From: har...@seldon.net (het varken van Breslau)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Do shortcuts to the desktop impede performance?
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2023 09:51:38 +0100
 by: het varken van Bresl - Sun, 12 Mar 2023 08:51 UTC

I have an old LG-V400 with CM-12 (Lollipop) installed. My browser is
Kiwi. Of course I put shortcuts on the desktop for sites I often visit.

When the number of shortcuts approaches twenty or so, there is a
noticeable lag between touching the icon and the opening of the browser
or other apps. This may be as high as five seconds or more.

Lately I discarded the browser-icons and collected the URLs for the
sites in a single HTML file and navigated from there to the sites I want
to visit. No lag at all.

So there is a performance price to pay for all those shortcuts. Is there
somebody who can tell me more about it, or offer a pointer to a site
that describes this?