Everybody needs a little love sometime; stop hacking and fall in love!

computers / comp.mobile.android / "Use Android Phone as a Webcam in Linux or Windows" added to the document "53 iOS & iPhone Features Which [many] Android Users Wish they Had & 216 Android & Android Phone Features Which [many] iOS Users Wish they Had"

SubjectAuthor
* "Use Android Phone as a Webcam in Linux or Windows" added to thesms
`* Re: "Use Android Phone as a Webcam in Linux or Windows" added to the document "5nospam
 `* Re: "Use Android Phone as a Webcam in Linux or Windows" added to the document "5soyon
  +- Re: "Use Android Phone as a Webcam in Linux or Windows" added to the document "5nospam
  +* Re: "Use Android Phone as a Webcam in Linux or Windows" added toJolly Roger
  |`* Re: "Use Android Phone as a Webcam in Linux or Windows" added to the document "5soyon
  | +- Re: "Use Android Phone as a Webcam in Linux or Windows" added toJolly Roger
  | `* Re: "Use Android Phone as a Webcam in Linux or Windows" added to thesms
  |  +- Re: "Use Android Phone as a Webcam in Linux or Windows" added to the document "5nospam
  |  `- Re: "Use Android Phone as a Webcam in Linux or Windows" added toJolly Roger
  +- Re: "Use Android Phone as a Webcam in Linux or Windows" added to theJoerg Lorenz
  `* Re: "Use Android Phone as a Webcam in Linux or Windows" added to thesms
   +* Re: "Use Android Phone as a Webcam in Linux or Windows" added to the document "5nospam
   |`* Re: "Use Android Phone as a Webcam in Linux or Windows" added to theHank Rogers
   | `* Re: "Use Android Phone as a Webcam in Linux or Windows" added toJolly Roger
   |  `* Re: "Use Android Phone as a Webcam in Linux or Windows" added to the document "5nospam
   |   +* Re: "Use Android Phone as a Webcam in Linux or Windows" added to the document "5Nic
   |   |`* Re: "Use Android Phone as a Webcam in Linux or Windows" added toJolly Roger
   |   | `- Re: "Use Android Phone as a Webcam in Linux or Windows" added to theAlan Browne
   |   +- Re: "Use Android Phone as a Webcam in Linux or Windows" added toJolly Roger
   |   `- Re: "Use Android Phone as a Webcam in Linux or Windows" added to theAlan Browne
   `* Re: "Use Android Phone as a Webcam in Linux or Windows" added to theHank Rogers
    `* Re: "Use Android Phone as a Webcam in Linux or Windows" added to the document "5Tim+
     `* Re: "Use Android Phone as a Webcam in Linux or Windows" added toJolly Roger
      `* Re: "Use Android Phone as a Webcam in Linux or Windows" added to the document "5Tim+
       +* Re: "Use Android Phone as a Webcam in Linux or Windows" added toJolly Roger
       |`* Re: "Use Android Phone as a Webcam in Linux or Windows" added to the document "5Tim+
       | `- Re: "Use Android Phone as a Webcam in Linux or Windows" added toJolly Roger
       `* Re: "Use Android Phone as a Webcam in Linux or Windows" added to thesms
        +- Re: "Use Android Phone as a Webcam in Linux or Windows" added to the document "5nospam
        `- Re: "Use Android Phone as a Webcam in Linux or Windows" added toJolly Roger

Pages:12
"Use Android Phone as a Webcam in Linux or Windows" added to the document "53 iOS & iPhone Features Which [many] Android Users Wish they Had & 216 Android & Android Phone Features Which [many] iOS Users Wish they Had"

<tv289j$22dhd$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=38636&group=comp.mobile.android#38636

From: scharf.s...@geemail.com (sms)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: "Use Android Phone as a Webcam in Linux or Windows" added to the
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2023 10:33:38 -0700
 by: sms - Fri, 17 Mar 2023 17:33 UTC

I added "Use Android Phone as a Webcam in Linux or Windows." as 216a on
page 106 of the document.

The webcams on some laptops are not very good quality, though higher-end
Windows laptops have improved greatly in that regard, see “Best laptops
with 1080p webcams in 2023” at
<https://www.xda-developers.com/best-laptops-1080p-webcam/>.

Fortunately, you can use an Android device, with a high-quality camera,
as a WebCam, via USB, on Linux and Windows machines. You install the app
DroidCam - Webcam for PC
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dev47apps.droidcam>
on your Android device then install the Linux or Windows client from
Dev47Apps <https://www.dev47apps.com/>. There are also wireless options,
via Wi-Fi, but these increase latency and should be avoided. While you
can use an iPhone as a webcam, with a Mac, you can’t use it with a Linux
or Windows computer, and most iPhone users don’t use a Mac.

As cool as this feature may be, it's unwieldy and clunky to use a phone
as a webcam. If you're doing a lot of Zoom or Teams meetings then
splurge for a high quality webcam like the Anker PowerConf C300
<https://us.ankerwork.com/products/a3361>. Also, when you're using your
phone as a webcam you don't have it available for other uses. When
you're on a Zoom or Teams meeting you're likely to want to at least be
seeing your notifications, if not responding to them.

If you have a Macbook, which historically have had poorer quality
built-in webcams than high-end Windows laptops, you can use an iPhone
camera as a webcam, but again, it’s better to buy a high-end USB webcam. ✓"

The Google Docs document: "53 iOS & iPhone Features Which [many] Android
Users Wish they Had & 216 Android & Android Phone Features Which [many]
iOS Users Wish they Had" is available at
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JznrWfGJDA8CYVfjSnPTwfVy8-gAC0kPyaApuJTcUNE/>

--
“If you are not an expert on a subject, then your opinions about it
really do matter less than the opinions of experts. It's not

Re: "Use Android Phone as a Webcam in Linux or Windows" added to the document "53 iOS & iPhone Features Which [many] Android Users Wish they Had & 216 Android & Android Phone Features Which [many] iOS Users Wish they Had"

<170320231349569854%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=38640&group=comp.mobile.android#38640

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: Re: "Use Android Phone as a Webcam in Linux or Windows" added to the document "53 iOS & iPhone Features Which [many] Android Users Wish they Had & 216 Android & Android Phone Features Which [many] iOS Users Wish they Had"
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2023 13:49:56 -0400
 by: nospam - Fri, 17 Mar 2023 17:49 UTC

In article <tv289j$22dhd$1@dont-email.me>, sms
<scharf.steven@geemail.com> wrote:

> I added "Use Android Phone as a Webcam in Linux or Windows."

and got quite a bit wrong.

> Fortunately, you can use an Android device, with a high-quality camera,
> as a WebCam, via USB, on Linux and Windows machines. You install the app

extra work.

> As cool as this feature may be, it's unwieldy and clunky to use a phone
> as a webcam.

rubbish. it's *very* easy to use, no additional apps, no setup required.

Re: "Use Android Phone as a Webcam in Linux or Windows" added to the document "53 iOS & iPhone Features Which [many] Android Users Wish they Had & 216 Android & Android Phone Features Which [many] iOS Users Wish they Had"

<tv2bpe$8ttc$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=38649&group=comp.mobile.android#38649

From: soy...@soyon.biz (soyon)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2023 19:33:33 +0100
 by: soyon - Fri, 17 Mar 2023 18:33 UTC

On Fri, 17 Mar 2023 13:49:56 -0400, nospam wrote:

>> I added "Use Android Phone as a Webcam in Linux or Windows."
>
> and got quite a bit wrong.

But you can never point to anything that is actually wrong.
Because you didn't even look at the document. You never have.
You are using automatic replies saying everything is always wrong.

Re: "Use Android Phone as a Webcam in Linux or Windows" added to the document "53 iOS & iPhone Features Which [many] Android Users Wish they Had & 216 Android & Android Phone Features Which [many] iOS Users Wish they Had"

<170320231449062824%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=38653&group=comp.mobile.android#38653

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2023 14:49:06 -0400
 by: nospam - Fri, 17 Mar 2023 18:49 UTC

In article <tv2bpe$8ttc$1@paganini.bofh.team>, soyon <soyon@soyon.biz>
wrote:

> >> I added "Use Android Phone as a Webcam in Linux or Windows."
> >
> > and got quite a bit wrong.
>

> But you can never point to anything that is actually wrong.

i did, in this and numerous other threads.

> Because you didn't even look at the document.

he posted the excerpt and i commented on specific parts.

Re: "Use Android Phone as a Webcam in Linux or Windows" added to the document "53 iOS & iPhone Features Which [many] Android Users Wish they Had & 216 Android & Android Phone Features Which [many] iOS Users Wish they Had"

<k7k3vdFsk0tU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=38662&group=comp.mobile.android#38662

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: Re: "Use Android Phone as a Webcam in Linux or Windows" added to
Date: 17 Mar 2023 21:21:49 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Fri, 17 Mar 2023 21:21 UTC

On 2023-03-17, soyon <soyon@soyon.biz> wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Mar 2023 13:49:56 -0400, nospam wrote:
>
>>> I added "Use Android Phone as a Webcam in Linux or Windows."
>>
>> and got quite a bit wrong.
>
> you didn't even look at the document

Fuck off with your lame document of lies.

JR

Re: "Use Android Phone as a Webcam in Linux or Windows" added to the document "53 iOS & iPhone Features Which [many] Android Users Wish they Had & 216 Android & Android Phone Features Which [many] iOS Users Wish they Had"

<tv32u3$fqlm$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=38676&group=comp.mobile.android#38676

From: soy...@soyon.biz (soyon)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2023 02:08:34 +0100
 by: soyon - Sat, 18 Mar 2023 01:08 UTC

On 17 Mar 2023 21:21:49 GMT, Jolly Roger wrote:

>> you didn't even look at the document
>
> Fuck off with your lame document of lies.

How can you say the whole document is a lie when you haven't looked at it?

Re: "Use Android Phone as a Webcam in Linux or Windows" added to the document "53 iOS & iPhone Features Which [many] Android Users Wish they Had & 216 Android & Android Phone Features Which [many] iOS Users Wish they Had"

<k7l3g3F2lcfU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=38699&group=comp.mobile.android#38699

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: 18 Mar 2023 06:19:48 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Sat, 18 Mar 2023 06:19 UTC

On 2023-03-18, soyon <soyon@soyon.biz> wrote:
> On 17 Mar 2023 21:21:49 GMT, Jolly Roger wrote:
>
>>> you didn't even look at the document
>>
>> Fuck off with your lame document of lies.
>
> How can you say the whole document is a lie when you haven't looked at
> it?

Easy: I consider the source, who constantly spreads disinformation and
lies here, has been proven wrong multiple times, and ignores all
corrections. The document is a lame troll tactic, and nothing more.

JR

Re: "Use Android Phone as a Webcam in Linux or Windows" added to the document "53 iOS & iPhone Features Which [many] Android Users Wish they Had & 216 Android & Android Phone Features Which [many] iOS Users Wish they Had"

<tv3p5r$28751$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=38704&group=comp.mobile.android#38704

From: hugyb...@gmx.ch (Joerg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2023 08:27:55 +0100
 by: Joerg Lorenz - Sat, 18 Mar 2023 07:27 UTC

Am 17.03.23 um 19:33 schrieb soyon:
> On Fri, 17 Mar 2023 13:49:56 -0400, nospam wrote:
>
>>> I added "Use Android Phone as a Webcam in Linux or Windows."
>>
>> and got quite a bit wrong.
>

> But you can never point to anything that is actually wrong.
> Because you didn't even look at the document. You never have.
> You are using automatic replies saying everything is always wrong.

Our friend sms in the looney-bin is always wrong. He lacks any
credibility because he practically always claims nonsense.

His document is of absolutely no interest to anybody thinking about the
choice for the next smartphone.

--
Gutta cavat lapidem (Ovid)

Re: "Use Android Phone as a Webcam in Linux or Windows" added to the document "53 iOS & iPhone Features Which [many] Android Users Wish they Had & 216 Android & Android Phone Features Which [many] iOS Users Wish they Had"

<tv52r6$2k13v$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=38735&group=comp.mobile.android#38735

From: scharf.s...@geemail.com (sms)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2023 12:19:03 -0700
 by: sms - Sat, 18 Mar 2023 19:19 UTC

On 3/17/2023 11:33 AM, soyon wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Mar 2023 13:49:56 -0400, nospam wrote:
>
>>> I added "Use Android Phone as a Webcam in Linux or Windows."
>>
>> and got quite a bit wrong.
>

> But you can never point to anything that is actually wrong.

That's because I'm very careful to always use cites and references. I do
that just to be pro-active so our favorite trolls can't claim that
anything is wrong.

In a few cases, one platform or the other had added a feature that
negates an item in the list and it may take a while before I update the
document to correct it.

--
“If you are not an expert on a subject, then your opinions about it
really do matter less than the opinions of experts. It's not
indoctrination nor elitism. It's just that you don't know as much as
they do about the subject.”—Tin Foil Awards

Re: "Use Android Phone as a Webcam in Linux or Windows" added to the document "53 iOS & iPhone Features Which [many] Android Users Wish they Had & 216 Android & Android Phone Features Which [many] iOS Users Wish they Had"

<180320231554119018%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=38739&group=comp.mobile.android#38739

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2023 15:54:11 -0400
 by: nospam - Sat, 18 Mar 2023 19:54 UTC

In article <tv52r6$2k13v$2@dont-email.me>, sms
<scharf.steven@geemail.com> wrote:

> That's because I'm very careful to always use cites and references. I do
> that just to be pro-active so our favorite trolls can't claim that
> anything is wrong.

your cites and references are highly cherry-picked, such as citing a
fingerprint manufacturer to claim that fingerprint sensors are good, or
they're outdated and no longer relevant, or they're simply wrong.

refuting them is trivial.

> In a few cases, one platform or the other had added a feature that
> negates an item in the list and it may take a while before I update the
> document to correct it.

much more than 'a few cases'. nearly everything in that 'document' is
in need of corrections, particularly with ios, where so much of it is
wrong that it cannot be attributed to a simple mistake or 'not enough
time' to update. it's deliberate disinformation intended to mislead.

Re: "Use Android Phone as a Webcam in Linux or Windows" added to the document "53 iOS & iPhone Features Which [many] Android Users Wish they Had & 216 Android & Android Phone Features Which [many] iOS Users Wish they Had"

<tv57sm$2kte3$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=38741&group=comp.mobile.android#38741

From: scharf.s...@geemail.com (sms)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2023 13:45:11 -0700
 by: sms - Sat, 18 Mar 2023 20:45 UTC

On 3/17/2023 6:08 PM, soyon wrote:
> On 17 Mar 2023 21:21:49 GMT, Jolly Roger wrote:
>
>>> you didn't even look at the document
>>
>> Fuck off with your lame document of lies.
>
> How can you say the whole document is a lie when you haven't looked at it?

LOL, our favorite trolls read it intently, trying to fine errors. They
haven't succeeded yet.

--
“If you are not an expert on a subject, then your opinions about it
really do matter less than the opinions of experts. It's not
indoctrination nor elitism. It's just that you don't know as much as
they do about the subject.”—Tin Foil Awards

Re: "Use Android Phone as a Webcam in Linux or Windows" added to the document "53 iOS & iPhone Features Which [many] Android Users Wish they Had & 216 Android & Android Phone Features Which [many] iOS Users Wish they Had"

<180320231658411222%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=38742&group=comp.mobile.android#38742

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2023 16:58:41 -0400
 by: nospam - Sat, 18 Mar 2023 20:58 UTC

In article <tv57sm$2kte3$1@dont-email.me>, sms
<scharf.steven@geemail.com> wrote:

> LOL, our favorite trolls read it intently, trying to fine errors. They
> haven't succeeded yet.

oh yes they have, and the correct word is 'find'.

Re: "Use Android Phone as a Webcam in Linux or Windows" added to the document "53 iOS & iPhone Features Which [many] Android Users Wish they Had & 216 Android & Android Phone Features Which [many] iOS Users Wish they Had"

<k7n75pFcndlU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=38746&group=comp.mobile.android#38746

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: 19 Mar 2023 01:34:49 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Sun, 19 Mar 2023 01:34 UTC

On 2023-03-18, sms <scharf.steven@geemail.com> wrote:

>>> Fuck off with your lame document of lies.
>>
>> How can you say the whole document is a lie when you haven't looked
>> at it?
>
> LOL, our favorite trolls read it intently, trying to fine errors. They
> haven't succeeded yet.

Plenty of people you call trolls (simply because they DO find errors)
have found them and talked about them right here in the Apple
newsgroups, and you consistently ignore every single one of them.

JR

Re: "Use Android Phone as a Webcam in Linux or Windows" added to the document "53 iOS & iPhone Features Which [many] Android Users Wish they Had & 216 Android & Android Phone Features Which [many] iOS Users Wish they Had"

<1RtRL.1944416$GNG9.86060@fx18.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=38747&group=comp.mobile.android#38747

Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
From: han...@nospam.invalid (Hank Rogers)
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2023 20:47:33 -0500
 by: Hank Rogers - Sun, 19 Mar 2023 01:47 UTC

sms wrote:

>>> and got quite a bit wrong.
>>

>> But you can never point to anything that is actually wrong.
>
> That's because I'm very careful to always use cites and references.
> I do that just to be pro-active so our favorite trolls can't claim
> that anything is wrong.
>
> In a few cases, one platform or the other had added a feature that
> negates an item in the list and it may take a while before I update
> the document to correct it.

You're doing fine man. Ole nospam has a 24 hour hard-on for you.

Re: "Use Android Phone as a Webcam in Linux or Windows" added to the document "53 iOS & iPhone Features Which [many] Android Users Wish they Had & 216 Android & Android Phone Features Which [many] iOS Users Wish they Had"

<lStRL.1944548$GNG9.1603887@fx18.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=38748&group=comp.mobile.android#38748

Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
From: han...@nospam.invalid (Hank Rogers)
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2023 20:49:03 -0500
 by: Hank Rogers - Sun, 19 Mar 2023 01:49 UTC

nospam wrote:
> In article <tv52r6$2k13v$2@dont-email.me>, sms
> <scharf.steven@geemail.com> wrote:
>

>> That's because I'm very careful to always use cites and references. I do
>> that just to be pro-active so our favorite trolls can't claim that
>> anything is wrong.
>
> your cites and references are highly cherry-picked, such as citing a
> fingerprint manufacturer to claim that fingerprint sensors are good, or
> they're outdated and no longer relevant, or they're simply wrong.
>
> refuting them is trivial.
>
>> In a few cases, one platform or the other had added a feature that
>> negates an item in the list and it may take a while before I update the
>> document to correct it.
>
> much more than 'a few cases'. nearly everything in that 'document' is
> in need of corrections, particularly with ios, where so much of it is
> wrong that it cannot be attributed to a simple mistake or 'not enough
> time' to update. it's deliberate disinformation intended to mislead.

Can't believe you forgot to whine about face ID.

Re: "Use Android Phone as a Webcam in Linux or Windows" added to the document "53 iOS & iPhone Features Which [many] Android Users Wish they Had & 216 Android & Android Phone Features Which [many] iOS Users Wish they Had"

<k7nagjFd6qiU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=38749&group=comp.mobile.android#38749

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: 19 Mar 2023 02:31:47 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Sun, 19 Mar 2023 02:31 UTC

On 2023-03-19, Hank Rogers <hank@nospam.invalid> wrote:

> Can't believe you forgot to whine about face ID.

You mean when sms hilariously claimed Face ID doesn't work well in the
dark? LOL!!! Classic sms bullshit disinformation! All the ridicule he
gets about that is well-deserved. : D

JR

Re: "Use Android Phone as a Webcam in Linux or Windows" added to the document "53 iOS & iPhone Features Which [many] Android Users Wish they Had & 216 Android & Android Phone Features Which [many] iOS Users Wish they Had"

<180320232252015986%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=38750&group=comp.mobile.android#38750

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2023 22:52:01 -0400
 by: nospam - Sun, 19 Mar 2023 02:52 UTC

In article <k7nagjFd6qiU1@mid.individual.net>, Jolly Roger
<jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote:

> > Can't believe you forgot to whine about face ID.
>
> You mean when sms hilariously claimed Face ID doesn't work well in the
> dark? LOL!!! Classic sms bullshit disinformation! All the ridicule he
> gets about that is well-deserved. : D

another good one is an airtag in a truck.

Re: "Use Android Phone as a Webcam in Linux or Windows" added to the document "53 iOS & iPhone Features Which [many] Android Users Wish they Had & 216 Android & Android Phone Features Which [many] iOS Users Wish they Had"

<tv63r8$2s1uk$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=38752&group=comp.mobile.android#38752

From: Nic...@none.net (Nic)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2023 00:42:31 -0400
 by: Nic - Sun, 19 Mar 2023 04:42 UTC

nospam wrote:

>>> Can't believe you forgot to whine about face ID.
>>
>> You mean when sms hilariously claimed Face ID doesn't work well in the
>> dark? LOL!!! Classic sms bullshit disinformation! All the ridicule he
>> gets about that is well-deserved. : D
>
> another good one is an airtag in a truck.

Who wants faceid or airtags when what they really need is a YELLOW iPhone!

Re: "Use Android Phone as a Webcam in Linux or Windows" added to the document "53 iOS & iPhone Features Which [many] Android Users Wish they Had & 216 Android & Android Phone Features Which [many] iOS Users Wish they Had"

<tv685i$2sm0p$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=38760&group=comp.mobile.android#38760

From: tim.dow...@gmail.com (Tim+)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2023 05:56:17 +0000
 by: Tim+ - Sun, 19 Mar 2023 05:56 UTC

On Sat, 18 Mar 2023 20:47:33 -0500, Hank Rogers wrote:

> You're doing fine man. Ole nospam has a 24 hour hard-on for you.

My wife has an iPhone which "just works" & I have a Pixel 6 which doesn't.
Where is nospam's document that shows his true comparison of platforms?
--
Please don't feed the trolls

Re: "Use Android Phone as a Webcam in Linux or Windows" added to the document "53 iOS & iPhone Features Which [many] Android Users Wish they Had & 216 Android & Android Phone Features Which [many] iOS Users Wish they Had"

<k7nmlaFetcbU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=38761&group=comp.mobile.android#38761

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: 19 Mar 2023 05:59:06 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Sun, 19 Mar 2023 05:59 UTC

On 2023-03-19, nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid> wrote:
> In article <k7nagjFd6qiU1@mid.individual.net>, Jolly Roger
><jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote:
>
>> > Can't believe you forgot to whine about face ID.
>>
>> You mean when sms hilariously claimed Face ID doesn't work well in
>> the dark? LOL!!! Classic sms bullshit disinformation! All the
>> ridicule he gets about that is well-deserved. : D
>
> another good one is an airtag in a truck.

The really funny part of that one was the OP coming back a week or so
later reporting that it in fact worked very well. : )

JR

Re: "Use Android Phone as a Webcam in Linux or Windows" added to the document "53 iOS & iPhone Features Which [many] Android Users Wish they Had & 216 Android & Android Phone Features Which [many] iOS Users Wish they Had"

<k7nmn1FetcbU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=38762&group=comp.mobile.android#38762

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: 19 Mar 2023 06:00:01 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Sun, 19 Mar 2023 06:00 UTC

On 2023-03-19, Nic <Nic@none.net> wrote:

>>> You mean when sms hilariously claimed Face ID doesn't work well in
>>> the dark? LOL!!! Classic sms bullshit disinformation! All the
>>> ridicule he gets about that is well-deserved. : D
>>
>> another good one is an airtag in a truck.
>
> Who wants faceid or airtags when what they really need is a YELLOW
> iPhone!

How are you not embarrassed by the utter childish stupidity of that lame
troll? It's as if you have no self awareness at all... : D

JR

Re: "Use Android Phone as a Webcam in Linux or Windows" added to the document "53 iOS & iPhone Features Which [many] Android Users Wish they Had & 216 Android & Android Phone Features Which [many] iOS Users Wish they Had"

<k7nmp5FetcbU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=38763&group=comp.mobile.android#38763

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: 19 Mar 2023 06:01:09 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Sun, 19 Mar 2023 06:01 UTC

On 2023-03-19, Tim+ <tim.downie@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 18 Mar 2023 20:47:33 -0500, Hank Rogers wrote:
>
>> You're doing fine man. Ole nospam has a 24 hour hard-on for you.
>
> My wife has an iPhone which "just works" & I have a Pixel 6 which
> doesn't. Where is nospam's document that shows his true comparison of
> platforms?

Unlike sms, the rest of the adults here aren't in the business of
writing long documents full of disinformation for the purposes of
childish trolling.

JR

Re: "Use Android Phone as a Webcam in Linux or Windows" added to the document "53 iOS & iPhone Features Which [many] Android Users Wish they Had & 216 Android & Android Phone Features Which [many] iOS Users Wish they Had"

<tv69jq$2st5r$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=38765&group=comp.mobile.android#38765

From: tim.dow...@gmail.com (Tim+)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2023 06:20:58 +0000
 by: Tim+ - Sun, 19 Mar 2023 06:20 UTC

On 19 Mar 2023 06:01:09 GMT, Jolly Roger wrote:

>> My wife has an iPhone which "just works" & I have a Pixel 6 which
>> doesn't. Where is nospam's document that shows his true comparison of
>> platforms?
>
> Unlike sms, the rest of the adults here aren't in the business of
> writing long documents full of disinformation for the purposes of
> childish trolling.

Well, that may be true but for nospam to say it's all wrong without writing
his own document to show the true comparison, doesn't help me at all.
--
Please don't feed the trolls

Re: "Use Android Phone as a Webcam in Linux or Windows" added to the document "53 iOS & iPhone Features Which [many] Android Users Wish they Had & 216 Android & Android Phone Features Which [many] iOS Users Wish they Had"

<x_DRL.313626$Ldj8.25742@fx47.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=38771&group=comp.mobile.android#38771

Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
From: bitbuc...@blackhole.com (Alan Browne)
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2023 09:20:29 -0400
 by: Alan Browne - Sun, 19 Mar 2023 13:20 UTC

On 2023-03-18 22:52, nospam wrote:
> In article <k7nagjFd6qiU1@mid.individual.net>, Jolly Roger
> <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote:
>

>>> Can't believe you forgot to whine about face ID.
>>
>> You mean when sms hilariously claimed Face ID doesn't work well in the
>> dark? LOL!!! Classic sms bullshit disinformation! All the ridicule he
>> gets about that is well-deserved. : D
>
> another good one is an airtag in a truck.

No fair! The guy didn't use a Faraday cage moving van!

--
“Donald Trump and his allies and supporters are a clear and present
danger to American democracy.”

Re: "Use Android Phone as a Webcam in Linux or Windows" added to the document "53 iOS & iPhone Features Which [many] Android Users Wish they Had & 216 Android & Android Phone Features Which [many] iOS Users Wish they Had"

<R0ERL.313627$Ldj8.124005@fx47.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=38772&group=comp.mobile.android#38772

Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
From: bitbuc...@blackhole.com (Alan Browne)
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2023 09:22:57 -0400
 by: Alan Browne - Sun, 19 Mar 2023 13:22 UTC

On 2023-03-19 02:00, Jolly Roger wrote:

>>> another good one is an airtag in a truck.
>>
>> Who wants faceid or airtags when what they really need is a YELLOW
>> iPhone!
>
> How are you not embarrassed by the utter childish stupidity of that lame
> troll? It's as if you have no self awareness at all... : D

I think he was being sarcastic over troll yellow obsessions...