From: dieterha...@gmail.com (db)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Notes
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2023 13:46:34 +0100
 by: db - Sat, 18 Mar 2023 12:46 UTC

I have a Notes app on my Android phone. A week or so ago it
told me I was about to run out and should pay about $1 to
upgrade to Notes Pro. OK, so I paid up. But it still says
I should pay and upgrade. Do any of you have experience
with this and can you tell me how to get the new app? I
did manage to export the contents and will presumably be
able to import them when and if I get that upgrade.
But how?
--
Dieter Britz

Re: Notes

<tv4ipu$2hcab$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=38727&group=comp.mobile.android#38727

From: dieterha...@gmail.com (db)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Notes
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2023 15:45:17 +0100
 by: db - Sat, 18 Mar 2023 14:45 UTC

On 18.03.2023 13.46, db wrote:
> I have a Notes app on my Android phone. A week or so ago it
> told me I was about to run out and should pay about $1 to
> upgrade to Notes Pro. OK, so I paid up. But it still says
> I should pay and upgrade. Do any of you have experience
> with this and can you tell me how to get the new app? I
> did manage to export the contents and will presumably be
> able to import them when and if I get that upgrade.
> But how?

Well, I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it as Notes Pro,
and it worked. I'm not impressed though. The old version
let me export all notes in it, into a file, but the new
app won't import it. Ar well, not life threatening.
--
Dieter Britz

Re: Notes

<tv63f1$udk7$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=38751&group=comp.mobile.android#38751

From: nos...@nospam.net (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2023 04:36:01 +0000
 by: Andy Burnelli - Sun, 19 Mar 2023 04:36 UTC

db wrote:

> Well, I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it as Notes Pro,
> and it worked. I'm not impressed though. The old version
> let me export all notes in it, into a file, but the new
> app won't import it. Ar well, not life threatening.

Glad you got it working as I looked for the app when I saw this but there
are many apps named "Notes" so I wasn't sure which of these it was.
There are many Notes apps. Which one are you were asking about.
https://play.google.com/store/search?q=notes&c=apps

People can do lots of things with apps named "notes", where maybe (just
maybe) folks might want to take a look at this renowned FOSS notes app.
*Orgzly* Notes & To-Do Lists, by Orgzly
free, ad free, gsf free, 4.5 star, 2.23K reviews, 100K+ Downloads
<https://orgzly.com/>
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.orgzly>
<https://f-droid.org/en/packages/com.orgzly/>
<https://f-droid.org/repo/com.orgzly_171.apk>
<https://github.com/orgzly/orgzly-android>

To the OP, sorry nobody helped you yet but if you're interested, you might
want to take a look at that well known app to see if it fits your needs.
--
Posted out of the goodness of my heart to disseminate useful information
which, in this case, is to faithfully try to help with the Notes function.

Re: Notes

<k7o0ncFgab4U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=38766&group=comp.mobile.android#38766

From: use...@andyburns.uk (Andy Burns)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2023 08:50:52 +0000
 by: Andy Burns - Sun, 19 Mar 2023 08:50 UTC

db wrote:

> I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it as Notes Pro,
> and it worked. I'm not impressed though. The old version
> let me export all notes in it, into a file, but the new
> app won't import it.

Can see the file but refuses to import,
or can't see the file at all?

Re: Notes

<tv74b6$31agm$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=38773&group=comp.mobile.android#38773

From: dieterha...@gmail.com (db)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2023 14:56:54 +0100
 by: db - Sun, 19 Mar 2023 13:56 UTC

On 19.03.2023 09.50, Andy Burns wrote:
> db wrote:
>
>> I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it as Notes Pro,
>> and it worked. I'm not impressed though. The old version
>> let me export all notes in it, into a file, but the new
>> app won't import it.
>
> Can see the file but refuses to import,
> or can't see the file at all?

Can see the file (scrambled format for a human) but doesn't
read it in.

--
Dieter Britz