From: scharf.s...@geemail.com (sms)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: wall charger needed
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2023 08:18:02 -0700
 by: sms - Mon, 13 Mar 2023 15:18 UTC

badgolferman <REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm looking for a decent wall charger block with one USB-C and two
> USB-A outputs which will work with iPhone 12 and iPhone 14 and other
> devices.  I know these have been recommended but they're not exactly
> what I wanted:

Here's another charger that popped up as a Faccebook ad:

<https://oneadaptr.com/products/oneworld-65-international-adapter-with-65w-pd-charger>
$62.10

65W Travel Charger/Plug Adapter. Charges up to 5 devices simultaneously
(kind of). Sold under many brand names.

<https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804902446033.html> $24.16
<https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BHQNMDNC/> $36

I have the Lencent one which is identical to the one sold under the
Momax brand by Amazon.

Two port output wattage by port:
<https://m.media-amazon.com/images/S/aplus-media-library-service-media/291c6654-4662-4ba1-8db8-d0c743a124d8.__CR0,0,1464,600_PT0_SX1464_V1___.png>

Multi port output voltage by watt:
<https://m.media-amazon.com/images/S/aplus-media-library-service-media/dd689094-cffe-47d6-acb3-c589718c14a2.__CR0,0,1464,600_PT0_SX1464_V1___.png>

I did not get the claimed 15 watt wattage out of the USB-A ports, not
even close, but there may be USB-A devices that do.

My testing:

● 1 x 65W USB PD charging port (also supports QC)
-Charged my Lenovo laptop (PD) at 47W (20V@2.35A) using a USB-C
PD trigger cable. Would likely have gone to 65W had the laptop
been running a high power CPU and graphics processor
application.
-Charged my Samsung Note 9 (QC) at 14.5W (9V@1.6A)
-Charged my iPad Pro (PD to Lightning) at 24W
-Charged my iPhone (PD to Lightning) at 12W (9V@1.3A)
● 2 x USB C 5V dumb ports
-Charged my iPhone 11 at 8W (5V@1.6A)
-Charged my Samsung Note 9 at 8W (5V@1.6A)
● 2 x USB A 5V dumb ports
-Charged my Samsung Note 9 at 2.5W (5v@0.5W)
-Charged my iPhone (USB-A to Lightning) st 4W (5V@0.8A)

Don’t plan to charge multiple higher-wattage devices simultaneously
since the USB-C PD/QC port on the side is the only one that charges at
higher voltage and current. The USB-C non-PD ports are sufficient for
overnight charging. For those people that believe that it’s better to
charge at the lowest wattage possible, even though there’s technically
no benefit in doing so, the USB-A ports charge at very low wattage.