From: non...@none.com (Gatton Zilla)
Newsgroups: comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc
Subject: HTTRACK error
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2023 11:18:23 +0200
 by: Gatton Zilla - Sun, 9 Apr 2023 09:18 UTC

Hello again.
I have just installed www/httrack.
But, choosing "WebHTTrack Website Copier" from the menu in X, I receive
the following error in FireFox:

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to localhost:8081. SSL received a
record that exceeded the maximum permissible length.

Error code: SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the
authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

Does anyone have idea why this happens?

Thank you.

Re: HTTRACK error

<k9fjeuF6383U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=384&group=comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc#384

From: sax...@noart.de (Detlef Sax)
Newsgroups: comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc
Subject: Re: HTTRACK error
Date: 9 Apr 2023 10:47:58 GMT
 by: Detlef Sax - Sun, 9 Apr 2023 10:47 UTC

On Sun, 9 Apr 2023 11:18:23 +0200, Gatton Zilla wrote:
> Hello again.
> I have just installed www/httrack.
> But, choosing "WebHTTrack Website Copier" from the menu in X, I receive
> the following error in FireFox:

> Secure Connection Failed
>
> An error occurred during a connection to localhost:8081. SSL received a
> record that exceeded the maximum permissible length.
>
> Error code: SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG
>
> The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the
> authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
> Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.
>
> Does anyone have idea why this happens?

I only guess.
Did you install a self signed certificate for :8081 and forgot to
import it to your firefox?

FF -> Settings -> Security -> Certificates
Inside the dialog you could import the public key to "Your Certificates"

IIRC this was the way to handle self signed certs these days.

Detlef
--
https://www.12schrittefrei.de/
https://www.noart.de/