...@geemail.com (sms)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2023 09:12:52 -0800
 by: sms - Sun, 5 Mar 2023 17:12 UTC

On 3/5/2023 7:26 AM, Ken Blake wrote:
> On Sat, 4 Mar 2023 16:23:04 -0800, sms <scharf.steven@geemail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 3/4/2023 11:01 AM, jaugustine@verizon.net wrote:
>>
>> <snip>
>>
>>> Tracfone is the cheapest cell phone service around, I believe.
>>
>> Not even close to the cheapest. Actually quite expensive for what you get.
>>
>> See <https://prepaidcompare.net/>
>

> For what it's worth, I use Mint, and I'm happy with it.

Mint is passable if you never travel outside T-Mobile's native coverage
area, which is much smaller than AT&T's or Verizon's native coverage
area. Mint would be terrible in my area where T-Mobile's coverage is
poor once you get outside the urban core.

For 4-5GB of data, Mint is also no bargain for what you get. Boost on
AT&T is a better option with much better coverage at a lower price.
Mobile-X is on Verizon's network and is also less expensive for 4GB of data.

Once you get up to 15GB of data, or unlimited data, Mint is even less
competitive.

I think that the reason Mint is so expensive is because of all the TV
advertising that they do!

Re: Tracfone ISSUES

<mgj90ilvou1ci5b96cqdr0s6sd9mf8ahrd@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=38290&group=comp.mobile.android#38290

From: Ken...@invalid.news.com (Ken Blake)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2023 10:17:15 -0700
 by: Ken Blake - Sun, 5 Mar 2023 17:17 UTC

On Sun, 5 Mar 2023 09:38:05 -0600, sticks <wolverine01@charter.net>
wrote:

>On 3/5/2023 9:26 AM, Ken Blake wrote:
>> On Sat, 4 Mar 2023 16:23:04 -0800, sms <scharf.steven@geemail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> On 3/4/2023 11:01 AM, jaugustine@verizon.net wrote:
>>>
>>> <snip>

>>> Not even close to the cheapest. Actually quite expensive for what you get.
>>>
>>> See <https://prepaidcompare.net/>
>>

>> For what it's worth, I use Mint, and I'm happy with it.
>
>I'm curious about how you think it compares to tried-and-true
>communication by smoke signals?

Since I use my smart phone mostly for internet access when I'm not
home, rather than for communication, smoke signals weren't an option
for me.

Re: Tracfone ISSUES

<2lj90i9pb4n0lhi58g6utsaohvr6f2oa1r@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=38291&group=comp.mobile.android#38291

From: Ken...@invalid.news.com (Ken Blake)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2023 10:24:03 -0700
 by: Ken Blake - Sun, 5 Mar 2023 17:24 UTC

On Sun, 5 Mar 2023 09:12:52 -0800, sms <scharf.steven@geemail.com>
wrote:

>On 3/5/2023 7:26 AM, Ken Blake wrote:
>> On Sat, 4 Mar 2023 16:23:04 -0800, sms <scharf.steven@geemail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> On 3/4/2023 11:01 AM, jaugustine@verizon.net wrote:
>>>
>>> <snip>

>>> Not even close to the cheapest. Actually quite expensive for what you get.
>>>
>>> See <https://prepaidcompare.net/>
>>

>> For what it's worth, I use Mint, and I'm happy with it.
>
>Mint is passable

More than passable. As far as I'm concerned, it's fine.

>if you never travel outside T-Mobile's native coverage
>area, which is much smaller than AT&T's or Verizon's native coverage
>area.

Yes, but these days I never travel anywhere.

>Mint would be terrible in my area where T-Mobile's coverage is
>poor once you get outside the urban core.

Understood.

>For 4-5GB of data, Mint is also no bargain for what you get. Boost on
>AT&T is a better option with much better coverage at a lower price.
>Mobile-X is on Verizon's network and is also less expensive for 4GB of data.

I get 4GB for $15. How much are Boost and Mobile-X? No time no, but
I'll look into them later

>Once you get up to 15GB of data, or unlimited data, Mint is even less
>competitive.

I have no need for that much.
>I think that the reason Mint is so expensive is because of all the TV
>advertising that they do!

Re: Tracfone ISSUES

<tu2mct$1df08$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=38295&group=comp.mobile.android#38295

From: scharf.s...@geemail.com (sms)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2023 10:18:05 -0800
 by: sms - Sun, 5 Mar 2023 18:18 UTC

On 3/5/2023 9:24 AM, Ken Blake wrote:

<snip>

> I get 4GB for $15. How much are Boost and Mobile-X? No time no, but
> I'll look into them later

About the same, though Boost is 5GB not 4GB. But the coverage is also
much better. Boost is a little less on their yearly plan.

I recently updated a Google Doc that I created that compares low-cost
service (after someone on Nextdoor asked for advice about leaving Metro
by T-Mobile).

See: Low-Cost Cell Phone Plans using AT&T or Verizon
($25 or less per Line) at
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1svifijs5goT4cWQa82sgwO28CpLcTWrbHsP1jim8A7U/>

I didn't include any T-Mobile MVNOs because in my area they are not
acceptable in terms of coverage. I'm not talking about traveling to
Alaska, where T-Mobile MVNOs have no service at all (except for
Google-Fi), I'm talking about the parts of the San Francisco Bay Area
like along the coast between San Francisco and Santa Cruz (see
<<https://i.imgur.com/QOqnAVP.png/>).

Re: Tracfone ISSUES

<u2v90i9up629p3n1f09bqsmhb60uni3af0@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=38296&group=comp.mobile.android#38296

From: Ken...@invalid.news.com (Ken Blake)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2023 13:39:19 -0700
 by: Ken Blake - Sun, 5 Mar 2023 20:39 UTC

On Sun, 5 Mar 2023 10:18:05 -0800, sms <scharf.steven@geemail.com>
wrote:

>On 3/5/2023 9:24 AM, Ken Blake wrote:
>
><snip>
>
>> I get 4GB for $15. How much are Boost and Mobile-X? No time no, but
>> I'll look into them later
>
>About the same, though Boost is 5GB not 4GB.

I just checked their web sites.

Boost is $25, not $15, Unlimited data, but 4GB is nougats for me.

Mobile-X starts at $20

You say "For 4-5GB of data, Mint is also no bargain for what you get.
Boost on AT&T is a better option with much better coverage at a lower
price," but that's not true for me. Both are more expensive for me
than Mint, and the better coverage is meaningless. I'll stick with
Mint.

>But the coverage is also
>much better. Boost is a little less on their yearly plan.
>
>I recently updated a Google Doc that I created that compares low-cost
>service (after someone on Nextdoor asked for advice about leaving Metro
>by T-Mobile).
>
>See: Low-Cost Cell Phone Plans using AT&T or Verizon
>($25 or less per Line) at
><https://docs.google.com/document/d/1svifijs5goT4cWQa82sgwO28CpLcTWrbHsP1jim8A7U/>
>
>I didn't include any T-Mobile MVNOs because in my area they are not
>acceptable in terms of coverage. I'm not talking about traveling to
>Alaska, where T-Mobile MVNOs have no service at all (except for
>Google-Fi), I'm talking about the parts of the San Francisco Bay Area
>like along the coast between San Francisco and Santa Cruz (see
><<https://i.imgur.com/QOqnAVP.png/>).

Re: Tracfone ISSUES

<i90a0i938ubou7huqoocflipkfstf0f1vt@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=38297&group=comp.mobile.android#38297

From: Ken...@invalid.news.com (Ken Blake)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2023 13:54:08 -0700
 by: Ken Blake - Sun, 5 Mar 2023 20:54 UTC

On Sun, 05 Mar 2023 13:39:19 -0700, Ken Blake <Ken@invalid.news.com>
wrote:

>On Sun, 5 Mar 2023 10:18:05 -0800, sms <scharf.steven@geemail.com>
>wrote:
>
>>On 3/5/2023 9:24 AM, Ken Blake wrote:
>>
>><snip>
>>
>>> I get 4GB for $15. How much are Boost and Mobile-X? No time no, but
>>> I'll look into them later
>>
>>About the same, though Boost is 5GB not 4GB.
>
>I just checked their web sites.
>
>Boost is $25, not $15, Unlimited data, but 4GB is nougats for me.

A funny spell checker correction. That s/b "enough."

>Mobile-X starts at $20
>
>You say "For 4-5GB of data, Mint is also no bargain for what you get.
>Boost on AT&T is a better option with much better coverage at a lower
>price," but that's not true for me. Both are more expensive for me
>than Mint, and the better coverage is meaningless. I'll stick with
>Mint.
>

>>But the coverage is also
>>much better. Boost is a little less on their yearly plan.
>>
>>I recently updated a Google Doc that I created that compares low-cost
>>service (after someone on Nextdoor asked for advice about leaving Metro
>>by T-Mobile).
>>
>>See: Low-Cost Cell Phone Plans using AT&T or Verizon
>>($25 or less per Line) at
>><https://docs.google.com/document/d/1svifijs5goT4cWQa82sgwO28CpLcTWrbHsP1jim8A7U/>
>>
>>I didn't include any T-Mobile MVNOs because in my area they are not
>>acceptable in terms of coverage. I'm not talking about traveling to
>>Alaska, where T-Mobile MVNOs have no service at all (except for
>>Google-Fi), I'm talking about the parts of the San Francisco Bay Area
>>like along the coast between San Francisco and Santa Cruz (see
>><<https://i.imgur.com/QOqnAVP.png/>).

Re: Tracfone ISSUES

<tu2vok$1eeki$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=38298&group=comp.mobile.android#38298

From: scharf.s...@geemail.com (sms)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2023 12:57:55 -0800
 by: sms - Sun, 5 Mar 2023 20:57 UTC

On 3/5/2023 12:54 PM, Ken Blake wrote:

<snip>

>> Boost is $25, not $15, Unlimited data, but 4GB is nougats for me.

This is the Boost website for AT&T service:
<https://my.boostmobile.com/shop/buy/plans/>

• 5GB: $15/month (mobile hotspot included)
• 15GB: $20/month (mobile hotspot included)
• 5GB: $45/3 months (mobile hotspot included) (no discount versus monthly)
• 5GB: $168/year ($14/month) (mobile hotspot included)
• 15GB: $240/year ($20/month) (mobile hotspot included)
• Fake Unlimited: $25/month (throttled after ?GB, no hotspot data).
• Fake Unlimited: $40/month (throttled after ?GB, 12GB hotspot data).
• Fake Unlimited: $60/month (throttled after ?GB, 30GB hotspot data).
• Fake Unlimited: $90/3 months (throttled after ?GB, 12GB hotspot data).
• Fake Unlimited: $300/12 months (throttled after ?GB, 12GB hotspot data).

Re: Tracfone ISSUES

<bvub0i964b87ig7rfl14jajhkljmi5m9j0@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=38305&group=comp.mobile.android#38305

From: Ken...@invalid.news.com (Ken Blake)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2023 07:45:19 -0700
References: <j7220ilo4crcvpam6cannmmjau1gj7t4ku@4ax.com> <XnsAFBC8BCC31C00nilch1@wheedledeedle.moc> <cb470ilvkk8n5s1i485ctke8r5p90o7t8m@4ax.com> <tu0nd9$13o4e$1@dont-email.me> <m4d90ilanc54kjn6n89rqc0st9a8bc5iam@4ax.com> <tu2iik$1d34r$1@dont-email.me> <2lj90i9pb4n0lhi58g6utsaohvr6f2oa1r@4ax.com> <tu2mct$1df08$1@dont-email.me> <u2v90i9up629p3n1f09bqsmhb60uni3af0@4ax.com> <i90a0i938ubou7huqoocflipkfstf0f1vt@4ax.com> <tu2vok$1eeki$1@dont-email.me>
 by: Ken Blake - Mon, 6 Mar 2023 14:45 UTC

On Sun, 5 Mar 2023 12:57:55 -0800, sms <scharf.steven@geemail.com>
wrote:

>On 3/5/2023 12:54 PM, Ken Blake wrote:
>
><snip>
>
>>> Boost is $25, not $15, Unlimited data, but 4GB is nougats for me.
>
>This is the Boost website for AT&T service:
><https://my.boostmobile.com/shop/buy/plans/>
>
>• 5GB: $15/month (mobile hotspot included)

OK, thanks. I guess I was wrong. I thought it said $25.

But it doesn't matter, It's no cheaper than Mint, Mint works fine for
me, and there's no reason for me to change.

>• 15GB: $20/month (mobile hotspot included)
>• 5GB: $45/3 months (mobile hotspot included) (no discount versus monthly)
>• 5GB: $168/year ($14/month) (mobile hotspot included)
>• 15GB: $240/year ($20/month) (mobile hotspot included)
>• Fake Unlimited: $25/month (throttled after ?GB, no hotspot data).
>• Fake Unlimited: $40/month (throttled after ?GB, 12GB hotspot data).
>• Fake Unlimited: $60/month (throttled after ?GB, 30GB hotspot data).
>• Fake Unlimited: $90/3 months (throttled after ?GB, 12GB hotspot data).
>• Fake Unlimited: $300/12 months (throttled after ?GB, 12GB hotspot data).

Re: Tracfone ISSUES

<tu8c1d$4q9$8@reader2.panix.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=38330&group=comp.mobile.android#38330

From: vjp2...@at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2023 21:58:05 -0000 (UTC)
 by: vjp2...@at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com - Tue, 7 Mar 2023 21:58 UTC

I believe Verizon bought Tracfone?

I had a Tracfone I never successfully unlocked, so now I use it as an MP3
player, FM radio, gaming and pdf reader.

--
Vasos Panagiotopoulos panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm

Re: Tracfone ISSUES

<tu8mma$k7jg$4@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=38332&group=comp.mobile.android#38332

From: scharf.s...@geemail.com (sms)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2023 16:59:52 -0800
 by: sms - Wed, 8 Mar 2023 00:59 UTC

On 3/7/2023 1:58 PM, vjp2.at@at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com wrote:
> I believe Verizon bought Tracfone?
>
> I had a Tracfone I never successfully unlocked, so now I use it as an MP3
> player, FM radio, gaming and pdf reader.

After Verizon bought Tracfone, Tracfone had to unlock phones with the
same federally mandated policy as Verizon: 60 days after activation. You
don't even have to keep service for 60 days, you just need to activate
the phone then wait 60 days.