The Shuttle is now going five times the sound of speed. -- Dan Rather, first landing of Columbia

computers / comp.sys.mac.misc / Re: What is the most popular anti-malware software for use on Apple computers?

SubjectAuthor
* What is the most popular anti-malware software for use on AppleDavid Brooks
+* Re: What is the most popular anti-malware software for use on AppleCalum
|`* Re: What is the most popular anti-malware software for use on Apple computers?Your Name
| `- Re: What is the most popular anti-malware software for use on AppleDavid Brooks
`* Re: What is the most popular anti-malware software for use on Apple computers?Bob Campbell
 +* Re: What is the most popular anti-malware software for use on Apple computers?Wolffan
 |`* Re: What is the most popular anti-malware software for use on AppleDavid Brooks
 | `* Re: What is the most popular anti-malware software for use on Apple computers?Wolffan
 |  `* Re: What is the most popular anti-malware software for use on Apple computers?nospam
 |   +* Re: What is the most popular anti-malware software for use on AppleDavid Brooks
 |   |+- Re: What is the most popular anti-malware software for use on Apple computers?nospam
 |   |`* Re: What is the most popular anti-malware software for use on AppleJolly Roger
 |   | `* Re: What is the most popular anti-malware software for use on AppleDavid Brooks
 |   |  `* Re: What is the most popular anti-malware software for use on AppleJolly Roger
 |   |   `* Re: What is the most popular anti-malware software for use on AppleDavid Brooks
 |   |    +* Re: What is the most popular anti-malware software for use on AppleA N Other
 |   |    |`- Re: What is the most popular anti-malware software for use on AppleJolly Roger
 |   |    `* Re: What is the most popular anti-malware software for use on AppleJolly Roger
 |   |     `* Re: What is the most popular anti-malware software for use on Apple computers?nospam
 |   |      `- Re: What is the most popular anti-malware software for use on AppleJolly Roger
 |   `- Re: What is the most popular anti-malware software for use on Apple computers?Wolffan
 `* Re: What is the most popular anti-malware software for use on AppleDavid Brooks
  +- Re: What is the most popular anti-malware software for use on Apple computers?Wolffan
  +* Re: What is the most popular anti-malware software for use on Apple computers?nospam
  |`- Re: What is the most popular anti-malware software for use on AppleDavid Brooks
  `* Re: What is the most popular anti-malware software for use on AppleBob Campbell
   +* Re: What is the most popular anti-malware software for use on AppleWolf K
   |`* Re: What is the most popular anti-malware software for use on AppleLeala
   | +* Re: What is the most popular anti-malware software for use on AppleBill H
   | |`* Re: What is the most popular anti-malware software for use on AppleWolf K
   | | `- Re: What is the most popular anti-malware software for use on AppleBill H
   | `* Re: What is the most popular anti-malware software for use on Apple computers?TimS
   |  +* Re: What is the most popular anti-malware software for use on AppleBill H
   |  |`* Re: What is the most popular anti-malware software for use on Apple computers?TimS
   |  | +- Re: What is the most popular anti-malware software for use on Apple computers?Mr Ön!on
   |  | +- Re: What is the most popular anti-malware software for use on AppleBill H
   |  | `* Re: What is the most popular anti-malware software for use on AppleWolf K
   |  |  `* Re: What is the most popular anti-malware software for use on AppleDavid Brooks
   |  |   +* Re: What is the most popular anti-malware software for use on AppleAndrei Z.
   |  |   |`* Re: What is the most popular anti-malware software for use on AppleDavid Brooks
   |  |   | `* Re: What is the most popular anti-malware software for use on AppleAndrei Z.
   |  |   |  `- Re: What is the most popular anti-malware software for use on AppleDavid Brooks
   |  |   `* Re: What is the most popular anti-malware software for use on Apple computers?nospam
   |  |    +* Re: What is the most popular anti-malware software for use on Apple computers?Jaimie Vandenbergh
   |  |    |+* Re: What is the most popular anti-malware software for use on AppleDavid Brooks
   |  |    ||`* Re: What is the most popular anti-malware software for use on Apple computers?nospam
   |  |    || `- Re: What is the most popular anti-malware software for use on AppleDavid Brooks
   |  |    |`* Re: What is the most popular anti-malware software for use on AppleA N Other
   |  |    | `- Re: What is the most popular anti-malware software for use on AppleDavid Brooks
   |  |    `* Re: What is the most popular anti-malware software for use on AppleKen Blake
   |  |     `* Re: What is the most popular anti-malware software for use on AppleDavid Brooks
   |  |      `- Re: What is the most popular anti-malware software for use on AppleA N Other
   |  `- Re: What is the most popular anti-malware software for use on Apple computers?Joy Beeson
   `* Re: What is the most popular anti-malware software for use on Apple computers?nospam
    `- Re: What is the most popular anti-malware software for use on AppleDavid Brooks

Pages:123
What is the most popular anti-malware software for use on Apple computers?

<sd3mnk$jr8$1@hunterbd.eternal-september.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=359&group=comp.sys.mac.misc#359

From: Dav...@nomail.invalid (David Brooks)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac,comp.sys.mac.misc
Subject: What is the most popular anti-malware software for use on Apple
computers?
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2021 12:12:46 +0100
 by: David Brooks - Mon, 19 Jul 2021 11:12 UTC

Here are some answers! :-D

https://appleanswers.quora.com/What-is-the-most-popular-anti-malware-software-for-use-on-Apple-computers

Do YOU have a view?

Re: What is the most popular anti-malware software for use on Apple computers?

<sd3sb0$4au$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=361&group=comp.sys.mac.misc#361

From: com.gm...@nospam.scottishwildcat (Calum)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac,comp.sys.mac.misc
computers?
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2021 13:48:32 +0100
 by: Calum - Mon, 19 Jul 2021 12:48 UTC

On 19/07/2021 12:12, David Brooks wrote:
> Here are some answers! :-D
>
> https://appleanswers.quora.com/What-is-the-most-popular-anti-malware-software-for-use-on-Apple-computers
>

> Do YOU have a view?

A view on what? The most popular one is the most popular one, that's
just a fact.

Re: What is the most popular anti-malware software for use on Apple computers?

<sd4s9e$1kpt$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=369&group=comp.sys.mac.misc#369

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.misc,uk.comp.sys.mac
Subject: Re: What is the most popular anti-malware software for use on Apple computers?
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2021 09:53:50 +1200
 by: Your Name - Mon, 19 Jul 2021 21:53 UTC

On 2021-07-19 12:48:32 +0000, Calum said:
> On 19/07/2021 12:12, David Brooks wrote:
>> Here are some answers! :-D
>>
>> https://appleanswers.quora.com/What-is-the-most-popular-anti-malware-software-for-use-on-Apple-computers
>>

>> Do YOU have a view?
>
> A view on what? The most popular one is the most popular one, that's
> just a fact.

Yes and no.

Obviously there will be one product that is installed on the most
computers (or in the case of the Mac, it's probably no third-party
anti-malware product at all is the most used option),

But due to the stupidity of the way all polls / surveys are run (tiny
number of people surveyed, misleading questions, participants lying /
responding multiple times, results skewed by whoever is paying the
bill, etc.), the product that appears at the top of different "Most" or
"Best" lists can vary, although you may find the top 10 are mostly the
same, just in a different order.

Re: What is the most popular anti-malware software for use on Apple computers?

<sd4t52$c0v$1@hunterbd.eternal-september.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=370&group=comp.sys.mac.misc#370

From: Dav...@nomail.invalid (David Brooks)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.misc,uk.comp.sys.mac,comp.sys.mac.system
computers?
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2021 23:08:33 +0100
 by: David Brooks - Mon, 19 Jul 2021 22:08 UTC

On 19/07/2021 22:53, Your Name wrote:
> On 2021-07-19 12:48:32 +0000, Calum said:
>> On 19/07/2021 12:12, David Brooks wrote:
>>> Here are some answers! :-D
>>>
>>> https://appleanswers.quora.com/What-is-the-most-popular-anti-malware-software-for-use-on-Apple-computers
>>>

>>> Do YOU have a view?
>>
>> A view on what? The most popular one is the most popular one, that's
>> just a fact.
>
> Yes and no.
>
> Obviously there will be one product that is installed on the
> most computers (or in the case of the Mac, it's probably no
> third-party anti-malware product at all is the most used option),
>
> But due to the stupidity of the way all polls / surveys are run (tiny
> number of people surveyed, misleading questions, participants lying /
> responding multiple times, results skewed by whoever is paying the bill,
> etc.), the product that appears at the top of different "Most" or "Best"
> lists can vary, although you may find the top 10 are mostly the same,
> just in a different order.

Thank you for your thoughts on this question.

I hope you read at the link. Roberto starts out saying ......

Q: What is the most popular anti-malware software for use on Apple
computers?

A: The most popular anti-malware software on all Apple products is the
anti-malware protection layers that are already built into all Apple
products

That means that you don't have to add any third party apps, in fact,
third party apps don't do anything on Apple products, they are a waste
of time and money because Apple already provides anti-malware
protection, which makes third party apps useless
Additional Information:

I have written about this before so I will quote myself here:

There are attempts at making viruses, and hacker attacks, written for
the Mac, iPhones and iPads, they do exist but they don’t work because
Apple is successful at deflecting them, Apple implements Active
Continuous Defense which is something that no other tech company does;
Apple expends a huge effort in keeping their customers safe, protecting
customer privacy via an effective multi layer defense system built into
many layers of the operating system (which deflects viruses, hackers and
other malware). There is no other OS with anywhere near the protection
level that Apple provides. That is why no one sees any active viruses or
other hacks on Mac, iPhones or iPads, regardless of how many new strains
are made.

MORE:
https://appleanswers.quora.com/What-is-the-most-popular-anti-malware-software-for-use-on-Apple-computers

Re: What is the most popular anti-malware software for use on Apple computers?

<beSdnR6ByYx41mv9nZ2dnUU7-ePNnZ2d@supernews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=371&group=comp.sys.mac.misc#371

Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac,comp.sys.mac.misc
From: non...@none.none (Bob Campbell)
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2021 00:07:00 -0400
 by: Bob Campbell - Tue, 20 Jul 2021 04:07 UTC

On 7/19/21 7:12 AM, David Brooks wrote:

> Do YOU have a view?

Yes. My view is that you are still a drunken buffoon. You continue to
post the same stupid questions over and over.

You are STILL irrationally obsessed with Mac malware. Why don't you
post your retarded questions on a Windows forum? People there will
actually care about malware.

Re: What is the most popular anti-malware software for use on Apple computers?

<0001HW.26A68CF51162519170001046738F@news.supernews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=372&group=comp.sys.mac.misc#372

Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2021 00:47:49 -0400
From: akwolf...@zoho.com (Wolffan)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac, comp.sys.mac.misc
 by: Wolffan - Tue, 20 Jul 2021 04:47 UTC

On 2021 Jul 20, Bob Campbell wrote
(in article<beSdnR6ByYx41mv9nZ2dnUU7-ePNnZ2d@supernews.com>):

> On 7/19/21 7:12 AM, David Brooks wrote:
>
> > Do YOU have a view?
>
> Yes. My view is that you are still a drunken buffoon. You continue to
> post the same stupid questions over and over.

he never learns. Massive alcohol abuse over a prolonged period has destroyed
much (most? almost all?) of his brain, and he ‘forgets’.

> You are STILL irrationally obsessed with Mac malware. Why don't you
> post your retarded questions on a Windows forum?

he does. most people detest him there, too.
> People there will
> actually care about malware.

Mac malware exists... it’s just that there’s not much of it. His thing is
that Mac anti-malware, particularly one certain Mac anti-malware product,
is/are scam(s), and he’s on a Mission From God to expose them. Or at least
one particular one.

The reality is that is a brain-damaged paranoid drunk.

Re: What is the most popular anti-malware software for use on Apple computers?

<sd5uqo$q3n$1@hunterbd.eternal-september.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=373&group=comp.sys.mac.misc#373

From: Dav...@nomail.invalid (David Brooks)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac,comp.sys.mac.misc,alt.comp.software.thunderbird
computers?
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2021 08:43:20 +0100
 by: David Brooks - Tue, 20 Jul 2021 07:43 UTC

On 20/07/2021 05:07, Bob Campbell wrote:
> On 7/19/21 7:12 AM, David Brooks wrote:
>
>> Do YOU have a view?
>
> Yes.  My view is that you are still a drunken buffoon.  You continue to
> post the same stupid questions over and over.

I stopped drinking alcohol on 21 March 2018

> You are STILL irrationally obsessed with Mac malware.  Why don't you
> post your retarded questions on a Windows forum?   People there will
> actually care about malware.

Please will you check this out for me?

[url=https://ibb.co/6tJxyYC][img]https://i.ibb.co/1XJ50ZW/Screenshot-2021-07-20-at-08-16-23.png[/img][/url]

The message was in my 'Inbox' this morning, but I cannot find it posted
on the main Quora site. See Message-ID:
<sd3mnk$jr8$1@hunterbd.eternal-september.org>

Thanks if you will. 🙂

--
There's probably a simple explanation!

Re: What is the most popular anti-malware software for use on Apple computers?

<sd6638$edt$2@hunterbd.eternal-september.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=375&group=comp.sys.mac.misc#375

From: Dav...@nomail.invalid (David Brooks)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac,comp.sys.mac.misc
computers?
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2021 10:47:20 +0100
 by: David Brooks - Tue, 20 Jul 2021 09:47 UTC

On 20/07/2021 05:47, Wolffan wrote:
> On 2021 Jul 20, Bob Campbell wrote
[....]
> Mac malware exists... it’s just that there’s not much of it. His thing is
> that Mac anti-malware, particularly one certain Mac anti-malware product,
> is/are scam(s), and he’s on a Mission From God to expose them. Or at least
> one particular one.

FYI

https://ibb.co/8DGMZJM

Comments invited. Something isn't quite ringing true. :confused:

Re: What is the most popular anti-malware software for use on Apple computers?

<0001HW.26A6E74311777BFF70001046738F@news.supernews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=376&group=comp.sys.mac.misc#376

Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2021 07:13:07 -0400
From: akwolf...@zoho.com (Wolffan)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac, comp.sys.mac.misc
 by: Wolffan - Tue, 20 Jul 2021 11:13 UTC

On 2021 Jul 20, David Brooks wrote
(in article<sd6638$edt$2@hunterbd.eternal-september.org>):

> On 20/07/2021 05:47, Wolffan wrote:
> > On 2021 Jul 20, Bob Campbell wrote
> [....]
> > Mac malware exists... it’s just that there’s not much of it. His thing
> > is
> > that Mac anti-malware, particularly one certain Mac anti-malware product,
> > is/are scam(s), and he’s on a Mission From God to expose them. Or at least
> > one particular one.
>
> FYI
>
> https://ibb.co/8DGMZJM

I don’t click on your links, vile one. The last time, the very last time,
that I did, the site attempted to download a. banking RAT (a Windows banking
RAT) in the form of a Flash updater.

> Comments invited. Something isn't quite ringing true. :confused:

The fact that you only have one working neuron, and that the poor thing is
alcohol-soaked, means thatb you’re always confused.

So... how are those ‘reports’ that you allegedly filed working for you?

Re: What is the most popular anti-malware software for use on Apple computers?

<0001HW.26A6E7C3117799D570001046738F@news.supernews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=377&group=comp.sys.mac.misc#377

Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2021 07:15:15 -0400
From: akwolf...@zoho.com (Wolffan)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac, comp.sys.mac.misc, alt.comp.software.thunderbird
 by: Wolffan - Tue, 20 Jul 2021 11:15 UTC

On 2021 Jul 20, David Brooks wrote
(in article<sd5uqo$q3n$1@hunterbd.eternal-september.org>):

> On 20/07/2021 05:07, Bob Campbell wrote:
> > On 7/19/21 7:12 AM, David Brooks wrote:
> >
> > > Do YOU have a view?
> >
> > Yes. My view is that you are still a drunken buffoon. You continue to
> > post the same stupid questions over and over.
>
> I stopped drinking alcohol on 21 March 2018

even if this werte true, which I doubt, it was far too late, the damage had
been done.

> > You are STILL irrationally obsessed with Mac malware. Why don't you
> > post your retarded questions on a Windows forum? People there will
> > actually care about malware.
>
> Please will you check this out for me?
>
> [url=https://ibb.co/6tJxyYC][img]https://i.ibb.co/1XJ50ZW/Screenshot-2021-07-2
> 0-at-08-16-23.png[/img][/url]
>
> The message was in my 'Inbox' this morning, but I cannot find it posted
> on the main Quora site.

damn. you got banned from _another_ site? That was quick.
> See Message-ID:
> <sd3mnk$jr8$1@hunterbd.eternal-september.org>
>
> Thanks if you will. 🙂

Re: What is the most popular anti-malware software for use on Apple computers?

<200720210926174721%nospam@nospam.invalid>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=378&group=comp.sys.mac.misc#378

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac,comp.sys.mac.misc,alt.comp.software.thunderbird
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2021 09:26:17 -0400
 by: nospam - Tue, 20 Jul 2021 13:26 UTC

In article <sd5uqo$q3n$1@hunterbd.eternal-september.org>, David Brooks
<DavidB@nomail.invalid> wrote:

> >> Do YOU have a view?
> >
> > Yes.  My view is that you are still a drunken buffoon.  You continue to
> > post the same stupid questions over and over.
>
> I stopped drinking alcohol on 21 March 2018

only for a few hours.

Re: What is the most popular anti-malware software for use on Apple computers?

<200720210926184781%nospam@nospam.invalid>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=379&group=comp.sys.mac.misc#379

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac,comp.sys.mac.misc
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2021 09:26:18 -0400
 by: nospam - Tue, 20 Jul 2021 13:26 UTC

In article <0001HW.26A6E74311777BFF70001046738F@news.supernews.com>,
Wolffan <akwolffan@zoho.com> wrote:

> On 2021 Jul 20, David Brooks wrote
> (in article<sd6638$edt$2@hunterbd.eternal-september.org>):
> > FYI
> >
> > https://ibb.co/8DGMZJM
>
> I don¹t click on your links, vile one. The last time, the very last time,
> that I did, the site attempted to download a. banking RAT (a Windows banking
> RAT) in the form of a Flash updater.

it's a screenshot of his post being flagged and banned.

Re: What is the most popular anti-malware software for use on Apple computers?

<sd6k1f$gd1$1@hunterbd.eternal-september.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=380&group=comp.sys.mac.misc#380

From: Dav...@nomail.invalid (David Brooks)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac,comp.sys.mac.misc,alt.comp.software.thunderbird
computers?
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2021 14:45:19 +0100
 by: David Brooks - Tue, 20 Jul 2021 13:45 UTC

On 20/07/2021 14:26, nospam *LIED*

>>> Yes.  My view is that you are still a drunken buffoon.  You continue to
>>> post the same stupid questions over and over.
>>
>> I stopped drinking alcohol on 21 March 2018
>
> only for a few hours.

Permanently.

I've had nary a drop since then.

Re: What is the most popular anti-malware software for use on Apple computers?

<sd6kbs$m4m$1@hunterbd.eternal-september.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=381&group=comp.sys.mac.misc#381

From: Dav...@nomail.invalid (David Brooks)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac,comp.sys.mac.misc
computers?
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2021 14:50:51 +0100
 by: David Brooks - Tue, 20 Jul 2021 13:50 UTC

On 20/07/2021 14:26, nospam *LIED* again.

> In article <0001HW.26A6E74311777BFF70001046738F@news.supernews.com>,
> Wolffan <akwolffan@zoho.com> wrote:
>
>> On 2021 Jul 20, David Brooks wrote
>> (in article<sd6638$edt$2@hunterbd.eternal-september.org>):
>>> FYI
>>>
>>> https://ibb.co/8DGMZJM
>>
>> I don¹t click on your links, vile one. The last time, the very last time,
>> that I did, the site attempted to download a. banking RAT (a Windows banking
>> RAT) in the form of a Flash updater.
>
> it's a screenshot of his post being flagged and banned.

No - It is David Blanche's post which has been removed.

Re: What is the most popular anti-malware software for use on Apple computers?

<200720211032433967%nospam@nospam.invalid>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=382&group=comp.sys.mac.misc#382

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac,comp.sys.mac.misc
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2021 10:32:43 -0400
 by: nospam - Tue, 20 Jul 2021 14:32 UTC

In article <sd6kbs$m4m$1@hunterbd.eternal-september.org>, David Brooks
<DavidB@nomail.invalid> wrote:

> >> On 2021 Jul 20, David Brooks wrote
> >> (in article<sd6638$edt$2@hunterbd.eternal-september.org>):

> >> I don1t click on your links, vile one. The last time, the very last time,
> >> that I did, the site attempted to download a. banking RAT (a Windows
> >> banking RAT) in the form of a Flash updater.
> >
> > it's a screenshot of his post being flagged and banned.
>
> No - It is David Blanche's post which has been removed.

nope.

Re: What is the most popular anti-malware software for use on Apple computers?

<ilo5ddF58r4U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=383&group=comp.sys.mac.misc#383

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac,comp.sys.mac.misc
computers?
Date: 20 Jul 2021 14:37:34 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Tue, 20 Jul 2021 14:37 UTC

On 2021-07-20, David Brooks <DavidB@nomail.invalid> wrote:
> On 20/07/2021 14:26, nospam *LIED* again.
>> In article <0001HW.26A6E74311777BFF70001046738F@news.supernews.com>,
>> Wolffan <akwolffan@zoho.com> wrote:
>>> On 2021 Jul 20, David Brooks wrote
>>> (in article<sd6638$edt$2@hunterbd.eternal-september.org>):

>>> I don¹t click on your links, vile one. The last time, the very last time,
>>> that I did, the site attempted to download a. banking RAT (a Windows banking
>>> RAT) in the form of a Flash updater.
>>
>> it's a screenshot of his post being flagged and banned.
>
> No - It is David Blanche's post which has been removed.

Nope. The "content has been deleted" message is clearly displayed just
above *your* comment, as anyone can see by viewing Robert's answer right
on Quora:

<https://appleanswers.quora.com/What-is-the-most-popular-anti-malware-software-for-use-on-Apple-computers-3?ch=10&share=0a705e7e&srid=pDaZ>

You trying to claim otherwise is just lame. Get a life.

JR

Re: What is the most popular anti-malware software for use on Apple computers?

<0001HW.26A720B91184F3B770001046738F@news.supernews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=384&group=comp.sys.mac.misc#384

Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!paganini.bofh.team!news.dns-netz.com!news.freedyn.net!newsfeed.xs4all.nl!newsfeed8.news.xs4all.nl!news-out.netnews.com!news.alt.net!fdc2.netnews.com!peer03.ams1!peer.ams1.xlned.com!news.xlned.com!peer03.iad!feed-me.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!border1.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!buffer1.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!buffer2.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!nntp.supernews.com!news.supernews.com.POSTED!not-for-mail
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2021 11:18:17 -0400
From: akwolf...@zoho.com (Wolffan)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac, comp.sys.mac.misc
 by: Wolffan - Tue, 20 Jul 2021 15:18 UTC

On 2021 Jul 20, nospam wrote
(in article<200720210926184781%nospam@nospam.invalid>):

> In article<0001HW.26A6E74311777BFF70001046738F@news.supernews.com>,
> Wolffan <akwolffan@zoho.com> wrote:
>
> > On 2021 Jul 20, David Brooks wrote
> > (in article<sd6638$edt$2@hunterbd.eternal-september.org>):
> > > FYI
> > >
> > > https://ibb.co/8DGMZJM
> >
> > I don¹t click on your links, vile one. The last time, the very last time,
> > that I did, the site attempted to download a. banking RAT (a Windows banking
> > RAT) in the form of a Flash updater.
>
> it's a screenshot of his post being flagged and banned.

So he did get banned. Not a surprise.

Re: What is the most popular anti-malware software for use on Apple computers?

<sd6qub$43s$2@hunterbd.eternal-september.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=385&group=comp.sys.mac.misc#385

From: Dav...@nomail.invalid (David Brooks)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac,comp.sys.mac.misc
computers?
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2021 16:43:07 +0100
 by: David Brooks - Tue, 20 Jul 2021 15:43 UTC

On 20/07/2021 15:37, Jolly Roger wrote:
> On 2021-07-20, David Brooks <DavidB@nomail.invalid> wrote:
>> On 20/07/2021 14:26, nospam *LIED* again.

>>> it's a screenshot of his post being flagged and banned.
>>
>> No - It is David Blanche's post which has been removed.
>
> Nope. The "content has been deleted" message is clearly displayed just
> above *your* comment, as anyone can see by viewing Robert's answer right
> on Quora:
>
> <https://appleanswers.quora.com/What-is-the-most-popular-anti-malware-software-for-use-on-Apple-computers-3?ch=10&share=0a705e7e&srid=pDaZ>
>
> You trying to claim otherwise is just lame. Get a life.

Can you see THIS?

=

Did you send me this email message this morning? (20 July)

Screenshot-2021-07-20-at-08-16-23

You appear to be suggesting that ClamXav was not started by the CURRENT
owner, Mark Allan, in 2004. Perhaps I have misunderstood.

Re: What is the most popular anti-malware software for use on Apple computers?

<ilo9cpF66rgU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=386&group=comp.sys.mac.misc#386

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac,comp.sys.mac.misc
computers?
Date: 20 Jul 2021 15:45:30 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Tue, 20 Jul 2021 15:45 UTC

On 2021-07-20, David Brooks <DavidB@nomail.invalid> wrote:
> On 20/07/2021 15:37, Jolly Roger wrote:
>> On 2021-07-20, David Brooks <DavidB@nomail.invalid> wrote:
>>> On 20/07/2021 14:26, nospam *LIED* again.

>>> No - It is David Blanche's post which has been removed.
>>
>> Nope. The "content has been deleted" message is clearly displayed just
>> above *your* comment, as anyone can see by viewing Robert's answer right
>> on Quora:
>>
>> <https://appleanswers.quora.com/What-is-the-most-popular-anti-malware-software-for-use-on-Apple-computers-3?ch=10&share=0a705e7e&srid=pDaZ>
>>
>> You trying to claim otherwise is just lame. Get a life.
>
> Can you see THIS?

Your comment was removed. Nothing you can say will change that fact. Get
a life.

JR

Re: What is the most popular anti-malware software for use on Apple computers?

<sd6rmf$f8n$1@hunterbd.eternal-september.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=387&group=comp.sys.mac.misc#387

From: Dav...@nomail.invalid (David Brooks)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac,comp.sys.mac.misc
computers?
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2021 16:55:58 +0100
 by: David Brooks - Tue, 20 Jul 2021 15:55 UTC

https://ibb.co/LpJVTRP

> Your comment was removed. Nothing you can say will change that fact. Get
> a life.

David Blanche's post was the /principal/ one removed.

It sounded just as if he'd been stalking me! <gosh>

HTH

Re: What is the most popular anti-malware software for use on Apple computers?

<sd6urv$us8$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=388&group=comp.sys.mac.misc#388

From: anot...@invalid.com (A N Other)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac,comp.sys.mac.misc
computers?
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2021 16:50:07 +0100
<sd6rmf$f8n$1@hunterbd.eternal-september.org>
 by: A N Other - Tue, 20 Jul 2021 15:50 UTC

On 20/07/2021 16:55, David Brooks wrote:
> On 20/07/2021 16:45, Jolly Roger wrote:

>>> Can you see THIS?
>
> https://ibb.co/LpJVTRP
>
>> Your comment was removed. Nothing you can say will change that fact. Get
>> a life.
>
> David Blanche's post was the /principal/ one removed.

Well that's very odd I can see David Blanche's post but NOT yours.

JR IS correct.

Re: What is the most popular anti-malware software for use on Apple computers?

<ilodc2F6tahU2@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=389&group=comp.sys.mac.misc#389

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac,comp.sys.mac.misc
computers?
Date: 20 Jul 2021 16:53:22 GMT
<sd6rmf$f8n$1@hunterbd.eternal-september.org>
 by: Jolly Roger - Tue, 20 Jul 2021 16:53 UTC

On 2021-07-20, David Brooks <DavidB@nomail.invalid> wrote:
> On 20/07/2021 16:45, Jolly Roger wrote:

>>> Can you see THIS?
>
> https://ibb.co/LpJVTRP
>
>> Your comment was removed. Nothing you can say will change that fact. Get
>> a life.
>
> David Blanche's post was the /principal/ one removed.

Nope. Yours was removed, and everyone here can see that. Denying it only
makes you look really, really dumb.

> It sounded just as if he'd been stalking me! <gosh>

No, but I am almost certain you are stalking him.

JR

Re: What is the most popular anti-malware software for use on Apple computers?

<ilodjnF6tahU3@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=390&group=comp.sys.mac.misc#390

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac,comp.sys.mac.misc
computers?
Date: 20 Jul 2021 16:57:28 GMT
<sd6rmf$f8n$1@hunterbd.eternal-september.org> <sd6urv$us8$1@gioia.aioe.org>
 by: Jolly Roger - Tue, 20 Jul 2021 16:57 UTC

On 2021-07-20, A N Other <another@invalid.com> wrote:
> On 20/07/2021 16:55, David Brooks wrote:
>>
>> David Blanche's post was the /principal/ one removed.
>
> Well that's very odd I can see David Blanche's post but NOT yours.
>
> JR IS correct.

Apparently, he just joined Quora last month, and already people there
are well aware of his reputation and blocking his posts. His reputation
precedes him wherever he goes.

JR

Re: What is the most popular anti-malware software for use on Apple computers?

<200720211326490779%nospam@nospam.invalid>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=391&group=comp.sys.mac.misc#391

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac,comp.sys.mac.misc
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2021 13:26:49 -0400
References: <sd3mnk$jr8$1@hunterbd.eternal-september.org> <beSdnR6ByYx41mv9nZ2dnUU7-ePNnZ2d@supernews.com> <0001HW.26A68CF51162519170001046738F@news.supernews.com> <sd6638$edt$2@hunterbd.eternal-september.org> <0001HW.26A6E74311777BFF70001046738F@news.supernews.com> <200720210926184781%nospam@nospam.invalid> <sd6kbs$m4m$1@hunterbd.eternal-september.org> <ilo5ddF58r4U1@mid.individual.net> <sd6qub$43s$2@hunterbd.eternal-september.org> <ilo9cpF66rgU1@mid.individual.net> <sd6rmf$f8n$1@hunterbd.eternal-september.org> <ilodc2F6tahU2@mid.individual.net>
 by: nospam - Tue, 20 Jul 2021 17:26 UTC

In article <ilodc2F6tahU2@mid.individual.net>, Jolly Roger
<jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote:

> > https://ibb.co/LpJVTRP
> >
> >> Your comment was removed. Nothing you can say will change that fact. Get
> >> a life.
> >
> > David Blanche's post was the /principal/ one removed.
>
> Nope. Yours was removed, and everyone here can see that. Denying it only
> makes you look really, really dumb.

he *is* really, really dumb.

> > It sounded just as if he'd been stalking me! <gosh>
>
> No, but I am almost certain you are stalking him.

guaranteed.

Re: What is the most popular anti-malware software for use on Apple computers?

<ilosimFa63pU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=394&group=comp.sys.mac.misc#394

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac,comp.sys.mac.misc
computers?
Date: 20 Jul 2021 21:12:54 GMT
<sd6rmf$f8n$1@hunterbd.eternal-september.org>
<ilodc2F6tahU2@mid.individual.net>
<200720211326490779%nospam@nospam.invalid>
 by: Jolly Roger - Tue, 20 Jul 2021 21:12 UTC

On 2021-07-20, nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid> wrote:

>> > David Blanche's post was the /principal/ one removed.
>>
>> Nope. Yours was removed, and everyone here can see that. Denying it
>> only makes you look really, really dumb.
>
> he *is* really, really dumb.
>
>> > It sounded just as if he'd been stalking me! <gosh>
>>
>> No, but I am almost certain you are stalking him.
>
> guaranteed.

No doubt. Fortunately, the guy looks to be pretty tech-savvy, so I doubt
it's much of a concern for him.

JR