From: ram...@zedat.fu-berlin.de (Stefan Ram)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Pictures of the moon
Date: 15 Mar 2023 16:00:01 GMT
 by: Stefan Ram - Wed, 15 Mar 2023 16:00 UTC

Few years ago, I tried to take several pictures of the moon
with a phone and then use astronomical image-processing
software like Registax and Autostakkert to improve them.

But this did not help much. This may have been because
either the source images or my skills to use these
programs were just not good enough.

The border of the moon was well rendered, but not the
surface structures.

One problem was not only resolution/sharpness/stabilization,
but perhaps overexposure due to automatic exposure, which
could not be completely compensated for even with a manual
correction down two stops.

Re: Pictures of the moon

<0nk9ejxjad.ln2@Telcontar.valinor>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=38579&group=comp.mobile.android#38579

From: robin_li...@es.invalid (Carlos E.R.)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Pictures of the moon
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2023 21:00:00 +0100
 by: Carlos E.R. - Wed, 15 Mar 2023 20:00 UTC

On 2023-03-15 17:00, Stefan Ram wrote:
> Few years ago, I tried to take several pictures of the moon
> with a phone and then use astronomical image-processing
> software like Registax and Autostakkert to improve them.
>
> But this did not help much. This may have been because
> either the source images or my skills to use these
> programs were just not good enough.
>
> The border of the moon was well rendered, but not the
> surface structures.
>
> One problem was not only resolution/sharpness/stabilization,
> but perhaps overexposure due to automatic exposure, which
> could not be completely compensated for even with a manual
> correction down two stops.

The Moon needs manual settings on a proper camera.

--
Cheers, Carlos.