From: bavarias...@chiemgau-net.de (Alexander Ausserstorfer)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.networking
Subject: Re: Risc OS Developments announces the release of a modern TCP/IP Stack (updated link)
Date: Sat, 07 May 2022 19:06:09 +0200 (Custom)
 by: Alexander Ausserstor - Sat, 7 May 2022 17:06 UTC

In article <1651335500.782299@slave.orpheusnet.co.uk>,
Richard Brown <richard@riscosdev.com> wrote:

> New Open Source TCP/IP Stack for RISC OS now available to download

[Huge part snipped]

> Download the zipfile from the RISC OS Developments website on the
> projects page: www.riscosdev.com/projects

After install and restart, the computer here works without any problems.
However, I don't see any differents to my system before. How can I check
or see that the new TCP/IP is working sucessfully?

Thanks in advance,

Alex

Re: Risc OS Developments announces the release of a modern TCP/IP Stack (updated link)

<59e4fa7023News03@avisoft.f9.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=386&group=comp.sys.acorn.networking#386

From: New...@avisoft.f9.co.uk (Martin)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.networking
Date: Sat, 07 May 2022 19:31:12 +0100
 by: Martin - Sat, 7 May 2022 18:31 UTC

In article <59e4f2a6b9bavariasound@chiemgau-net.de>,
Alexander Ausserstorfer <bavariasound@chiemgau-net.de> wrote:

> After install and restart, the computer here works without any
> problems. However, I don't see any differents to my system before.

I think that is what they were aiming for!
It is providing the base for future developments (eg WiFi)

> How can I check or see that the new TCP/IP is working sucessfully?

If *Help Internet shows v7.00 then the new stack is running.

--
Martin Avison
Note that unfortunately this email address will become invalid

Re: Risc OS Developments announces the release of a modern TCP/IP Stack (updated link)

<59e569a21abavariasound@chiemgau-net.de>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=387&group=comp.sys.acorn.networking#387

From: bavarias...@chiemgau-net.de (Alexander Ausserstorfer)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.networking
Date: Sun, 08 May 2022 16:45:45 +0200 (Custom)
 by: Alexander Ausserstor - Sun, 8 May 2022 14:45 UTC

In article <59e4fa7023News03@avisoft.f9.co.uk>,
Martin <News03@avisoft.f9.co.uk> wrote:
> In article <59e4f2a6b9bavariasound@chiemgau-net.de>,
> Alexander Ausserstorfer <bavariasound@chiemgau-net.de> wrote:

>> After install and restart, the computer here works without any
>> problems. However, I don't see any differents to my system before.
>>
> I think that is what they were aiming for!
> It is providing the base for future developments (eg WiFi)

Ah, thanks. I thought it is like a Windows update: It may work or it may
not work and is for nothing (no improvements - the desktop is ugly like
before). Is it possible to support such developments?

> > How can I check or see that the new TCP/IP is working sucessfully?

> If *Help Internet shows v7.00 then the new stack is running.

It's the case.

Thanks again,

A.