From: nos...@nospam.net (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: For those with variable rate displays, does the reported FPS change in real time?
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2023 22:18:17 +0000
 by: Andy Burnelli - Wed, 8 Mar 2023 22:18 UTC

For those with variable rate displays, does the FPS change in real time?
<https://i.postimg.cc/59zcmYFd/devopt07.jpg> Show Refresh Rate = on

For another thread, I turned on the native switch to display the refresh
rate but my (free) Samsung (as far as I know) has a single display rate.

For those with the more expensive phones with variable rate displays,
does that fps number at the top left of the screen change in real time?

Better question: Who cares? (was Re: For those with variable rate displays, does the reported FPS change in real time?

<tudbk5$1idbs$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=38371&group=comp.mobile.android#38371

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Better question: Who cares? (was Re: For those with variable rate
displays, does the reported FPS change in real time?
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2023 11:21:41 -0800
 by: Alan - Thu, 9 Mar 2023 19:21 UTC

On 2023-03-08 14:18, Andy Burnelli wrote:
> For those with variable rate displays, does the FPS change in real time?
> <https://i.postimg.cc/59zcmYFd/devopt07.jpg> Show Refresh Rate = on
>
> For another thread, I turned on the native switch to display the refresh
> rate but my (free) Samsung (as far as I know) has a single display rate.
>
> For those with the more expensive phones with variable rate displays,
> does that fps number at the top left of the screen change in real time?

And who in their right minds would take up valuable screen real estate
on it?

Re: Better question: Who cares? (was Re: For those with variable rate displays, does the reported FPS change in real time?

<SKqOL.1843320$GNG9.437019@fx18.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=38372&group=comp.mobile.android#38372

displays, does the reported FPS change in real time?
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
From: nob...@nowh.ere (Bodger)
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2023 14:49:04 -0500
 by: Bodger - Thu, 9 Mar 2023 19:49 UTC

On 3/9/2023 2:21 PM, Alan wrote:
> On 2023-03-08 14:18, Andy Burnelli wrote:
>> For those with variable rate displays, does the FPS change in real time?
>> <https://i.postimg.cc/59zcmYFd/devopt07.jpg> Show Refresh Rate = on
>>
>> For another thread, I turned on the native switch to display the refresh
>> rate but my (free) Samsung (as far as I know) has a single display rate.
>>
>> For those with the more expensive phones with variable rate displays,
>> does that fps number at the top left of the screen change in real time?
>
> And who in their right minds would take up valuable screen real estate on it?

Possibly a matter of childish one-upmanship: "My screen is faster than your
screen, so there!"